Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Nines' Path (Okay, go.) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:04 am
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
bondage bunnie
Sorry man Catholicism left such a sour taste in my mouth. Christianity is a beautiful thing when people revere the ideas. Don't need a cross to remember to treat others kindly.

i didn't read the first page so i may have missed something, but it was my understanding that the cross isn't to remind you to be kind to others, but serves as a reminder that the lord's only begotten son died for your sins.

There's that but there's also multiple meanings of the cross. One being the active and passive forces of God acting within a person and the interconnectivity of that force.

i've never heard that one before, perhaps it is only seen that way by certain sects of christianity?
It seems to me like a more mystic view of the cross. I see it the crucifix more as a symbol of Jesus, and the burden he carried, but also of my cross, my burden, and my sacrifice as desired by God.

i was just curious as most of my family is christian, even though i am not, and when discussing the lord and the church with them this particular view has never, in 23 years, come up, so it just made me wonder.

i actually find it humorous that my dad, though claiming to be christian, does not believe in mysticism of any sort, he doesn't even discuss the miracles of christ. he's more of a 'believe in god or you're going to hell' type of guy, which played a major role in my not being christian.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:13 am
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
bondage bunnie
Sorry man Catholicism left such a sour taste in my mouth. Christianity is a beautiful thing when people revere the ideas. Don't need a cross to remember to treat others kindly.

i didn't read the first page so i may have missed something, but it was my understanding that the cross isn't to remind you to be kind to others, but serves as a reminder that the lord's only begotten son died for your sins.

There's that but there's also multiple meanings of the cross. One being the active and passive forces of God acting within a person and the interconnectivity of that force.

i've never heard that one before, perhaps it is only seen that way by certain sects of christianity?
It seems to me like a more mystic view of the cross. I see it the crucifix more as a symbol of Jesus, and the burden he carried, but also of my cross, my burden, and my sacrifice as desired by God.

i was just curious as most of my family is christian, even though i am not, and when discussing the lord and the church with them this particular view has never, in 23 years, come up, so it just made me wonder.

i actually find it humorous that my dad, though claiming to be christian, does not believe in mysticism of any sort, he doesn't even discuss the miracles of christ. he's more of a 'believe in god or you're going to hell' type of guy, which played a major role in my not being christian.
That's unfortunate.
I'm somewhat of a mystic, but I also don't take Jesus's miracles literally. I put most of my focus on Jesus's teachings.

Further, in my understanding of Hell, it really is just a place where you are cleansed of your disconnect.  

Gho the Girl

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:59 am
whiporwill-o
Gho the Girl
whiporwill-o
rmcdra
whiporwill-o
bondage bunnie

yeah it'd be a more mystic view on Christian symbolism than is more commonly expressed. To me, being a Christian without mysticism, either folk or Church proscribed, kinda cuts out a big portion of the religion and cripples one's relationship with God, and ultimately cripples deeper reflection into one's self which is how the light is able to expose all that hides in darkness.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:11 pm
Gho the Girl

Further, in my understanding of Hell, it really is just a place where you are cleansed of your disconnect.
Keep in mind that there are three concepts translated as hell. This doesn't reflect all of them.  

TeaDidikai

PathWays

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces