Reply 20. ✿ - - - Debating
Declawing: Yay or nay? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

supersailorpeach

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm
To me, declawing is gross. I can only really say that much because I don't have a cat.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:02 am
User ImageYou cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

Well cat's don't like it whatsoever. Because if you cut it with a nail clipper or scissors then the whole nail cracks. My brother dewclaw's my guinea pig. And that's much worst.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!
User Image
>Click Here to make me happy.<

Co0lest_Sweetiie

Azusanga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:09 am
Co0lest_Sweetiie
User ImageYou cry, I cry. You laugh, i laugh, You jump off a cliff i laugh EVEN HARDER...

Well cat's don't like it whatsoever. Because if you cut it with a nail clipper or scissors then the whole nail cracks. My brother dewclaw's my guinea pig. And that's much worst.

...So stick that in your juice box && suck it!
User Image
>Click Here to make me happy.<

The whole nail does NOT crack. I don't know what you've been reading but my cats back nails dont crack when I cut them.

....Did you mean to say that your BROTHER DE-CLAWED A GUINEA PIG?!?!?! burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:48 pm
I don't agree with declawing. Animals have claws for a reason, and that would be protection. I had a friend who declawed his cat.
A dog tried to chase that cat a week later, and at the time, the cat often forgot that it had lost it's claws. That's probably the reason why the cat attempted to climb up a tree to get away from the dog. Of course, without claws, the cat couldn't get up the tree, and the dog killed it.

They Call Me Homewrecker

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm
Nay.
It's horribly painful, more so than neutering.
The effects are more long-term as well.
Cats need claws not just to hunt but as defensive mechanisms as well, not to mention for balance, sex (don't ask), kneading, playing, etc.
It's lazy. Clipping the tips works just fine.
Most vets do not recommend it.
The humane society will not allow it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:31 am
Nay. Cats need claws to scratch. They need to scratch to stretch their muscles that they don't use often. They also need those claws to protect themselves.  

Kunoichi Aiko

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:08 am
Bad and painful  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:22 am
I think declawing a cat is fine. We had to have our cat declawed in all four paws, because she's forced to stay indoors. She has allergies, so we had to bring her in. We didn't want her scratching up our hardwood floors when she plays and our furniture, because she likes to scratch on everything. She's been in the house for a couple years now, and she doesn't act any different. She still goes on with her life normally.  

FenHareI

Beloved Prophet

Cinna Feather

Shirtless Lover

5,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:23 pm
Nay!
It's really painful for cats, they need their claws for lots of things.Also, I don't like the idea of taking something they were born with away.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:15 am
Declawing hurts the animals. If you're worried about scratching, you can get their claws trimmed (though it may backfire, my dog usually comes home with sharper claws than before) or give them something to scratch (scratching post for example. This will help wear down the claws).  

Starchan13

Magnetic Prophet

9,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers