Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Does your family support you as an artist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your family support you as an artist?
  Yes. They back me 100% no matter what I do, odd or outrageous.
  No. They would rather not be seen in public with "the artist.
  Half-heartedly. They don't understand me, but don't stop me from doing my own "thing".
  Indifferent. They have no idea that I'm an artist and could care less if they did.
View Results

FlipMaester

Fashionable Genius

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:49 pm
neither of my parents or grandparents support me hell barely anybody in my family support me ive always had to save up to buy my own art supplies before i got my tablet my mom always nagged at me saying "its a waste of money!!" but i just ignore her my dad on the other hand doest give a s**t at all what i do he neither supports me or disapproves anything i do so basically i dont exist to him XD only ones that have really showed support are my aunt and my siblings ^^ my grandparents (grandfather especially) hates what i do he even once came into my room and ripped up something ive been working on for a week just cause i failed to to throw away the trash and I want to go to an art college but i just dont see that happening at all guess im just stuck having to get a boring job and only get to draw as a hobby

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:41 pm
They do support me sort of. One of my brothers is asking me to draw for a game he's creating, and another of my brothers asked me to draw him a character.
But overall they don't care, and they'd rather I become a zoologist  

FrozenVendetta

qtest_lil_angel

Mythical Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:34 pm
Yes indeed! my family are the ones who inspire me to keep going with it! My lil brother looks up to me as an artist and i hope one day to become as good as i possibly can!
I have only stated drawing when i was 11 lol and they were of sailormoon! lol i love that show >.< but now i look back at the pictures, i really hope i have improved! lol
however from those first drawings my family have been there every picture i have drawn from then on, they still love to see them (and i can tell now they are genuinely loving them lol)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:28 am
Well, yes they do support me but not that really 100%... Whenever I'm depressed, they give me advices but they'd never talk about my drawing unless I open it to them... So sad when I think about that...  

keichaos

Grinsender-Damon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:15 pm
Its hard to say because feels kinda cold from my dad, he is an artist to and he believes I ma not good enough... without saying a word.

My mom only likes the normal things i draw like flowers... nothing demented.

But they are supporting me mentally for me to be successful in the digital design industry.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:26 pm
My 'rents totally support me. They say, "Follow your heart,. Just don't do anything stupid to ruin your life". sweatdrop  

Das_Epistola_Lilium

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Driany

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:56 pm
they support me, even i'f i 'am a engineer...

is not easy to live with drawing in chile ._.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:13 am
My parents think it's great that I have a productive outlet, rather then going out and getting drunk all the time. : P
I'm not sure how they feel about me being a professional artist. xD They'd prefer I'd be a violinist, but that's not going to happen.  

no surrender

Vaporeae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:49 am
Overall, yes. My mum is the one who had to put up with me pestering her about proportion and anatomy and 'Does that look right?'. No, she supports me. She thinks I'm amazing, lol. My dad doesn't really support me in anything though. I don't think he really cares what I want to do..  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:52 am
Vaporeae
Overall, yes. My mum is the one who had to put up with me pestering her about proportion and anatomy and 'Does that look right?'. No, she supports me. She thinks I'm amazing, lol. My dad doesn't really support me in anything though. I don't think he really cares what I want to do..

Almost the same as mine... But minus a little bit of attention... Ahahaha!  

keichaos

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:48 pm

At first no. My entirely family are very mathematical and science based in all of their work so art was something both of my parents saw as a rather as a hobby not to be wasting time on.

So when I started college, I was a music minor, took a few art classes, and started with a major in English Ed. To say nonetheless I hated my major with a passion and it became very clear when my grades would come in every semester.

I learned that the school that I went to had a graphic design program and I became very interested in pursuing a major in that field however my parents (who were paying for my school) said no.

So I purposly failed an English class to set myself which would have caused me to be set back a year and changed my major.

It has taken this long for my parents to realize that I'm happy where I am <3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:32 pm

ehhh not really... :/

my parents always wanted me to be a doctor but i was never interested in the medical field.

my mom's caught on the fact that i'll be living in the streets and poor as dirt.

oh well. :>

Crimsonly Regretful

a781e21518657

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:10 pm
my mom... if i make something like extremely awesome art stuff, she go wow!! =D. but, my mom doesnt want me to become an artist, because when she was young, she loved art, and, so she became an artist, but... she wasnt making tht good money, and she tried sumtin else, i forget what, but she was happeir there. she just doesnt want the same thing to happen to me. to make that same mistake. she wants me to become a doctor or dentist XD BIG MUNNEH. but yeah, my mom just cares alot =3

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:15 pm
FlipMaester
neither of my parents or grandparents support me hell barely anybody in my family support me ive always had to save up to buy my own art supplies before i got my tablet my mom always nagged at me saying "its a waste of money!!" but i just ignore her my dad on the other hand doest give a s**t at all what i do he neither supports me or disapproves anything i do so basically i dont exist to him XD only ones that have really showed support are my aunt and my siblings ^^ my grandparents (grandfather especially) hates what i do he even once came into my room and ripped up something ive been working on for a week just cause i failed to to throw away the trash and I want to go to an art college but i just dont see that happening at all guess im just stuck having to get a boring job and only get to draw as a hobby

Awe, keep doing art. If you're passionate for it, nobody can tell you what to do ;3. bless ur aunt and sibilings hearts. =w=  

a781e21518657

Frosted Muffin Cakes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:23 am
My mom really supports me and is happy I do art. She even drives me around town, trying to find the best print shops for Artist Alleys and such.
My dad is pretty supportive. He'd glad that I have a hobby that I really like and am at least pretty decent at, but I don't think he wants me to do it for a career.
My aunt, though (the one who got me into drawing in the first place), hates the fact that I draw in a cartooney style. She doesn't think it counts as art, and believes that I should stop, and focus entirely on life drawing and painting.

Not that life drawing is bad, of course. I love drawing from life. But comics are what I really love about it.

Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff