Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Draconic Ritual Q&A ^.=.^ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:06 am
Dori-Ryuu
Hello all, well, I'm new here.
And even though I still have an eons worth of things to learn, I still have quite a vast well of knowledge surrounding my path.

i believe i never said i was a grand master

and losing patience, my patience is far from lost lol. I am not even angry. I am sitting here snickering about all of this with my wife because of how humorous it is. And there is a difference between a question and constructive and outright disrespect and insult, which both were accomplished in the very first post.

I'm sitting here and continuing to type because I am taking it upon myself to see where it goes. Because I actually welcome discussion and criticism when it is constructive and not insulting. Otherwise, it pretty much just turns into a humorous event.

Again, I didn't lie. I know what i follow, and have had my positives and negatives. I know my background and more then willing to explain. When it turns to a softer light =)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:09 am
Calixti
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Given how we know JMG isn't that big into intellectual honesty, we can't really accept your relying on him.
He's a renowned culture rapist.
Just googled that name 'cause I remembered seeing a few of his books at the library.

...yeah, the very first sentence of the Wiki page let me know he's one to avoid.

LOL last i checked he was a renowned linguistics and religious philosophy professor that is used by such reconstruction groups as ADF. so.....yea

edit: and instead of using wiki which is KNOWN to be inaccurate try looking at reviews on ADF website and amazon.com  

X C L S I O R

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:11 am
Dori-Ryuu

and losing patience, my patience is far from lost lol. I am not even angry. I am sitting here snickering about all of this with my wife because of how humorous it is. And there is a difference between a question and constructive and outright disrespect and insult, which both were accomplished in the very first post.

Let's take a look, shall we?
Tea
Then why haven't you been reduced to coke upon the floor?

Also, it's spelled magic.

Tea
Oh? I'm curious, why does your tradition bastardize Thelemic spellings?

What are the origins of your tradition?
Why do you think you are working with dragons and not thoughtforms?

Hmmm...now, can you point out what exactly is "disrespectful" or "insulting"? Those seem like pretty neutral, straight-forward questions to me. Or are you upset because there was no immediate Ooohs and Ahhhs over you claiming to work with dragons?

Quote:
I'm sitting here and continuing to type because I am taking it upon myself to see where it goes. Because I actually welcome discussion and criticism when it is constructive and not insulting. Otherwise, it pretty much just turns into a humorous event.

I'm starting to think that you've never actually been insulted before if you think Tea's questions were insulting.

Quote:
Again, I didn't lie. I know what i follow, and have had my positives and negatives. I know my background and more then willing to explain. When it turns to a softer light =)

See, Tea DID ask you in her post as well what the origins of your tradition were, and rather than discuss it, you hopped onto the Persecution Bandwagon (which I must say, is getting pretty ******** full).  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:13 am
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Given how we know JMG isn't that big into intellectual honesty, we can't really accept your relying on him.
Just googled that name 'cause I remembered seeing a few of his books at the library.

...yeah, the very first sentence of the Wiki page let me know he's one to avoid.

LOL last i checked he was a renowned linguistics and religious philosophy professor that is used by such reconstruction groups as ADF. so.....yea
First sentence of the Wiki:
Quote:
John Michael Greer (b. 1962) is an author, historian of ideas, Hermeticist and Druid who resides in Ashland, Oregon.

Now, considering the Druids are all dead and he's presumably not a zombie, and the roles of the Druids were taken over by other roles in society, and the Celts have a closed culture, I feel pretty safe in labeling him a liar, a culture rapist, and someone to avoid in my studies.  

Calixti

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:15 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu

Let's take a look, shall we?
Tea
Then why haven't you been reduced to coke upon the floor?

Also, it's spelled magic.

Tea
Oh? I'm curious, why does your tradition bastardize Thelemic spellings?

What are the origins of your tradition?
Why do you think you are working with dragons and not thoughtforms?

Hmmm...now, can you point out what exactly is "disrespectful" or "insulting"? Those seem like pretty neutral, straight-forward questions to me. Or are you upset because there was no immediate Ooohs and Ahhhs over you claiming to work with dragons?

Quote:

I'm starting to think that you've never actually been insulted before if you think Tea's questions were insulting.

Quote:

See, Tea DID ask you in her post as well what the origins of your tradition were, and rather than discuss it, you hopped onto the Persecution Bandwagon (which I must say, is getting pretty ******** full).

The asking of origin and why i think i am working with dragons and not thought forms are straight forward, but i dont see how those first two comments (not counting the spelling of magick) could be anything other then sarcastic insults  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:17 am
Dori-Ryuu
i dont see how those first two comments (not counting the spelling of magick) could be anything other then sarcastic insults

Tea has no qualms about questioning the validity of your claims. She actually wasn't being insulting. If she was, you would know.  

Lance Kibagari

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:17 am
Dori-Ryuu
The asking of origin and why i think i am working with dragons and not thought forms are straight forward, but i dont see how those first two comments (not counting the spelling of magick) could be anything other then sarcastic insults

So asking you what makes you so special or whatnot that dragons would choose to work with you is a sarcastic insult? neutral
Asking why you are using an incorrect term for your practices is insulting as well?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:26 am
Calixti
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti
CuAnnan
Dori-Ryuu
John Michael Greer

Quote:
John Michael Greer (b. 1962) is an author, historian of ideas, Hermeticist and Druid who resides in Ashland, Oregon.

Now, considering the Druids are all dead and he's presumably not a zombie, and the roles of the Druids were taken over by other roles in society, and the Celts have a closed culture, I feel pretty safe in labeling him a liar, a culture rapist, and someone to avoid in my studies.

From my wife who was in ADF for quite a few number of years:

The term "druid" is used in many celtic RECONSTRUCTIONIST traditions, to depict one as a priest, magician, however you want to put it, he is apart of ADF and in ADF they use it more in a indo european sense to describe any who fit those roles in any of the indo european reconstructionast paths.

He like many recons, rip apart and describe ancient cultures because he is trying to get to how things were practiced in ancient times vs bow people have romanticized how the religion was  

X C L S I O R

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:28 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu

So asking you what makes you so special or whatnot that dragons would choose to work with you is a sarcastic insult? neutral
Asking why you are using an incorrect term for your practices is insulting as well?

Well its not what you say its how you say it, i can call someone beautiful by saying she is a sexy piece of a**, but guess what? it wont be taken that way.

edit: and how am i using the term incorrectly (ie the spelling which was the issue) when you yourself said it is spelled MAGICK. and that was what got her so riled up after i responded. Odd.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:32 am
Dori-Ryuu
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu

Well its not what you say its how you say it, i can call someone beautiful by saying she is a sexy piece of a**, but guess what? it wont be taken that way.

So you were offended by her IMPLIED tone rather than what she was actually saying then?
Quote:
edit: and how am i using the term incorrectly (ie the spelling which was the issue) when you yourself said it is spelled MAGICK. and that was what got her so riled up after i responded. Odd.

Crowley's word is spelled "Magick." You are using the term incorrectly in that your practices are not Thelema.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:33 am
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti
CuAnnan

Quote:

The term "druid" is used in many celtic RECONSTRUCTIONIST traditions, to depict one as a priest, magician, however you want to put it, he is apart of ADF and in ADF they use it more in a indo european sense to describe any who fit those roles in any of the indo european reconstructionast paths.

He like many recons, rip apart and describe ancient cultures because he is trying to get to how things were practiced in ancient times vs bow people have romanticized how the religion was
They can't reconstruct it.

The druids did not keep written records, and their culture was closed to outsiders. The ADF has no knowledge of what they're claiming to reconstruct. They are liars and culture rapists, and by defending them, you are supporting liars and culture rapists, as is your wife.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:37 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu
Violet Song jat Shariff
Dori-Ryuu

So you were offended by her IMPLIED tone rather than what she was actually saying then?
Quote:

Crowley's word is spelled "Magick." You are using the term incorrectly in that your practices are not Thelema.

You cant have a vocal tone on a computer. its the choice of words. And like i said, i wasn't offended i was responding in a way that was equal to her response. As i sit here now, i am not even slightly angered lol. hence the multiple "lol" and smiley faces lol.

and no again if you read what i posted it says, crowley developed it for describing the difference in practicing and parlor magick. in AND OUT of thelema. and that was from crowleys own mouth. not greer's.

and again, i stated, i use it to describe it as a practice to those who dont know me because that it a commonly used word for a pagan practice. And that is what most people (that i have come across) go by when talking to one another as strangers.  

X C L S I O R

X C L S I O R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:42 am
Calixti
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti
Dori-Ryuu
Calixti

Quote:

They can't reconstruct it.

The druids did not keep written records, and their culture was closed to outsiders. The ADF has no knowledge of what they're claiming to reconstruct. They are liars and culture rapists, and by defending them, you are supporting liars and culture rapists, as is your wife.

ok two more books on celts and indo european cultural religious practices used by ADF for celtic recon

A brief history of the druids
peter berresford ellis

comparative mythology
jaan puhvel

try again =)

edit: the wife also wanted me to point out those are college books by college professors not religious fluffyness. and if that isnt good enough then she doesnt know what will be  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:44 am
Dori-Ryuu

You cant have a vocal tone on a computer. its the choice of words.

So what words did you have issue with?
Has it ever occurred to you that those were phrased in neutrality? Were you hoping/expecting kindness and awe?
Quote:
And like i said, i wasn't offended i was responding in a way that was equal to her response. As i sit here now, i am not even slightly angered lol. hence the multiple "lol" and smiley faces lol.

Sometimes I respond with LOLs and smileys too when I think someone is being a whiny douchebag LOL biggrin biggrin biggrin

Quote:
and no again if you read what i posted it says, crowley developed it for describing the difference in practicing and parlor magick. in AND OUT of thelema. and that was from crowleys own mouth. not greer's.

It'd be great then if you could quote it directly from Crowley.
And actually, the quote says "to distinguish the science of the magi from its counterfeits" It'd be nice if you could quote your own quote correctly.

If Thelema is the science of the magi and "magick" the appropriate term for that science, then I still don't see how you're weaseling non-Thelema useage out of it.

Quote:
and again, i stated, i use it to describe it as a practice to those who dont know me because that it a commonly used word for a pagan practice. And that is what most people (that i have come across) go by when talking to one another as strangers.

And as you can see, using it can backfire on you when you come across people who actually KNOW at least a tiny bit about Thelema.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Lance Kibagari

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:51 am
The druids do not exist now as they once did.

Supporting this:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=596601

CuAnnan
The Druids

The word druid comes from the word Draoi (dree), meaning Oak. Draoi can mean Oak, Druid or Magic (which is generally, but not always, Draoicht (dree ucht). The druids were the Lawyers, Judges and Beaureaucrats of the Celts. Yes, they used magic, but we know nothing about their rituals.

Their primary function, though, was a lawkeeper function. They kept gaurd over, interpreted, tried and judged people according to the Brehon law. The Brehon is the oldest, most complete and extensive medieval law system in Europe.

The Druids were very, and utterly, wiped out by the Christians of Rome because they were engaged in Heresy. They had been heavily influenced by the Coptic and Gnostic sects. The druids were represented by, and wore tatooed around their arms, the snake. Hence Patricus Succatus (St Patrick) banishing the snakes from Ireland.

Modern "druids".

I don't and will never respect anyone's claim to druidship. ADF (ar N-draoicht fein) do not represent any form of classical druid. Isaac Bonewit essentially made up a religion and tacked the word druid on to it. He admits as much himself. I respect what he's done but I won't ever respect his use of the word druid to describe what they believe or do.

I dunno, seems pretty clearcut to me that the druids were wiped from the face of the earth.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff