Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Do you think killing L in the anime was a total piss off? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sugar in Lemonade

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:30 am
faerie_goddess92
Sugar in Lemonade
You can't say Near is a copy cat as they're completely different in personality and considering the SAME person made the characters, Near was made for a reason. :l They just based him off of L. Anyway...I already knew L was going to die since people told me before but it was still horrible. Very depressing and yes symbolically in the end he still won but it sucked that he had to die. X_X
Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Thanks. I just get annoyed when people attack the character Near. Yes, he's like L in some ways but in a lot of ways he's different too. His personality is completely different (minus the toy obsession, much like L and his desserts.)
They approached catching Kira differently and Near had different reasons for catching Kira, rather then L. They're just DIFFERENT people. DX He's not a full out carbon copy at all. Hey, if he was a full out carbon copy he might have died as well. Maybe Near's approach just had something to it that L's didn't. Horrible to say but it could be true. (But yes, nothing beats L.) I never see Mello getting attacked for "replacing L." Yet if you look at it in the grander scheme of things he is as well.

I think basically Light was desperate and knew himself that he couldn't surpass L unless he pulled out a few tricks up his sleeve. That dirty cheater... >>

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:54 pm
Yes, it sucked I quite reading death note for almost a month afterwords The second part was ok though I did like Matt and Mello....who also died crying  

Strawberry Poizen

Somber Daze

Wheezing Ladykiller

9,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:58 am
YES!!!! scream
stupid japaneses ppl always kill the best ppl in every anime ever!!!! scream
scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:42 am
yeah it was sad but i compleatly say it coming wen i 1st asw L in the series  

Fire_Demon0967

Gloomy Weeaboo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:26 pm
Well, no...cause that's what happened in the manga and I don't like it when animes stray off too much. It was very sad though D: And they did the scene very very well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:52 pm
I was very pissed off and deppressed when he died, (I still cry everytime I watch/read when he dies beause I'm over-emotional when it comes to anime and manga crying ) but I still think that it was necessairy for him to die so for story to go on.  

ShySlasher

blinktjp

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:48 pm
When L died, I cried for DAYS crying He was my favorite character since day 1, and i really thought he was going to win the battle! It was SOOOOO unexpected when they killed him off...I couldn't believe it. I still cry everytime I see the episode....when he gives light the foot massage, it seems as if he's bowing down, admitting defeat

L will always be missed crying crying crying

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:02 pm
sigh, if only misa was on the right side, none of this would have happened  

Inuhime2

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150

Hakumei Fujitaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:35 pm
of course! but that's how it was written in the manga  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am
While L dying did happen in the manga, I only really got pissed about it in the anime. In my opinion, they took out the one scene I liked from it, and that was L looking at Kira giving him that evil smirk, that let him know at that point that he was right all along. They replaced it with the (arguably) generic "life/childhood flashing before the eyes" kind of scene.  

UltimaMage3

nikkiacat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 pm
Well, while it majorly sucked that L died, if he hadn't, then the anime might not have gone anywhere. Or Kira might have been caught too soon. Which wasn't the creator's original intent. Plus, Mello, Near, and Matt never would have been introduced. And I love them! L mostly though.

Don't kill me! *hides* I've been gone for a while. A long time. Like, a year. sweatdrop But I finally got around to posting again. Yay!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:28 pm
Oh man I was pissed off when L died I cried hardcore but I do agree with Chibibishigirl it was nessarcery for him to die to make the story go on etc,
it gave it a bit of a twist to the story but still miss L :'(  

tammoh

L_Ryuuga_Lawliet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:43 pm
Yes! I mean come on, Near and Mello were so inferior that I think they really should've just kept L as his ONLY opponent.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:13 pm
I actually started crying when I saw that. crying That was sooo a total piss off!  

Yinmasha2

Gemena

4,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm
I think so, and I agree that his death was a gamble on behalf of the authors, and was probably a big heartfelt decision due to how big of a character L really was. surprised Even though he died, he never really left the series (you got to admit, he was EVERYWHERE). He was just that big.
I never thought that Near and Mello did him justice, although I loved them both. heart  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff