Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do you do for Mabon? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:05 am
TeaDidikai
Shearaha
Aino Ailill
Shearaha
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

Balance eggs? Would you please elaborate? I've never heard of this before.
You can balance an egg on it's end. Only happens for a couple days twice a year.
Once they fall, they are given as offerings.

Ah, that makes sense then. I was picturing people trying to balance eggs on their heads or something sweatdrop

Lulls, I was imagining trying to balance them on their noses. Like sea lions with a ball at the carnival.

That was about the immage I had too xd
How weird do you people think I am?!

Well I don't know sweatdrop You're the only Rroma I know at all, and I know my husbands family has some odd cultural traditions from Germany and, and...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:47 pm
TeaDidikai
Shearaha
Aino Ailill
Shearaha
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

You can balance an egg on it's end. Only happens for a couple days twice a year.

Ah, that makes sense then. I was picturing people trying to balance eggs on their heads or something sweatdrop

Lulls, I was imagining trying to balance them on their noses. Like sea lions with a ball at the carnival.

Lulls. I had assumed myself to be wrong. xP  

Aino Ailill

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:59 pm
A close friend and I are having a celebration tomorrow night. I'm making food for us. I've already made a pecan pie and tomorrow I'm making a shepherds pie. We're making an offering to Demeter and Persephone.

Over the years, especially the last few months, I've found myself drawn to the Greek and Roman gods specifically Demeter, Persephone, and Psyche. I'm not sure how these three will fit into my path, but I feel a strong pulling from them. I doubt it would be good to ignore it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 pm
i plan on cleansing my house and making an offering of corn, bread, grain and wine to the God and Goddess Dionysus and Demeter.  

Zuli

Ainwyn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:56 pm
TeaDidikai
Shearaha
Aino Ailill
Shearaha
TeaDidikai
Shearaha

I'd heard of it before, but maybe that's because I grew up with crazy scientist parents who were always showing us the wonders of the natural world like that. Of course, we didn't give them as offerings.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm
Plans for the rest of the day:
Walk in the park and gather husks for dye
Prepare a feast
Play games
Do some art
Listen to music
Have fun with friends.  

TeaDidikai

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:50 pm
does it count if I bought some very harvest orange corduroy pants and I am going to go to dance class tonight?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:53 pm
Nothing going on tonight, my partner skipped out on me! Tomorrow though, I'm making a big pot of gulaš, with halušky and lots of vegetables.

I'm going to spend some time in the backyard, sing a song for Jarilo where the effigy is buried.

Some of the food will be given to my ancestors, and burned afterward. smile Me and my partner are going to spend the time afterward enjoying ourselves.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm
Collowrath
Me and my partner are going to spend the time afterward enjoying ourselves.
Do you consume alcohol?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:03 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Do you consume alcohol?

I do. redface  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:16 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Do you consume alcohol?

I do. redface
Just a tip: Mead Soaked Blackberry stuffed Baked Apples.

Apparently I am cooking when the eggs fall, not tonight.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
Do you consume alcohol?

I do. redface
Just a tip: Mead Soaked Blackberry stuffed Baked Apples.

Apparently I am cooking when the eggs fall, not tonight.

I just acquired myself a nice bag of very good apples! Thanks for the tip!

Also, you have reminded me that I owe you a pm soon. wink

EDIT: I got some eggs to balance today. I must have shook the table when I got excited about it, they fell. :/

EDIT2! And they're standing again. biggrin  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:15 pm
Collowrath

EDIT: I got some eggs to balance today. I must have shook the table when I got excited about it, they fell. :/

Neat huh?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:59 pm
Hmm...I might have to try the eggs thing sometime. Sounds cool. Anyway, me and my group got together and we had a class on Mabon and it's history and such and then we had ritual. We each threw praise offerings into the fire to our chosen (assuming we all had one) and later me and some of the more veteran members of the group got together her house and burned the rest of the offerings. It was wonderful. We had an amazing time. Hanging out, drinking, messing with the fire. Jamie poured lots of different herbs on it, it was fun. It was the second best celebration I had been to.  

ShadowCatSoul

Collowrath

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

Neat huh?

It's pretty amazing. They're still standing, actually, on a ceramic plate. =) I'm actually gonna put off celebrating till they fall as well. Today has not been a very good one. :/  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff