Religions. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sylvia Noble
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:26 pm
I am a pagan, though I dont specifically believe in a god, i do believe in a higher power though, much like an agnostic.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:13 pm
I'm a Christian, as well as a Goth. They actually complement each other very nicely, it just fits.... I'm conservative, and as for Egyptian gods and goddess, did you know the Coptic church uses the ankh as a cross? Very beautiful.  

Angel of the End

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:14 am
Angel of the End
I'm a Christian, as well as a Goth. They actually complement each other very nicely, it just fits.... I'm conservative, and as for Egyptian gods and goddess, did you know the Coptic church uses the ankh as a cross? Very beautiful.

Yeah, the ankh is the symbol of eternal life 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:52 pm
Shadow__Dweller
Angel of the End

I am hoping to get a sterling silver one here soon, or even a lesser metal 3nodding Usually the ones you find are small or low quality, or else too large and kinda gawdy... I am hoping to find one of perfect size and proportions, and put it either on a black ribbon or a silver chain heart  

Angel of the End

Sylvia Noble
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:00 pm
Angel of the End
Shadow__Dweller
Angel of the End

I am hoping to get a sterling silver one here soon, or even a lesser metal 3nodding Usually the ones you find are small or low quality, or else too large and kinda gawdy... I am hoping to find one of perfect size and proportions, and put it either on a black ribbon or a silver chain heart

That actually sounds pretty cool ^w^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:04 pm
Thanks ^^ Also, you know the band The 69 Eyes, and do you also know about Sophie Lancaster? The S.O.P.H.I.E. Foundation has a store where all money earned goes to the foundation, and one thing they have is a black umbrella with ankhs on it. Very pretty, and very nice indeed.  

Angel of the End

Eleftherios

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:49 pm
I'm an Aethiest. Or possibly agnostic. What I mean is, I do not beleive in an afterlife, god, or anything else having to do with religions. Although, I would like to beleive there is an afterlife, something of your preference, something you can control what happens, what you look like, basically play God for your own little world. But lack of evidence for any religion being correct just pushes me to science. I need facts to support any religous beliefes. One thing that really bugs me though, Chritianity. They follow either, a divine book that tells of the Creation Theory, or the greatest peice of fiction ever that has lead literally billions into the delusion that there is an ominous being who created the earth, man, and everything else. And if his rules are not followed, you are sent to Hell to be tourtured by, basically, an angel turned demon(a.k.a. Devil) In my opinion, the Greeks had a more sensible religion. One "god" controlling everything seems like too much for even a "divine and all powerful" creature. One "god" for each task in making sure the Earth functions seems much more plausable. Another thing that annoys me. If this "god" is all powerful, the why not creat a utopia? Yes, yes, the Christians say there has to be a balance for "Good" and "Evil". In my opinion, these things do not exist, they are simply a point of veiw from each person's mind. An example: Murder. Any sane person will say that murder is wrong. To the public at least. Deep down they want the bad people to drop dead. Eventually, less stable people break and start murding. In their mind, they are "good" and so the definition of good is blown out of the water. So there cannot be a balance if there is not two solid items to be put on the scales. And with creating a utopia, why creat man with flaws? Why create disease and plauge? Some will argure these are man's mistakes. My reply? Why give man the ability to create these things? This is all I can think of right now. Thank you for your time and reading my rant. I do not mean any offence to anyone(especialy Christians, I am simply giving my opinion.)You all have every right to believe what you would like. This is just one person's veiw out of the billions that walk this floating ball of disaster and chaos.  
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:01 am
I'm agonistic. I find it pretentious to say there is a god, but I also find it pretentious to say there is no god. There's no proof, really, for either one.

If there is a god, great. If there isn't, I won't know because I'll be dead.  

SoreanMagazine

Shadow__Dweller
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:56 am
SuicideWraith
I'm an Aethiest. Or possibly agnostic. What I mean is, I do not beleive in an afterlife, god, or anything else having to do with religions. Although, I would like to beleive there is an afterlife, something of your preference, something you can control what happens, what you look like, basically play God for your own little world. But lack of evidence for any religion being correct just pushes me to science. I need facts to support any religous beliefes. One thing that really bugs me though, Chritianity. They follow either, a divine book that tells of the Creation Theory, or the greatest peice of fiction ever that has lead literally billions into the delusion that there is an ominous being who created the earth, man, and everything else. And if his rules are not followed, you are sent to Hell to be tourtured by, basically, an angel turned demon(a.k.a. Devil) In my opinion, the Greeks had a more sensible religion. One "god" controlling everything seems like too much for even a "divine and all powerful" creature. One "god" for each task in making sure the Earth functions seems much more plausable. Another thing that annoys me. If this "god" is all powerful, the why not creat a utopia? Yes, yes, the Christians say there has to be a balance for "Good" and "Evil". In my opinion, these things do not exist, they are simply a point of veiw from each person's mind. An example: Murder. Any sane person will say that murder is wrong. To the public at least. Deep down they want the bad people to drop dead. Eventually, less stable people break and start murding. In their mind, they are "good" and so the definition of good is blown out of the water. So there cannot be a balance if there is not two solid items to be put on the scales. And with creating a utopia, why creat man with flaws? Why create disease and plauge? Some will argure these are man's mistakes. My reply? Why give man the ability to create these things? This is all I can think of right now. Thank you for your time and reading my rant. I do not mean any offence to anyone(especialy Christians, I am simply giving my opinion.)You all have every right to believe what you would like. This is just one person's veiw out of the billions that walk this floating ball of disaster and chaos.

I share your view for the most part. I don't believe in God because but I do believe in astrology. There isn't any evidence for astrology but to me there is..just as I'm sure to a person who believes in God there is enough evidence for them to believe.  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 7:17 am
Hey guys, I just have a small question... how can I deal with some alternatives, other goths in specific, who do not respect or even acknowledge me because of my belief system? I am honest, although I never go out to offend anyone. I educate myself about other religions, and love and try to be kind to a person no matter what subculture, beliefs (political or religious), or anything else they have that is different from me. There are several gothic Christians, atleast there are in my area. We listen to the music, love the style, understand the world is full of darkness, and actually we find endless ties between our beloved subculture and our personal faith. A certain person I am trying to talk to right now hates Islam, as well (which I can understand not liking the history as to how Islam was spread, or what Muhammad taught... but the people themselves? Hating the entire group and making drastic claims against all of them? There are several Muslim goths, as well... and people are individuals, if you don't want people to hate you or speak out against you, why are you putting out into the universe exactly what you personally want to avoid? Wicca teaches the law of 3 fold, and most other faiths teach karma or 'reaping what you sow'.)

How can I try to kindly explain that religion really does not have to do with what subculture you are in? We acknowledge the darkness, but we do not take part in evil or enjoy it. He claims you HAVE to love idolitry, evil, lust, murder, in order to be 'goth'. And that all religions hate the gothic subculture, no exceptions... which is really narrow minded, considering my entire life and the lives of thousands of others similar to me proove otherwise. Millions if you count people who are just Christian and don't belong to any alternative subculture.

We recognize humans are fallen creatures with a Shadow, not just the Persona and the Ego. I have never been mistreated by another Christian who was devoted to their faith, and who actual listened to the New Testiment. They might have questions, or misunderstandings... but they are willing to listen, learn, and love me irreguardless. Even if they don't, I can't return their disliking of me with hate or anger for them... they are just trying to live their lives right, I can't hate anyone for trying to do the right thing, even when it hurts me... I think it would be wrong to hate someone for that.

Being involved in the faith, as well as the subculture, for over 5 years and other connections through out my entire life... it's not the deeply religious people that are against alternatives typically, it is only those people who would use anything and everything just as an excuse to hate on others. Irreguardless of what religion, political views, ext. Also, I've actually delt with more crap from athiests from 'mainstream' religion for the way I choose to live, for who I am. However, I do not hold it at all against all athiests... I am not that judgemental, my faith teaches me not to judge others, or I will be judged equally either by karma or by death. I'm here to try to love people no matter what, acknowledging the good as well as the bad, but judging neither.

So again, guys...? How can I please encourage others to try to respect us and stop attacking us if we accidently drop the "G-bomb" without even realizing it? All I did was accidently type that I didn't think God hated anyone for something so shallow as how they decided to look, or on what music they decided to listen to. That's all. It's gotten so bad, I begged the guy to please allow us to go back to the topic, but he is really dead-set on this... I'm leaving that group later today, I don't want to create unnecessary controversy. Debate, I am ok with... but even then, there is a time and place for everything, and the two or more people should atleast respect each other and not make generalized and uneducated comments when attacking the other side.

All I did was say the word "God", and in a positive light. Everyone says that word, as far as he was concered, I could of been agnostic, or pagan, or have been refering to the Great Spirit, or Allah, or nearly anything else.  

Angel of the End

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:22 am
Nevermind.... I believe I have found the conclusion as to what should be done in these situations. Stay calm, try to calmly turn the arguement into a discussion, try to change the subject matter if it gets out of hand. Let them strike the other cheek, then do the best thing and walk away to avoid any more conflict, seeing how nothing will be able to solve it as long as the other person wants specifically fight... It is better for everyone that way, and it can put a stop to the spamming by refusing to respond to the posts. It seems rather rude to ignore someone or back out, but I think that it is called for in certain situations.

Any of you ever have people randomly pick fights with you if you make just a very small statement, a harmless one, that was not ment to offend or upset anyone?  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:37 pm
im a christian.
and i hate it when people say im not goth just because i dont worship the devil. that pisses me off so badly: how dare they judge me that way.
goth is a personality and a way of thinking--it's not a religion. every goth is different.
Gosh, non-gothic people these days eh? Whenever they here goth they think of black wearin demonic Satan worshippers... *sigh*  

Yumu Hanto

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:10 pm
Yumu Hanto
im a christian.
and i hate it when people say im not goth just because i dont worship the devil. that pisses me off so badly: how dare they judge me that way.
goth is a personality and a way of thinking--it's not a religion. every goth is different.
Gosh, non-gothic people these days eh? Whenever they here goth they think of black wearin demonic Satan worshippers... *sigh*

Agreed.... let's hope atleast soon we shall all meet more people who are willing to listen to us explain who and what we are, rather than just jumping to conclusions. ((Memory shifts to an unpleasent experience with an aunt who screamed at me such an accusation at a Chinese restraunt)) Anyways, darling, wonderful to meet you 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 8:50 am
personally i don't have one, cuz in my pov religion is ptless. i grew up w/ a muslim, christian, and jewish background. i believe there is a higher power, but that is pretty much it. plus after taking world relgions this semester i find it even more ptless than before XD.

it's best to believe what u believe in and leave it at that. though i have to admit i feel like george lopez sometimes cuz i can make jokes about religion in class or to my roommates and everyone loves it.  

Shadows of Light

† The Dark Sanctuary †

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces