Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Nosebleeds. Are they really caused by sexyness? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi?
  Yay!
  *faints*
  *stares*
  Yes....? So what?
View Results

Grotesque Panties

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:05 pm
Pfft,i've never gotten a nosebleed while watching yaoi.I would love that to happen though....= w =  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:16 pm
blinktjp
*sigh* sadly no...but i would like to know what one feels like eek LOL

Really? That can be arranged...  

Once Upon A Troubadour

Profitable Prophet

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Himeko Makimachi

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:57 am
NNYAnime
I'll try my best to explain; it is meant to represent blood flow to a certain "area" of the body in a more subtle way.
Generally females blush where the males get nosebleeds

I googled for a better description: "In Japanese anime and manga, the nosebleed is a visual shorthand/euphemism for sexual arousal, specifically an erection in males (which makes it all the more odd when used with a female character.)"

I was going to explain this... but you beat me to it. Nosebleeds aren't triggered by perverted thoughts. Period.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:09 pm
It's a recorded medical conditon. Some people have very delicate blood vessels in their nose that can rupture occassionally if their heart rate and blood pressure spike. It's very rare, though.

The Japanese just took it and turned it into a popculture joke for getting hot and bothered  

[Romiette]

ShySlasher

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:48 am
I've walked into a wall while reading yaoi and that gave me a bloody nose, but i don't think that that counts  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:21 pm
I've never had a nosebleed in my life, and I run into things a lot and as a child, every kind of ball hit me in the face or the head. ._. Basket ball, football...frizbee? I also think it would be fun to experience one. xD  

xVampirexChibix

5,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Mysterious Painter

Lonely Smoker

5,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:29 pm
Depends I have gotten some (Well Alot) It depend of how acuret they are if they get all the way down to the "Oh Oh Please." stuff then yeah if not NO  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:31 pm
Nose bleeds, sadly, are not triggered by sexiness.
I don't think I've ever gotten a nosebleed...

Its Dark In The Matinee

Vinhara

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:19 pm
xD No...and if I ever do, I think I would stare blankly at the blood before cracking for the next few DAYS.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:34 am
Man it has been years since I've visited this guild. lol.
Nowadays I frequent the aarinfantasy yaoi forums...

Actually, one time I got got a nosebleed after reading a Harry/Draco fanfic... xD

Now that was a hot fic. lol.  

Duke of Drag

Beloved Conversationalist

Aurumfae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:09 am
lol XD I've never had a nosebleed from yaoi~

>,> It'd be kinda cool to get one XD just to say I DID have a nosebleed like in the mangas and animes XDDDD

But, nope =3= no nose blood... ;3;  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:06 pm
Well when i first started watching yaoi i was thinking about it that maybe i should try writing it....i was in class and i wrote one setence that was dirty and i got a nosebleed blaugh I started laughing so hard....  

The Invisable Spaz

Anxious Lover

11,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Pie Enabler 100

NuclearWessel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:43 pm
I've never ever gotten a nosebleeed while looking at yaoi D:
It would be so funny for it to happen though!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:23 pm
That's actually a very creepy thought. If I got a nosebleed every 100 times I think of super sexy yaoi I would probably faint at least once a week.

Fiyori_Takeshi
I like to say that I've gotten an invisible nosebleed rofl Whenever I see something extremely hot, I blush like mad and just feel like I'm having a nosebleed without actually bleeding

That happens to me all the time with almost any yaoi. Sometimes I put my hand under my nose and look at my fingers to see if I have a nosebleed...  

Ellen Watermellen

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:29 am
Ellen Watermellen
Fiyori_Takeshi

I like to say that I've gotten an invisible nosebleed rofl Whenever I see something extremely hot, I blush like mad and just feel like I'm having a nosebleed without actually bleeding

That happens to me all the time with almost any yaoi. Sometimes I put my hand under my nose and look at my fingers to see if I have a nosebleed...

Lol Same here! It's soo weird how that happens...or more like how it doesn't happen xp

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff