Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Harry Potter Guild of Gaia
The Hogwarts Monthly! May Issue 2015 [OPEN READ ME] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you ready for the new issue !?
  Yes!!
  I didn't know we had a paper.
  Can I please be a writer !?
View Results

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:19 am
Issue Name: February 2010
Issue Number: 2.2

Current Editor: Lorrieta

Table of Contents:

Page 1: New Year, New Style
Page 2: Bunch of Birthdays!
Page 3: Poetry Corner
Page 4: December Deferred
Page 5: Ask the Elf!
Page 6: New Year Resolutions!
Page 7: Just for Fun
Page 8: Special Announcements
Page 9: Witch of the Month
Page 10: Note from IceeWitch
Page 11: Note from Miss Love Tantei
Page 12: Current Staff & More

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 am

╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮╰☆╮

New Year, New Style

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia brought in the new year with style! Not only were members steadfastly involved in the Holiday festivities dressed in their finest pajama attire, but many changes and updates went into affect in the middle of last term.
Noticed the new edition of the Entrance Hall? It's nowhere near the same as the one before that! The new Entrance Hall is a lot more clear (with a lot less words) about guild information.
According to my sources, Professor Junimaia, Head of Hufflepuff, first presented the idea of a new Entrance Hall during Summer Term 2009. "I felt it was something [the guild] needed because the old one was really outdated."
Not only did the guild's most important thread get redone, but all of the common rooms were taken over by surprising culprits: the House Ghosts! Even Dobby took over the Giggling Pear! "Tis had to be done Miss. I is only following the Bloody Baron sir's orders!" he squeaked at me when I cornered him near the Room of Requirement.
Other places that got new looks before the new year include the Filing Cabinet, the Hogwarts Monthly (fangirl squee), the Editors Office, The Trophy Room, and the Hour Glasses. So many changes I'm not sure I mentioned everything---but at least I tried!
I spoke with IceeWitch, the Head Elf, and asked her what the "Mod Squad" was planning for the future.
"Lots of stuff, nothing is really set in stone yet (*cough Sorting Hat *cough*). Mostly I think we're trying to get the guild in a place that it can easily change leadership, without any major noticeable changes or the guild dying off. OMG! I'm not sure I should be talking to you..."

With all these changes happening so late in 2009, I wonder what 2010 will bring for HPGoG and it's members. I certainly can't wait!

IceeWitch contributed to this article =)

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:20 am

Bunch of Birthdays by Lyra Elizabeth

HPGoG would like to wish a very happy (and very belated, in some cases) birthday to:

intoxicatedsmiLes (December 1)
Nike_goddess-of-victory (December 3)
Jatar (December 6)
DownAzzLette (December 10)
gyp5ym00n (December 13)
x_EnDrIa_x (December 16)
Tabby507 (December 18 )
Arashi Erina (January 1)
b e a r - c h o o (January 13)
Crystal of Quills (January 15)
curlycute6 (January 17)
Stardust Muse (January 22)
Animekitty47 (January 29)
Darth Hakumei (February 3)

User Image
If your birthday is in December, February, or January but is not listed here, please post it in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:22 am

Poetry Corner

Hogwarts, How I Love Thee
By Miss Love Tantei

Oh Hogwarts, with your legacy grows
Witches, wizards, house elves, ghosts
Knowledge placed in every corner
Many a secret, those will uncover

Inside the many portraits lay
The beauty of movement ever displayed
Honored headmasters line the walls
Their presence known, once and for all

Oh Hogwarts, how your history never fails
To astound the eyes of the those who seek
Oh Hogwarts, Hogwarts full of tales
Hogwarts, Hogwarts I Love Thee

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:23 am

-December Deferred-

It's obviously not December anymore, but Nike goddess-of-victory reported about everything that was going on...in December!
(It was written and submitted in December, but the December Monthly issue was deferred, hence the title).

------

Right now, I have heard from a little birdie that snowmen used in a snowball fight have gone on the rampage. To be more specific: they have spawned more of themselves and are attacking Hogwarts! You can help fight them off in Christmas Craze, in the event forum.
It is time to vote for your favorite entry in Winter Dreams and the Christmas Decoration Contest! Hurry and get your vote in so we can all pick a winner! There was only one entry for Option Two of the Decoration contest, so congratulations Endria on winning Option Two!
In other news, the Hogwarts Express has arrived at Hogwarts! Go ahead and visit in your common rooms, get in your pajamas, then go to the Holiday Hall!
And as you all know, when there is good news there is also bad news. Our fellow roleplayer, cocosam, was banned from gaia by her parents and can no longer be a part of the guild.
Now a message for you all: If you like the Hogwarts Monthly or wish to write a column for it, go ahead and become a part of it! We need more staff members! Lorrieta (the editor) and HEY-its-FRED123 are the only members as of now.
And that is all that’s going on in the Harry Potter Guild of Gaia!

Nike goddess-of-victory contributed to this article

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:24 am

Ask the ELF! by The Queen Lana

Welcome to another Ask the Elf, where you ask the elf! If you want to submit a letter, simply PM The Queen Lana.

Dear Elf

I live in a very remote place, known as th Chatam Isles, and I am a huge fan of the amazing Harry Potter series, but sadly I happen to be the only one on my island, i find it so very hard to keep up with all the information, and whats happening in the Harry Potter world, as I only get access to the internet once a week, for about an hour. Please help.

-Isolated Islander

Dear I-I

I sympathize, but i have your solution there on the wonderful wide world web, all the information you need can be found within an hour and not just that, but jokes, tib-its and competions are run on this, it is but a simple podcast, known more popularly as Pottercast, #1 Harry Potter Podcast, it only takes a few minutes to download, all you need is iTunes, on these Pottercast's you can meet Sue, John, Frak and Melissa, where there are interviews of the Harry Potter actors, discussions, and questions from the listeners, there is also an exclusive interview, from the very one and only J.K Rowling.

I hope you enjoy.

Your loyal and faithful

Elf

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:25 am

New Year, New Starts = New Year's Resolution
By Miss Love Tantei

It's a month after the blessed event of a New Years Day ringing upon our halls and statistically speaking, most people compile that list that seems to be growing each and every year. If you guessed New Year's Resolutions, give yourselves a pat on the back and if not, well it was indicated in the title was it not? In many countries, there are different ways to ringing in the New Year and Resolutions are absolutely one of the top ways of celebrating.

Now, the assignment of this article was given to me quite late and I had no time to survey our fellow students and staff on their particular resolutions. All I can offer to my dear staff, students, house elves, and fellow ghosts is the information and history of this ever-growing tradition.

New Years Resolutions started way before Merlin's era, back in what the Muggles say was the year 153 B.C. by a Roman king by the name of Janus (note that this is the name that we derived for the month of January).

In the United States alone, it is said that forty to fifty percent of Americans from the age of teens and beyond make more than just one resolutions each year. Out of that percentage, seventy-eight percent keep their resolutions intact, not breaking it in hopes of actually fulfilling them. Of course, myths surround the New Year's Resolutions and there are jokes that the day that most resolutions become null and void is January 17 though it can not be validated at this time.

The following is the top resolutions that withstand the test of time in Muggles and Wizards alike:
+Weight Loss
+Appearances
+Cleanliness
+Debt Reduction
+Fortune

So the next time New Year's Eve rolls around, don't forget your own list. Whether it be losing that pudgy butterbeer belly or redeeming yourself from being a Death Eater, we all have areas we need to improve on and a tradition that will stand transcend beyond our years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 am

Just For Fun!

After days and days, this is what we came up with:
Click this button

Utter fail? You decide! Just don't get addicted.

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:28 am

Special Announcements (February)

Winter Term 2010 is in full swing! I am very happy to see that so many students are taking part in classes this term. On behalf of me and everyone else, I really appreciate those members who're teaching this term! It's a great way to get involved. Another great way to get active and involved would be...writing for the Hogwarts Monthly. IceeWitch goes on about that a little later in this issue. ninja
I'll be sending out a PM sometime in the next couple of weeks about the Filing Cabinet...be on the lookout for that!
Term ends Feb 26, but before that there's an event scheduled to begin Feb 12. In order for this event to be a success, we need you guys to start brewing ideas in the Suggestions, Feedback, and Questions thread!
Every member (no matter whether they're a house-elf, graduate, or student) can brainstorm ideas.
One other thing, I know that role-playing has become a big part of our guild, but don't forget about the other subforums (*cough* Heard it in the Hallway). I would like the members of HPGoG to build friendships with one another and the best places to do that are common rooms and here.
In case you're interested, Slytherin is on track for their 4th straight House Cup! Earn those house-points!
That's all the special announcements I can think of for now, but remember to check the Entrance Hall often for more information and updates!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:29 am

This month's honor as Witch of the Month goes to Lyra Elizabeth!
The Heads of House decided collectively and unanimously to give Lyra this honor. No doubt she more than deserved it: Lyra serves as Deputy Head of Ravenclaw and the birthday correspondent for the Hogwarts Monthly, but she does so much more! She's always an active participant in guild events, posts regularly in Heard it in the Hallway, and she's always around answering questions that the Heads have no time to answer.
After the Heads of House gave me the name, I sought out Lyra for an interview. I figured my long list of questions would annoy her, but it didn't! That's just further proof that Lyra Elizabeth is a very kind-hearted person. If you don't know Lyra Elizabeth, then after reading my interview with her, I'm sure you'll want to meet her!

*´¨)
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Lyra Elizabeth
User Image

Q: Have you read all the books? How many times?

A: Yes, I've read all of them. Books 1-6 about 4 times each, but the 7th book only once so far. (It was packed up in a box for ages and when I dug it out to read it again my father decided to read it.)
Q: Which is your favorite?

A: Ooh, difficult question. I'd probably have to say Prisoner of Azkaban.
Q: Have you seen any of the movies based on the books, if so which ones?
A: Yes, I've seen all of the movies so far.
Q: Which is your favorite of those?
A: A tie between Sorcerer's/Philosopher's Stone and the latest one, Half-Blood Prince.
Q: What is your favorite book or author? Besides Harry/J.K.?
A: Oh goodness. Can I name a few? Authors: Laurie R. King, Tamora Pierce, and Trudi Canavan. Books: Watership Down and Good Night Mr. Tom.
Q: Do you have a favorite character from J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books? Who is it? (it's fine if you have more than one, I know I do)

A: If I had to choose, Luna Lovegood.
Q: How did you find out about Gaia?

A: Randomly browsing through web pages.
Q: What's your favorite thing to do on Gaia? Outside of Gaia?

A: On Gaia: HPGoG, of course! xd Outside of Gaia: Reading.
Q: Are you in any other guilds? Are you as active in those?

A: I'm in a couple other guilds, mostly based around authors/books, though I'm not nearly as active in them. They move along rather slowly so I get a bit bored.
Q: How often would you say you are on Gaia? In the HPGoG?

A: I'm on Gaia probably once or twice a day. Each time I log on I go to HPGoG.
Q: Was Ravenclaw your first choice for House? Why or why not?

A: Yes, it was. I think that of the traits commonly associated with the houses, I have more of those of Ravenclaw than of the other three, though I possess some traits from all them. It's rather hard to explain except to say that I think. Ravenclaw feels like a little niche that I fit just perfectly into. I think it suits me rather well.
Q: I've noticed that you joined on Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007. In a little more than two years, you've become one of the most trusted people in HPGoG! You're always lending a helping hand, especially when it comes to answering questions. How does being appreciated by HPGoG make you feel?
A: I've always loved helping out in any way I can, so being able to help out in such a great guild makes me feel wonderful. And it's very nice to know the help is appreciated.
Q: What do you think about being deemed the Witch of the Month?
A: O.o I think it's awesome! I'm glad to be thought worthy of the honor.
Q: Lastly, is there anything else you want to tell the members of the guild?
A: Not that I can think of off the top of my head at this very moment...

What does it take to be the Member of the Month like Lyra? Approval from the Heads: help out, be active, and get noticed!

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 am

Note From IceeWitch Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

Hey guys! Thanks for reading the issue (and not just skipping down here to see what I have to say). I want to thank the staff members that submitted some material for the Monthly, and give an extra special thanks to Lyra Elizabeth and Miss Love Tantei because this issue would never have been posted without them heart . Anyway, the Monthly is definitely one of the best and most unique features of the guild, so as members we need you to get involved! I know I'm mentioning something that's been mentioned before, but we really need you to join (or submit stuff). If you're not sure what to submit or what to do, all you have to do is post whatever questions you have in the Editor Office. The Editor's Office is there specifically to answer all questions about the Monthly, brainstorm ideas, and anything else HM-related! I know that the Editor, Lorrieta will get back to you soon. So to ensure the next issue can be bigger and better than this one (or the Hogwarts Ghostly blaugh ) simply post in the Editor's thread to see what you can do to help!
Have a happy February! -Icee
PS: I LOVE THE HOUSE-ELVES (past and present!)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:33 am

Hello! Good Day! Konnichiwa! Bonjour! Ni Hao!

Its good to be back in HPGoG. I'm your host--I mean I'm your co-editor, Miss Love Tantei. xd Really, its been a hassle and blast getting this issue of the HM out. We were really short on time and many obstacles stood in our way, but we made it. YAY!

I'd like to thank the staff and most importantly IceeWitch. Without her pushing me, this would never have been done properly.

I hope you enjoy the articles we put out for you. The comics section "Just for Fun" is still a work-in-progress. Hopefully I'll add other things like a crossword or joke or trivia...I'm still thinking. Well all I can say is, enjoy and I hope you join us on our next issue. Thanks for reading!

~Miss Love Tantei
heart

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

HogwartsMonthlyEditor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 am

CURRENT STAFF OF THE HOGWARTS MONTHLY

Lorrieta - (Editor)**
Nike_goddess-of-victory - (Reporter)
Lyra Elizabeth - (Birthday Correspondent)

Wanna join?

Note: For this month's issue, IceeWitch and Miss Love Tantei served as co-editors and provided most of the information/articles needed for the issue.

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces