Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Dont come to our church! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Why do we fight each other?
  because were different
  because some of us are jerks and hypocrites
  i dont even know
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:02 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

Well I consider this guild a sort of safe-zone;
Safe from what?
Quote:

having someone pop up and pull the "convert" card is really the last thing I expect or want.
We get equally strong opinions between pagan ideology. Why is this different?
Quote:

I was under the impression that something could be unappreciated, but not necessarily offensive. I'm offended by the fact that she says she cares, but won't bother with the time and effort to get to know any of us, as you pointed out.
That's fair.
Quote:
Not appreciating the attempt to convert to me gives more of a "Now why would you go and make yourself a bother?" kind of feel. Kind of like if a Jewish or Muslim person came into my house and threw away all of our bacon and pork chops and then wanted thanked for getting rid of all of the "unclean" food.
(I hope that all made some sort of sense)
The analogy makes sense. I just see it as flawed. There was no destruction of personal property. Yes, what she did was offensive, but as I mentioned to Nuri, we get that kind of s**t between differing pagan ideologies.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:04 pm
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal
loook guys i was trying to be offensives i just did it.
But that's part of why it was offensive.

Quote:

i mean what did i have to lose.
Your grace. See, you're actions weren't loving. Remember that Yeshua taught Love.

When you do the wrong thing, even for the right reason, you become the kind of Righteous person that Yeshua says he never knew. (Matthew 25)
Quote:

its my faith its my religion, i know what i was getting myself into when i posted this thing, and you know what i dont regret
You do not regret being disrespectful? You do not regret telling us you care but showing us you do not?

Could you please address the actions I pointed out and the questions I posed to you?

I would like to see this turn into an honest and insightful discussion.

VampireMetal
and i know alot of you know about Christianity i came in with that notation too
Then why do you feel the need to post a link that assumes we do not?

Why not treat us with respect?

maenad nuri
There's a difference in the power dynamics at play though. This is privilege, stemming from being a majority religion and not taking a group like ours seriously. I would have had no problem with an actual discussion or participation within other topics. That would really be hypocritical of me, since we often have discussions on Abrahamic topics.

The guild is made to help pagans (mostly) who want to come in and learn and discuss. Typically, there isn't the same power dynamic, at least not in the same way.
I don't see any evidence that she doesn't take the Guild seriously. What I do see is that she isn't mature enough to engage in the quality of discussion that people ten years her senior+ are able to create.

Is that not privilege based upon maturity being executed over someone who is younger and more inexperienced by a majority/authority?

If that dynamic is the issue, and not how it is expressed (Christian v. Pagan) then we should make allowances for her inexperience.

if you want to have a discussion then fine lets talk. that the whole reason i join this guild to understand wicca, pagan, and paganism, better  

VampireMetal

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:05 pm
but you guys are right. what i did was disrespectful i should have just start a conversation about it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:07 pm
VampireMetal

well im a huge anime freak. i love the show trigun. i kind of do things on impulse which gets me in trouble sometimes but hey i would rather live my life alive then dead. my favorite color is black and purple. lol i have a wide intersect in music. i dont really watch TV most of the shows kind of suck. i like to read. i ususal to like the twilight series but now its just freakin annoy with all the craze fan girls. Hey did you know that peopling are saying Zack Efron is going to be light in the live action american death note.

Oh Trigun is a good show; I don't think I ever got to see all of it from beginning to end though. And I'm not familiar with the Death Note series so I'm unsure if Efron playing that character is a good thing or not sweatdrop .
I'm the same way; I don't tend to watch a lot of TV. Food Network is usually good stuff though.
I haven't read the Twilight series, although I saw an article on MSN a few days ago that some one was suing Meyer for plagiarism.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:08 pm
VampireMetal

im sorry you feel that way, i will admit i like of Christians are like that alot of us our hypocrite heck even i will admit i can be sometimes.
Perhaps it is best to examine why that is and how to avoid it?

Quote:
but my friend is a pagan, and i dont judge or misinterpret her like that. i would never
This really doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
You might as well be saying "but my friend is a girl." Pagan is a word that incorporates a vast number of religions.

Violet Song jat Shariff

Lets wink .
What are some of your other interests?
Best saved for the Chat and Intro threads, no?

VampireMetal

if you want to have a discussion then fine lets talk.
Okay. I have provided talking points, but I'll recap.

As someone who cares about us, how were your actions in line with that concern and care?

What steps could you take to improve such actions, since clearly they did not communicate that care?

Quote:
that the whole reason i join this guild to understand wicca, pagan, and paganism, better
Perhaps you could start a thread on that?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:09 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
VampireMetal

well im a huge anime freak. i love the show trigun. i kind of do things on impulse which gets me in trouble sometimes but hey i would rather live my life alive then dead. my favorite color is black and purple. lol i have a wide intersect in music. i dont really watch TV most of the shows kind of suck. i like to read. i ususal to like the twilight series but now its just freakin annoy with all the craze fan girls. Hey did you know that peopling are saying Zack Efron is going to be light in the live action american death note.

Oh Trigun is a good show; I don't think I ever got to see all of it from beginning to end though. And I'm not familiar with the Death Note series so I'm unsure if Efron playing that character is a good thing or not sweatdrop .
I'm the same way; I don't tend to watch a lot of TV. Food Network is usually good stuff though.
I haven't read the Twilight series, although I saw an article on MSN a few days ago that some one was suing Meyer for plagiarism.

really? oh lol i love the food network especial when they make cartoon characters out of cake. my brother got me attached to that show  

VampireMetal

IH_Zero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:10 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

It's really not. I'm fairly convinced if he does have it, it was solely for the squee factor amongst young-mid teen girls.

Quote:

Don't bother reading. It's sexist trash, that pushes the idea that an emotionally stunted stalker is a true romantic, and the perfect boyfriend/husband.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:11 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Violet Song jat Shariff

It's really not. I'm fairly convinced if he does have it, it was solely for the squee factor amongst young-mid teen girls.

Quote:

Don't bother reading. It's sexist trash, that pushes the idea that an emotionally stunted stalker is a true romantic, and the perfect boyfriend/husband.

its creepy i mean the dude snuck into her room and watch her sleep, and stalked her around. oh yeah real romantic  

VampireMetal

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:12 pm
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

im sorry you feel that way, i will admit i like of Christians are like that alot of us our hypocrite heck even i will admit i can be sometimes.
Perhaps it is best to examine why that is and how to avoid it?

Quote:
but my friend is a pagan, and i dont judge or misinterpret her like that. i would never
This really doesn't mean a whole lot to me.
You might as well be saying "but my friend is a girl." Pagan is a word that incorporates a vast number of religions.

Violet Song jat Shariff

Lets wink .
What are some of your other interests?
Best saved for the Chat and Intro threads, no?

VampireMetal

if you want to have a discussion then fine lets talk.
Okay. I have provided talking points, but I'll recap.

As someone who cares about us, how were your actions in line with that concern and care?

What steps could you take to improve such actions, since clearly they did not communicate that care?

Quote:
that the whole reason i join this guild to understand wicca, pagan, and paganism, better
Perhaps you could start a thread on that?

thats a good idea. do you mind helping me set it up?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:15 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

Well I consider this guild a sort of safe-zone;
Safe from what?

In the few Pagan threads I tend to regular out in the forums of Gaia, every now and then we get folks who drop in with the "Pegens suck! and thyr stupid!" or even "wurshiping nature is a good thing so i support pegans" and this guild to me has always been a sort of hide-away from things like that.
Quote:
Quote:

having someone pop up and pull the "convert" card is really the last thing I expect or want.
We get equally strong opinions between pagan ideology. Why is this different?

I've never seen the strong opinions as an effort to convert. When I am shown that something I am holding on to is horridly flawed, sure I accept and adapt. Otherwise I take the strong opinions with the mentality of "That is what works and makes sense to them and I can understand why it works and makes sense to them."
Quote:
Quote:

I was under the impression that something could be unappreciated, but not necessarily offensive. I'm offended by the fact that she says she cares, but won't bother with the time and effort to get to know any of us, as you pointed out.
That's fair.

3nodding
Quote:
Quote:
Not appreciating the attempt to convert to me gives more of a "Now why would you go and make yourself a bother?" kind of feel. Kind of like if a Jewish or Muslim person came into my house and threw away all of our bacon and pork chops and then wanted thanked for getting rid of all of the "unclean" food.
(I hope that all made some sort of sense)
The analogy makes sense. I just see it as flawed. There was no destruction of personal property. Yes, what she did was offensive, but as I mentioned to Nuri, we get that kind of s**t between differing pagan ideologies.

True. I think I was focusing more on the "Why would you go through my freezer?/Why would you be a bother?" aspect of it sweatdrop .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:18 pm
When I first saw this thread, i thought it was a joke. But then I saw that she was serious and was like "omg no she didn't!" but oddly it was funnier when I realized she wasn't kidding. (Not meant to be offensive.)
Just the idea of doing that in a pagan guild.. But anyways. You seem nice and... Just wondering but. When you say you "care" do you mean that in the sense that "I care and want to save your souls" kind of way?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:21 pm
VampireMetal

This one will serve to talk about Christian inclinations.

I'm sure you can almost copy and past the other aspects into a thread title and ask "Halp! gonk "  

TeaDidikai

VampireMetal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:22 pm
Succubus Sovereign
When I first saw this thread, i thought it was a joke. But then I saw that she was serious and was like "omg no she didn't!" but oddly it was funnier when I realized she wasn't kidding.
Just the idea of doing that in a pagan guild.. But anyways. You seem nice and... Just wondering but. When you say you "care" do you mean that in the sense that "I care and want to save your souls" kind of way?

okay im going to be done honest. yes in that way, and i know alot of you stand firm i what you believe in and i admire that, and respect that. but i cant make you do something you dont want to, and now that i think of it it was kind of disrespectful , but i didnt have much to lose, and i doubt alot of people would even go on to the website or even care. but i still did it, because i know it sounds like a load of crap i do care about people but im not going to push you in it  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:23 pm
TeaDidikai
VampireMetal

This one will serve to talk about Christian inclinations.

I'm sure you can almost copy and past the other aspects into a thread title and ask "Halp! gonk "

okay.  

VampireMetal

Alice Morbid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:24 pm
VampireMetal
Succubus Sovereign
When I first saw this thread, i thought it was a joke. But then I saw that she was serious and was like "omg no she didn't!" but oddly it was funnier when I realized she wasn't kidding.

okay im going to be done honest. yes in that way, and i know alot of you stand firm i what you believe in and i admire that, and respect that. but i cant make you do something you dont want to, and now that i think of it it was kind of disrespectful , but i didnt have much to lose, and i doubt alot of people would even go on to the website or even care. but i still did it, because i know it sounds like a load of crap i do care about people but im not going to push you in it

Thank you ^-^ For.. trying I guess? Or something anyways.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff