Garth Nix Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:33 pm
I don't really remember the plot, so I'm going to get Amazon's summary of it. n.n" I have the worst memory ever. Plus, I wasn't all that impressed by it. The Abhorsen trilogy is much better. Anyway, summary:

"In the brutal world of Shade's Children, your 14th birthday is your last. Malevolent Overlords rule the earth, directing hideous, humanoid creatures to harvest the brains and muscles of teens for use in engineering foul beasts to fight senseless wars. Young Gold-Eye escapes this horrific fate, fleeing the dormitories before his Sad Birthday. He is rescued from certain doom by other refugees who live in an abandoned submarine and work for Shade, a strange, computer-generated adult. Shade provides food and shelter in exchange for information that the children gather on dangerous forays into Overlord territory. But what does Shade really want? He is a sworn enemy of the Overlords, but his use of the children to gain knowledge and power seems uncaring and ruthless. Finally, Gold-Eye and his new friends set out to destroy the Overlords--with or without the enigmatic, dangerous Shade."

<.< Cheating, I know, but no big deal. n.n"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:28 am
Yes, his books are wonderful.
I've read all of his books, except the Seventh Tower series, which just didn't appeal to me.
But he is an excellent author.
- Huggles his collection of Garth Nix books-
User Image

!+Pocky Flavoured Ramen+!

le-half-blood-princess

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:50 am
i love his novels, read Across the Wall it's a really good example of his versatility with a collection of prose written by him at various different stages. I live in Ireland, and the 7th tower series isn't out here or in the UK sad i LOVE the abhorsen trilogy, Lirael was my favourite. the ones about the days of the week are good enough, but a bit more childish and a little disappointing. I didn't think much of the Ragwitch either, but I suppose it was only his first novel.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:57 pm
i have only read abhorsen trilogy i have been meaning to read the rets though  

laaalalalalalalalalas

xpumkynxmonkiex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:15 am
ive read Shade's Children and loved.
ive also read the first two books in the Abhorsen trilogy and cannot find the third one sad

oh. well....what's ragwitch about?

and...is there a weekday series? (mister monday, something wed.) <---i just saw the titles  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:48 am
The only books I've read from garth nix is the abhorsen trilogy however I also started in the first book of that serie with all of names of the week in it but I just had so many other books that immediatly grabbed me that I put it aside. I guess I'll read it sometime but it takes some time for me to get into that book.  

Dancing_Esli

sabriel111

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:27 am
I have read the first three books of the Keys to the Kingdom series I'm getting the fourth soon also I've read the Abohorson series it was so freken awesome and at the moment I'm reading the Ragwitch. The Ragwitch is really good I recomend it to anyone who has read his other stuff  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:32 am
Edward_Dawson
ive read Shade's Children and loved.
ive also read the first two books in the Abhorsen trilogy and cannot find the third one sad

oh. well....what's ragwitch about?

and...is there a weekday series? (mister monday, something wed.) <---i just saw the titles

The third one in the Abohorson series is called Abohorson and you can find it at Barnes and Nobles at least thats where I got it. And The Keys to the Kingdom is the series with all the days of the week It's really good and I'm reading the Ragwitch and it's about an evil doll who takes over the main character's sister's body and now her brother Paul has to destroy the Ragwitch save the kingdom and save his sister.  

sabriel111

mmmddd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:00 am
I love Garth Nix books! heart
Does anyone know when the next Keys to the Kingdom book comes out?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:07 am
March 7 2007. So far away. crying Lots of good books are coming out next year, I dont' know how I"ll find time to read them all.  

doodlebuggey88

Ignorance Xx is xX Bliss

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:09 pm
Garth Nix in a word:
Awesome. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:36 pm
I've read the Abhorsen trilogy (although I haven't read the short story in Across the Wall), and I've read Shade's Children.  

Wordstreamer~Nifty Fairy~

Festive Fairy

cute_cyber_chick

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:24 pm
i've read all of garth nix's books! he's amazing!!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:48 am
worthlesshadow
I am surprised that no one has put Garth Nix up yet.... surprised his books....so...freaking...wonderful...

omg yes! he's one of my favorite authors! i've read all of his books and i have loved them all. i can't even imagine how he thinks of the things he puts in his books...  

cute_cyber_chick

Kaypendragon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 pm
I really enjoy his plots but I can't stand his writing style. It bores me to tears to try and read his books. I did find, however, that his books are GREAT in audiobook form. They read aloud very well.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff