Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
demanding god/desses Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:20 pm
Collowrath
On the other hand, so many people find their way back to ancestral Gods that there might be something to it - just not in the exclusivist way some groups might portray it as.
Deo has talked about this at some length.

One of the tests I can paraphrase for the legitimacy of this position is "Are you going to allow the fair skinned Italian person to worship but prohibit the decedent of a Swedish slave trader and one of his slaves?"

Quote:
because of a purity standard that outsiders just aren't going to live up to.
More to it than that for the Rroma. There are oaths in play too, but they just aren't as obvious an example so I tend not to use them as much.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:34 pm
TeaDidikai
Collowrath
On the other hand, so many people find their way back to ancestral Gods that there might be something to it - just not in the exclusivist way some groups might portray it as.

One of the tests I can paraphrase for the legitimacy of this position is "Are you going to allow the fair skinned Italian person to worship but prohibit the decedent of a Swedish slave trader and one of his slaves?"

That's a good one. biggrin

Quote:
Quote:
because of a purity standard that outsiders just aren't going to live up to.
More to it than that for the Rroma. There are oaths in play too, but they just aren't as obvious an example so I tend not to use them as much.

I figured there would be oaths in play as well, but my impression was that the oaths and the purity standard were intertwined. I don't really know much about Rroma myth and culture or anything though. sweatdrop  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:26 pm
Collowrath
Thank Deo.

Quote:
I figured there would be oaths in play as well, but my impression was that the oaths and the purity standard were intertwined. I don't really know much about Rroma myth and culture or anything though. sweatdrop
They are to a certain extent. The oaths expect specific conduct, and a lot of the purity laws that stem from them are expanded upon.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:09 pm
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

you'd be surprised, and I am often saddened, at how few people pass it who are into "metagenetics".

I even heard read one person argue that because Italy, Spain, and Greece were IN EUROPE they magically became Scandinavian and Germanic after a certain point in history because they're all IN EUROPE. Because the gods drew the boundaries of Europe or *mumble mumble*

Um... yeah.

Racist ********.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:28 pm
Deoridhe
Collowrath
TeaDidikai
Collowrath

you'd be surprised, and I am often saddened, at how few people pass it who are into "metagenetics".

I even heard read one person argue that because Italy, Spain, and Greece were IN EUROPE they magically became Scandinavian and Germanic after a certain point in history because they're all IN EUROPE. Because the gods drew the boundaries of Europe or *mumble mumble*

Um... yeah.

Racist ******** class="clear">
The "The Aesir are Gods for all Europeans (and at the same time, only them and their whitey white descendants)" ******** that incoherent noise. ******** it in it's ear.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:09 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
The "The Aesir are Gods for all Europeans (and at the same time, only them and their whitey white descendants)" ******** that incoherent noise. ******** it in it's ear.

Yeah, my opinion exactly.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:51 pm
Deoridhe
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Yeah, my opinion exactly.
But then... when they die and realize their ancestors were actually Kemetics, how are they going to pass the Negative Confession! rofl  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff