Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Life Issues & Fashion
What other subcultures do you get along with best & worst? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NewAgeAntique

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:33 am
I am glad to say I've escaped the days of Highschool, but if you told me to describe hell I'd point you in the Direction of that institutional holding pin for dangerous teenagers called a public high school.

I didn't get along with any one group in High School. Oh, for sure I got along fine on the surface. I had no enimies. People liked me and I won all sorts of superlatives in the year book upon graduation and teachers still talk about me. But I never fit into any of the groups. I sat outside reading during lunch and I never went to parties. A group of people who didn't fit in sort of formed around me, but I left them too when they started causing problems. Eventually I found a few really great friends but you couldn't classify them as anything. They were just people. I think that's why we got along so well.

In college it's sort of the same, sort of different. The freshmen dorms are like a more laid back version of highschool that you actually have to live in. But it doesn't bother me as much now. It feels less important because there's ways of escaping it. I don't get along with people who put on pretentiosu attitudes, be they Goth or any subculture. I get along with people who are real, who are open midned and can defend their own ideas and identities.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:53 pm
Wow, tdlr on the original post.
I'm just going to go by the topic of this thread.

Basically I don't have a certain group of people I tend to get along with or not get along with more than others. I try to be cordial to everyone. And those who I get along with more don't tend to fall in a certain category. Though I do have a harder time fitting in with those who subscribe to the sporty side of life.

MortSanglant

SC_Anubis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:32 pm
I get along with most really, but I can tell you the ones I try to avoid. Its not because I don't get along with them, I just can't stand being around them! They are totally unworthy of my presence!

Jocks whom I like to call Jock-Straps are too damn cocky and I've never met one that could back up their trash talking in a verbal debate or a physical battle.

Cheerleaders/Prep types bug me with their stupid gossip and high pitched cackles not to mention their need to alienate other groups for no reason other than to make themselves feel better.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:57 pm
This thread just got a whole lot more freshman year than it already was.

Necrodancer Ghost

Feral Vampire

15,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Moira 200

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:43 am
Myself, I get along with
~* Other goths
~* Oldschool skaters
~* Punks
~* Metalheads and...
~* Artists

I don't get along with:
~* Emos
~* Skaters
~* Jocks/Athletes
~* Preps
~* Cheerleaders (the most plastic, irritating b****** on this planet)
~* Gangsters, and
~* Drug users of any kind

I've tried to avoid falling into this, but I just got out of highschool, so it'll take time for me to adjust back to not hating anyone, just prefer some over others)
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:38 pm
People i get along with:
-punks (my political point of view, my taste in music.. and so far i havnt met one who was a p***k yet)
-goths (im a regular at the local goth club.)
-metal heads (I tend to listen to metal myself)
-most scene kids that i have met. (Dont get why people hate them so much. Maybe ive just ben lucky.)
-geeks (people who are into comics, warhammer, larp, pen and paper and stuff like that. I tend to do stuff like that myself now and then)

i have met a few skaters and sharps that i liked, but not enough to say something general

people i (most of the time) dont get along with.
-Jocks (the ones that i have met have ben nothing but bullys)
-(wannabe) gansters (----------------//-------------------------------------)
-techno/hard-style freaks (they are often the same people as the two listed above)  

doom1000

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Foxglow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:50 am
I get along with everyone except Chavs. And they ARE the scum of the Earth, generally.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm
I wouldn't really know, but as far as i can tell.
I get along with the nerds, Anime lovers, members of the metal society and some emos.
I don't get along with most average girls (even the ones my age) and people who think too high of themselves, regardless of the subculture.  

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0

ElectroPanties

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:14 am
I can't really say because someone's subculture does not equal their personality. I can get along with just about anybody, however I try to avoid anyone who's overly obnoxious or idiotic.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:28 pm
Jadehh
I can't really say because someone's subculture does not equal their personality. I can get along with just about anybody, however I try to avoid anyone who's overly obnoxious or idiotic.

This is true, but if I were to interpret this based on personal experience I'd have to say I get along best with

ANY subculture so long as they don't antagonize me for being a geek, being black, or even not being "black enough." So in short;yes obnoxious, antagonizing, and stupid people.  

Lybido Alastar

Aged Lunatic

3,400 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Beautiful Propaganda

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:15 pm
I get along really well with anime fans [my ex GF was actually a pretty big fan], punks/emos [my cousin & some of her friends mainly] and those "nobody" people.. you know the ones that don't really fit in anywhere, never really noticed by people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:41 pm
i get along with pretty much everyone except the retarded jocks. (which really just means football players.) everyone else at my school isn't too bad.  

the_forgotten_thought

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:44 pm
Subcultures i Get Along With

Scene - I tend to get along with the scene kids in my school, they're all really nice.
Punks - most of my relatives (aunts and uncles) were original punks and i always get alone with them because i remind them of their old goth friends and they love to talk music.
Metalheads - i've always loved metal, and everyone at my school who is a metalhead is really fun to hang around with.
Hicks - they just crack me up, fun people to be around.

Subcultures I Want to Disappear stressed

Emos - too many problems, too much whining, and i can never stand how they seek drama when none is needed.
Jocks - some of them are ok but the rest are assholes.
Wiggers - White trash dumb as rocks dike-heads if you ask me. They understand nothing.

...and that concludes my rant xd

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:08 pm
I get along with any person who prizes the individual over group orientation.  

PetreyDish

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 pm
Honestly.... I get along fine with juggalos... but there are a certain group, or sterotype, if you will, in my town that is really not friendly. As I mentioned once before in this guild, one threatened to rape me and my other gothy friend because we are goths, sound messed up enough? Basically, white, over 20 years of age, wear tripps, ICP t-shirts and necklace, and a ball-cap to the side of the head with a buzz cut... that is not me being, well, you know, harsh... but I have had issues with these types. I personally never go to the transit center alone, always have another friend (prefer them to be older and one of us always has a knife on us, no matter where we go... yes, I know. If one of us actually tried to defend ourselves with the knife, even if being beaten up ourselves, the news would flash "Goths brutally attack innocent victim" or something like that... promise guys, only if I'm near death) or else my boyfriend, since I can cling to him and that is actually alot safer. Now, the ones I really worry about are some other people, norm looking, usually... it's always the people who on the outward appearence you least expect who can be the most violent.

But the transit, as long as you are with a friend or someone, is perfectly safe. Even by yourself, it is only certain buses and times and days of the week it can be like that.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff