Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion
[-][L-A][P1x1] Once Upon A Triforce (filled) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:18 pm
User Image There was a difference between the Sheikah and regular people, and this was what was right in front of him. The Sheikah were never raised as a family and sons never met their fathers, and their mothers only named them before handing them off. To them procreation was a survival and a means to which more of their kind could survive and serve. If anything the term bred could be used for the Sheikah. Never knowing their fathers, it could be very possible for them to fight against them or even be taught by them and never even know about it. There wasn't an affection or an attachment that would make them feel the pain of losing someone close because no one was ever that close.They were instead a community and tight knitted with aiding to the greater good.They would reach out hands to help their kind and save them, but there was no heart felt fondness, just the connection that they were of the same blood.

Here he understood why the Hylian's were strong and why the Sheikah were so active in protecting them. The Hylians were passionate, they were kind and had that connection that made a family, that made a person a person with character. They were free and bright like the sun, they were induviduals while Sheikah were all the same. They were taught the same, they lived the same, and the only difference in them was how they died.

At young ages like these boys, Jan himself had already been made to swear his life to the Hero, and sent to travel and learn. At their age he knew how to kill a man, how to move through shadows, and fend for himself. He was made to be self sufficient and independant. By the time he was fifteen he was already out of his tribe and into Hyrule int he service of her magesty. He was viewing the atrocities that children like these two, should never have to see, and bearing the sights with apethy. Like he didn't care about what was happening. He didn't, because he knew there would be something better. Not for him, but for families like these, who had everything. People like these was why he was going to be sealed into the twilight, and was why he pushed for tomorrow. That, and the duty that came strong in hsi people. She commanded it, and he would do it. No questions and no remorse, no regrets. Somehwere deep inside him, that didn't register in his brain felt odd, like he shouldn't be here. That was his humanity speaking and it was strictly ignored.

Haleth came forth and removed the boy from before him, explaining to them what was going to happen. He had sugar coated it, another difference. Sheikah's were made strong young and these boys were just begining to develope that. Haleth was just begining to develope that. But their hearts were strong and would grow strongers and perhaps that was what was meant. His gaze watched Haleth, with his brothers when he explained about them. If the Sheikah were brought a child outside their own, they wouldn't have named it if it didn't have a name, and it would be trained like them but held distant from their truer strengths.

They suffered, so the Hylian's didn't have to. They were strong in mind and body so the Hylian's wouldn't have to be. They loved the Hylian's that much that they would sacrifice themselves in such a way for them, and at the command of their princess. Suddenly he was brought out of his musings when thte twins and Haleth were both intent on stairing at him and that made him uncomfortable. The Sheikah were looked at yes but never asked to stay at any one place. Some would call them heartless, and cold. Perhaps they were on the outside and deeper inside but beyond the armor and training and ingrained tradition was the heart of passion, and brimming with so many chaotic emotions that had become so built up over years that should they come out... surely the being wouldn't bear it all. They were more human than any, and had warmer hearts than any as well. They protected and they did that, out of the love for Hyrule, its princess, and the Hylian's. They just showed it differently than that.

They mentioned goat. Really The Sheikah couldn't care much about the taste of the meat. He ate what he was given, unless rotten or spoiled, and would eat it. The taste was irrelevant to the protein that he got from it. Haleth had ordered him before to stay and he was hoping that maybe the man had forgotten but he hadn't. "If that is what you wish then I will stay." He told Haleth in a voice that was softer than his buisness tone, more subservient in a way. The guide was in a way the Hero's servant. If Haleth said Jump, the Sheikah would, and it would be just the right height everytime. With a few exceptions, Jan would do anything that was asked by the Hero for him to do.

THe Sheikah turned as Fask dove into his Cowl, he had to keep from twistching as the being found a way to weave into the back of it and into the ponytail of hidden blue hair. It was soft and strong, and the Fairy who was tired after eating the fruit that it loved. Happily resigned to that hair as a cover. Fask felt safe with the Hero and the Sheikah, and it missed its ome, which the Sheikah smelled of. The Sheikah had always lived inthe Forest as a main training and living ground. Most of their children were born there, and trained there. It was also a burial place for their kind.

He didn't say much as the woman that was Haleth's mother directed him to a seat. He chose the one farthest from the door and not with his back facing a window. When the meal was served he had water, which he gratefully took but took no drink from. He was given a plate of food. Too much for him to eat, and the smell that came from it was... pleasant, it was warm, and he felt he shouldn't have been granted this... he was afterall taking their son. As a Sheikah he was spared the ability of greif when someone left. To their kind death was like freedom from their worldly duties, which was why Sheik, when sealed into the mask was pitied by their kind. Sheik would never rest like they could. His duty would last till the ends of forever. His death, when he would be sealed in the twilight... Would be like another enslavement as well. Bot Jan and Sheik, were going to suffer eternity.

The thought din't bother him though, it didn't pain him. He accepted it the moment he knew of it. There was no use in going against what was bound to happen to him.He would fulfill his duty to the Princess, and to the Hero. Then there would be nothing holding him back from the twilight. Nobody in this world would need him after that, and surely he had no further use after this journey ended... so life in the Twilight wasn't frowned upon. It was just a fact that he was inured to. Something he would have to face head on. He waited until everyone ate before he shifted his cowl. Lillia stared at him as he did so. Usually the sHeikah were forbidden to remove their cowl or show themselves, but when eating it was permitted. He had a youthful face with high cheek bones that gave him a soft and calming apeal. His skin was flawless, and his nose was scultpted into that of an elven nature. His lips were plush and soft, they were a light pink and upon his right cheek, right before his ear began, there was a thin discolored line. A Darker mar than his skin. It ran from the begining of his blue hair which was wrapped, and traveled don under his jaw. It was like a blade or whip had slashed savagly through his skin and left an eternal kiss as to where it had been.

Lillia had seen it but was staring in fascination at the pretty man beside her. She could see teh faint glowing of the Faiy at his neck were the wrappings for his back began, and disappeared into the blu eand the breast plate. She watched him take a bite of the goat meat. It was small and tenative. All his movements held a softer, darker grace. Yet they were edged and cautious. He reminded her of the gentle nights in Ordonm, when the sky would be lit up by the moon and fireflies danced. He made darkness seem... pretty. She wasn't afraid of him.

"Your pretty, you should always be like that." She said with a smile. The Sheikah took notice of her staring and her comment but locked it away though he did shift slightly in reaction. He could tell she meant it as all children her age do, but he was not to proud of the fact he was like he was. At least in apperance. It was disconcerting in a way to hear someone talk about him like that... even a small child.

"Careful Lillia, he may seem young and may be so, but he has seen much more than any of us." Her father said, his eyes also locking onto something of the Sheikah's, the long scar, near his ear. As if someone or something had attempted to cut it off.

"How old are you?" He asked the SHeikah, in his gruff voice. All eyes were upon the Sheikah.

" As far as my birth goes, I should be nineteen. Twenty should I last till fall. As a warrior I have been one for fifteen years." That meant he started to train seriously at six. A stunned look came over Haleth's mother as she looked upon the youth at her table. By his mannerisms he must have been mentally far older then his body was. To hear of a child being taught to fight at six, she nearly went and hugged the man. He showed no sign of remose for his past.

"You poor dear, to think your childhood is gone like that." SHe was focused on him. But he didn't register it.

"That is the way of our people." He spoke softly, so he hadn't ever played tag or just had a doll to sleep with. He was always doing something for the service of Hyrule. At birth through the age of five, they were taught the language, the ability to see and hear spirits and truths... At six through eight. They began training sometimes at five if you were advanced. They learned about traps, and knives and many other weapons and this would continue throughout the years. The studied history and other cultures and languages int he evenings and were tested harshly on such things. From eight to ten. they should have been proficient with simple rapiers, knives, and needles. Theyshould have the trap senses enabled so they were never caught in one, and should be able to recite the history of two races from memory. They should also know three languages including their own. From ten to twelve those with the Eye, were given magical training. Seals and what not and more weapons profficiency. From twelve to fourteen they were trialed and placed into groups of two for treamwork, by this time they should know six of the languages in Hyrule, and know much about the races. It was here they would specialize to one race. They would study that one and learn of all its aspects, and they would be assigned to protect it.

For those with the Eye they were tested as guides... Jan was the only one who passed the training. Their culture was a dark one with little leeway to feel or experience a happy carefree life.

When dinner ended, and his cowl had been replaced only half of what had been on his plate had been devoured but Haleth's mother packed the rest for him to take with him. She was a sweet lady and the SHeikah thanked her with a bow.

He left soon after... Lillia watching him leave with a sad look. She had liked him. He was kind and calm, she could feel it. But she went to her mother instead.

As for Haleth well Jan had left with a nod to him, and instructions for him to prepare. He wouldn't leave till tomorrow evening, buthe wouldn't be staying at his home either. They had sword training to do. They would get swords tomorrow, and begin that at Jan's choice of practice area. For someone who only used wood, an actual sword would be heavy and he would have to get used to weilding it before the oak. The evil there was weak, but the boss was the problem. It had stolen the light and they needed to retrieve it. That was all there was to it.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:16 am
User Image With a last look to his family, the Hero went out into the night, where the Sheikah was waiting for him looking at the starless and cloudy late spring night. Haleth looked at the clouds briefly too and smelled the air. Fortunately it would not rain tonight.

The temperature was good and the breeze refreshing but not cold. Haleth walked alongside the cowled man, sharing a silence that was not tense at all, each one was lost in his own thoughts as they walked. Haleth could also feel the calm feeling that the Sheikah transmitted to his surroundings. The fairy was still sleeping on the Sheikah's hair. He looked at the man and spoke out loud what he was only intended to be a thought.

"Crimson is younger yet older than me all at once...." He knew that the Sheikah would be a tough trainer, but he also knew it had to be like this because time was short for them.... even shorter for the blue haired man... and Haleth felt a pain inside knowing the Sheikah's fate was sealed with a curse that gave them only 3 months time to fulfill the task. He felt pain not for the task, but to see this strange man disappear in such a way.

They walked silently, if the Sheikah had heard him or not, he could not tell 'cause he said nothing.
Crimson... that was the name he unconciously had choosen for the man when the Hero had to introduce the Sheikah to his family. Haleth looked sideways to the mysterious figure, a brief galnce. He felt though, that the name suited the man. The name matched the one of the eye shown on the Sheikah's breastplate, and also matched with those eyes of his... crimson like bright burning embers, a passionate colour, but also crimson like the calm pumping blood... the same blood he had shed in order to try and rescue the cowled man when he had been caugt and brought into the woods... crimson like ripe forest fruits, those Fask the fairy seemed to like so much... crimson like the sweets and candies children loved.
Haleth smield to himself... Crimson he thought, the name could also match himself, for his bright red hair.
That man.... that man seemed to match with him in all opposites: greenish blue vs red eyes, red vs blue hair, tanned vs pale skin, he had always walked in the sun and llight like all of the Hylians while the Sheikah tribe walked in the night and shadows, he had a family... and the Sheikah seemed to have not. Haleth made himself forget about that, this man wouldn't like to know he was pitied for that fact.

He had lots to learn and only a night and half a day more to do so, and he knew thinking over things in the past or ones he could do nothing to change was not going to help in any way.
He spoke, breaking the light silence.

"I'm glad you finally stayed to eat dinner with us. Now my parents won't think I've become totally crazy, speaking of fairies sheikah and heroes... and I also know that having met you sure makes them worry a lot for me and all that, however, I feel that having met you they are far more relieved than they would have been if I had left to do this task with no one by my side... because they know they can trust you because your kin is the trustworthy one, the one loyal to the Princess, the one devoted to protect the free tribes of Hyrule. I know they will be praying for our safety, and them knowing you're the one coming with me to assist me when I'm in need in my journey.. you, one of the Sheikah, the only tribe not appearing in myths nor legends, only known to exist but never seen... Knowing that your kin is still alive, hidden and fighting has returned a little hope to their hearts...."
Haleth fell silent and blushed lightly... somehow, he felt he was speaking too much, and maybe he was touching painful subjects in his carefree way of speaking. He walked looking at his own feet and maybe into a couple meters ahead of them in the ground. He then whispered.

"Sorry if anything I said was harsh or was not meant to be said... it was not my intention to trouble you... it's just that..." he sighed "don't worry, don't meant it" and he said nothing more as they walked, he tried only to focus on their surroundings.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:01 am
User Image The night, there was nothing like it. A time of aestethic surroundings that told of the pain in Hyrule, but not here... well at least it used to not hold that melancholy stillness. Without Ordonna's light this place was a little empty, and it would be so until He himself was strong enough to confront the beast that stole that light. The same one that cursed him.

He was aware of the footsteps following him outside where he had been waiting patiently. It was more comfortable with just the Hero and not having a family of eyes set upon your being. He hadn't been fond of the enclosed space and the stares. He did not like the questions either. They were unimportant things too. They began walking and it seemed almost automatic that they were heading for the moutain's pass. Fask did not stir from her place at the base of the Sheikah's neck. She was safe there and the man was warm and his hair soft. He was affable despite his silent disposition. He however seemed to break out of his own musings on the preparations or the state of things that needed fixing. Haleth was speaking.

His eyes turned to the Hero, but by the way his eyes seemed to get a glow in them he could have been housing a small smile on that comment. The Hero was odler than him and hardly as mature. Though he had to admit that the way he could leave behind his home to help a land filled with so many, and do it so easily was... admirable. He was the type of person to never turn a blind eye. Which could be troublesome if someone asked him a favor. Inside himself, his deeper self he felt an affection for Haleth for his personality. His Sheikah person, the one he was trained to be, adored the Hero he would become, adored the Hylian he was. For two years he had watched over Haleth, making sure he was safe and that he was well... For that period of time he had grown to like the man who had no idea of his existance. He also loved Haleth for what he was... the Hero of time, who he, Jan, had pledged his entire being to on his fourteenth birthday, before set upon the lands.

"Your parents... would nevcer doubt a plead from the princess." The Sheikah responded, it had really nothing to do with the fact that he was there but the letter that explained all, save for the Sheikah. Save for being the Hero of Time. As far as his parents were concerned, he was simply supposed to go with Jan to be negotiators for the Goron and Zora Battles. To try and bring the two to peace. He didn't mention the reason he had stayed for dinner. Haleth didn't need to know that any order the Hero could give him, he would do without complaint.

"Your wrong Hero... Our kind, are tools. We are not well liked by the Hylian people, nor are we well liked as a tribe. Only induviduals have ever been welcomed and those were the ones that became sages. To the land we are monsters ourselves when true evil does not lurk. When it does we suddenly become Icons. We become leaders, and such when Hylians cannot. When this is over, my kind will return to just that. We are messengers and tools for the Royal Family to use as they please. In this case, I was entrusted to you. In a sense then you own me, so do not treat me so civilly Hero. You are higher upon the ranks than I am." It asn't painful because it was a truth, a horrible horrible truth but a clear fact. The Hero was in a more respected position, and as an underling he was unfit to be talked so highly of. He would guide the Hero but he was not so important as Haleth himself, and for than the Sheikah was a tool in a sense.

He missed Haleth's blushing and when the sHeikah stopped and turned to Haleth there was a hollowness in his voice that seemed... strange.

"You could never trouble me. Others, but never you Hero. You are my life. If anything I will trouble you," Perhaps that sounded intimate and for an instant the red eyes seemed passionate. A Wave of strong emotion flashing on the Sheikah before fading. He closed those eyes that told everything. Yes it seemed like some love confession to the Hylians or Ordon's but the Sheikah did love Haleth, in a dutiful way and in a way that was desperate. He needed Haleth and the man's death would crush him. It wasn't a sudden realization he had known. His whole life was to guide the Hero, to protect him, to make sure that the light in the man never faded. Should Haleth die then it was only fair that the sheikah died with him.

"Hero... Say what you wish... I'll listen to whatever you tell me." He led the Hero to the secret moutain pass, something that was right before Haleth but never noticed and there was Tharam. tHe black Stallion happily munching on some brush. He saw them and reared before greeting his Sheikah master. There was no saddle, but a blanket and some bags that were small in weight. Their things. He sushed the Stallion and brought the beast to get to know Haleth's scent, the scent that it got when it huffed into Haleth's hair. The stallion liked the man, he smelled kind and strong. Like wild greens. The Sheikah brushed a gentle hand down the beast's neck. A companion for only him. Not anyone else, this horse was all the SHeikah had really.

"I will show you where we are going to train." He gracefully mounted the horses back, his hand out to accept the Hero in front of him so the man could have the mane of the horse to hold to. He wasn't sure if Haleth had ever ridden a horse. He had never seen him do so in the past two years.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:46 pm
User Image Haleth opened his eyes widely at the sight of the mountains path. He had been up and down those hills tons of times searching for devious wandering goats and never saw that path there.
And standing there with no one near was a black horse, really beautiful. It walked to the Sheikah and greeted him, so Haleth realised then that this was the man's horse. Somewhat, it fitted him. It seemed as mysterious and calm as Crimson.
The Sheikah seemed happy to reunite with the noble animal and went to pat its neck and caress it and then guided the beautiful animal near him. The horse lowered its big head and sniffled his red hair. Those big eyes were gentle and Haleth raised slowly a hand to touch the muzzle of the animal. It was warm and the short fur was really soft, like the skin of a peach or velvet... he once had touched velvet when he was still a kid, but he will never forget of that soft cloth.... the Horse's black fur was really smooth and that gave the animal an even more noble appearence. He caressed the neck of the animal too and could feel the strong muscles moving under his hand, its mane of black hair was silky.

"It's indeed a really beautiful animal... I had never seen one so beautiful".

He then saw the animal wor not any saddle only a blanket and the bags in its back. The Sheikah seemed to travel with really few things with him.

"I will show you where we are going to train." The man mounted the horse in an elegant and graceful move and then held out a hand to help him mount.
Haleth felt nervous. He had never mounted an animal this big. He had ridden in a poney when the fair was at the village and he was a kid, and also once tried to ride one of the big rams when he was 9 or 10... a thing that ended with him with a couple of broken ribs and a lot of bruises as well... that had been more or less like a rodeo...... So from then he had never mounted any animal, always went everywhere on foot, not caring how long it would take him. But well.... one thing was to go to the fields, or walking all day doing errands around the village, or going to the nearby town to to some task or errand... and the other was to travel really lond distances by foot.
He prayed for his hand not to shake when he and the Sheikah held each other's forearm for Haleth to mount the horse. He first thought that the sheikah would help him sit behind himself, but he found himself in front of the man.

"w-well... at least I'll have the horse's neck to hold onto if I lose my balance..." Haleth laughed nervously, he had not meant that to be spoken, but the thought had crossed his mind so quickly that he had no time to hold it back. It also felt strange to grown up males riding the same horse.... he had only seen couples doing that, or fathers and mothers with their sons and daughters....

He could feel the Sheikah's body so close, could feel his warmth and smell that scent like that of a forest in autumn that Fask seemed to like so much. Well... he also liked that scent, it was really alluring and also relaxing... it was calming. And yet, he felt that little bit of nervousness in his stomach, a thing he made responsible of the fact he was riding a horse for the first time.

But he did not know his cheeks were slightly blushed.

From up here the world seemed different, he could see further, and he could feel the horse's will of dashing across the fields, feeling the wind in the face. With a deep breathing trying to calm his nerves, the Hero took hold of the horse's black mane.

"Will it be OK if I heold its mane hair like this? Won't it hurt?"
The Hero turned a little bit to look at the Sheikah behind him. And he blushed a bit more realising how close they were. they were only inches appart and the man's strange aura was so alluring yet so calm and distant. He oppened his mouth once and closed it again, blinked and shook his head lightly to clear and try to order his thoughts, as if a bit of shaking could put the apparently work-a-holic neurones into their right place.

"Well, you see... I'm not ready, but let's get going.. we've no time to waste...." you have not a single speck of time to waste he ended the sentence in his head with a sad mental voice tone.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:15 am
User Image Thara was getting impatient with the weight imbalance, and his soft tremors made that painfully obvious. Yes there was nothing like a good gallop but in these times only the darker brands that mounted Moblins or Ganon's hoard ever rode the beasts that way. The Moblins were not an outside race, they descended from the deep deserts, and through Termina. They were a race that sided with whatever side was strongest. In this case it sided with Ganon. The man held the triforce of power, and yet he had no way to correctly control it. Wasn't that why his chaos... was the abnormal chaos, and his Twilight a false one? Whatever the case there wasn't much time the Sheikah had to train the Hero, which Train it would be, all the way through. He pulled HAleth up, the weight was straining being that his body was so slim compared to Haleth who was... not. He wasn't fat btu he was built, a much different build then the Sheikah's compacted one.

Thara scuffed slightly, the weight was somethingt he Horse was noused to, but his master's knees held the beast firm and directed it. The Sheikah immediantly pressed the Hero forward, their bodies touching together. The Hero was warm and the smell of Ordon was just all over him, the sheikah would never admit that he felt a sort of adoration for the Ordon smell, but he did. He was uncomfortable with the proximity, but it was necessary, so very necessary at the moment.

"Pay attention... Many steeds in Hyrule are wilder then others. Thara, is a desert breed so he is wild. These horses are harder to train, but when done right, with the right persuasion and master they are loyal and smart. Thara can read our bodies in a way that we can't understand. If I direct Thara with my left knee, he turns right. Likewise in the opposite direction he will turn left. This enables me to shoot with a bow while steering. Steeds such as Thara understand this, and immediantly pick up on it. Eventually We will secure you your own but for now you will practice riding Thara..." The Sheikah explained, with how close they were his voice whispered into Haleth's pointed ear. The cowl brushing against the man's neck when the warrior spoke. It was like this that when Haleth turned they were inches apart.

The distance was not something he was used to, but he would deal with. It wasn't disliked any and he could handle it with calm and cool actions. Haleth was red, and nervous and it was obvious. Haleth didn't know the joy of riding. He nodded as Haleth held the mane. And Shook no tot he hurting, the Stallion actually liked that pressure in his mane... It was comforting. Instead the Sheikah let out a small whistle and thara began to move. He took immediantly up the mountain path and because of the Incline, Haleth was pressed against his slimmer guide. The Sheikah was not paying attention to this. His body feeling a peace that stilled in him. This was right. The night was nice and crisp, it hit them nicely as they ascended in a slight trot. Thara was skilled at manuevering the rougher terrain and they ascended high above the village. The passed through the trees later, and oncce they cleared the path. He braced himself forward, crushing Haleth onto the mount as Thara shot off. The whistle of wind was exhilerating and if there was one thing he allowed himself to appreciate it was this... The feeling of wind through his cowl and pelting him. Fask had awoken by this and shrunk deeper in the cowl, huddling and hearing the man's heartbeat. It was strong and excited and she felt his emotions.

The Joy, for just a breif moment in time. He could have smiled... should he have been alone he would have. For that instant the SHeikah and thara, the wills of freedom were flowing steady. The beast happy to be blazing through the trees, dodging and leaping over some small rivers. The steady bumbing of their movements were in sync and for the instances that Haleth alsomost sliiped the Sheikah pulled him close, and finally to keep the man from sliding upon the blanket, the Guide wrapped a protective arm around the older man's waste. It must have been forty minutes later that they made it to the elevated pond. It was silver from the moon and calm without a ripple. A tree hovered high above it and on the pond was a bright sparkle of a stray red Fairy. They resided near the SHeikah's dwellings these days of darkness. Or they remained in the ordeals.

The Sheikah slid off Thara, stretching for good measure and feeling oddly satisfied from the ride with Thara and the Hero.

Next to the pon was a shall house, it was modest and it seemed unhomely, like it wasn't really a place of living but more a stop in place for a quick rest. Yet it seemed somehow very important, and it was obvious that this was the place that the SHeikah could even relatively call home.

"We should rest, inside there is a bed. Take use of it. I will see you in the morning Hero... before sunrise, and we will begin the lessons." He didn't explain anything, or hint at where he would be. The thought of a bed never crossed his mind. He was used to sleeping just about anywhere. Of cours ehe knew that this was soon for Haleth... but he also knew that the boy would prevail somehow. He had to... it had to be him. The road of the Hero was filled with heartache and pain... what breif happiness resided in the outcome... would be outweighed by the darkness that would be instilled in him temple by temple. Person by person...

He felt something strange at the thought... a deep clenching in his chest that was mildly uncomfortable and vaugely and very much akin to pain. For some reason the thought irked him... the idea of such a man as Haleth being transformed into a war veteran... a darker person... that troubled the Sheikah but he knew it would happen and he would forget these silly protective notions. It was what the Godesses intended for them. Their roles.

There was a design and they had their patterns prewoven.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:26 pm
User Image Haleth paid close attention to the Sheikah's every instruction. He felt it a little bit difficult to concentrate on the man's teaching while he tried his best not to lose his balance and also a bit troubled by the man's warm and close body. He did not know why but the close contact with that man made him really nervous... it was not that he disliked it, well, in fact not at all... but made him feel really silly.

At first as the horse moved slowly upwards the mountain, he felt less nervous and permitted himself to relax a bit, but still not letting go of the grip on the stallion's mane. But as the incline increased, he was forced to lay backwards, to lay onto the Sheikah's body, and he felt again his warmth and calm breathing. Haleth's body was stiff and he tried not to lean into the man, tightening the grip of his legs on the horse's sides and mane.
But then, when he thought that was over.. in fact he was a bit scared but said nothing.... they cleared the mountain path and the Sheikah pushed forward onto him, making the Hero almost have to brace the horse's neck.
The wind was blowing softly but seemed now like a strong gale as the stallion increased the pace. They sorted trees and then... Haleth opened his eyes a lot as his heart skipped some beats and almost stopped when the horse jumped over a fallen tree. The Hero turned around briefly, looking with widened eyes at the obstacle they just jumped over. He had not been prepared for that and moments later almost slided down and fell, but a graceful move of the Sheikah kept him on place.
But the man had to prevent him from falling many times, so in the end he resolved to put an arm around his waist.

Haleth felt that movement as if it had been done in slow motion. And Haleth found himself being embraced. The arem embracing him seemed casual and relaxed, but the Hero could feel it was ready to hold him tight at the minimun out of place move.
He cursed himself for acting like a silly scaredy girl, and he tried his best to sit correctly and adapt to the horse's movements, yet holding his head up and not closing his eyes in horror at the sight of an oncoming jump.

He did that and he started to enjoy the riding, but that gentle arm around his waist reminded him he was really inexperienced in horse riding and that he'd have to improove that.
He started to like the caress of the wind in his cheeks, feeling his hair flow and whip the air, the moving of the muscles at the flanks of the animal...

And after a while they made it to a pond with a lone tree hoowering his branches over its surface. The moon was high in the sky and its light turned the water into silver. There was a small house there, more like a hut.
The Sheikah dismounted gracefully and stretched, and then helped Haleth down the horse. He felt his muscles strange... like not feeling them or like if they belonged to someone else. Exhaustion was taking its grip on him.

"We should rest, inside there is a bed. Take use of it. I will see you in the morning Hero... before sunrise, and we will begin the lessons."
The man suddenly speaking startled him. his thought were somewhere else, capturing his surroundings. He was looking for a red light he could sworn he had seen near that tree... a light like of that of Fask but in red instead of green.

Haleth walked towards the hut with a nod, but when he had the door open, he turned around looking at the Sheikah.
"And you? where are you going to sleep?" He didn't know why but he knew the Sheikah wouldn't give him a satisfactory answer to him, he would tell him not to worry about that and to rest or something like that.
"I don't need any special treatment nor anything like that. I can perfectly sleep on the ground with a blanket, I don't want to be the only one to be comfortable and sleep a peaceful night that way. I'm perfectly able to endure sleeping in the open fields, you know that. If you're going to train me to endure the hardships that lay out there in our path, then do it, starting now. It won't be any good for me to keep sleeping on beds if there are not going to be beds anymore. I prefer sleeping on the grassy land here to start being used to harder and less inviting grounds".
And with that the Hero closed the door of the house, staying outside of it.
"I'll sleep wherever you sleep, and I won't complain".

If the Sheikah wanted him to sleep on that bed, he had it difficult because or there were two beds in there, one for each one, or he was not going to accept it. He'll only accept it if at least the Sheikah entered and slept there too instead of somewhere out there, but he refrained himself from saying that because he would sound like an egoistic and spoiled brat.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:10 pm
The Sheikah took in the hero, and he hadn't missed the red light that was hiding from them. The Fairies usually didn't hide him him but the Hero was something new. Fask shifted and awoke, hovering tiredly from out of his cowl. She had made use of that blue hair that was hidden, to sleep soundly. In fact she was excited when she saw the new area. "We are at Crimson's house! Crimson's House Yay!" Fask floated at first then strayed to find anything useful and after a breif few minutes the red Fairy joined her and the two were chasing each other. It was rare in these days to see such playfulness outside of Ordon, or Faron woods.

The Sheikah had breifly watched her, tuning out the Hero's words on him, he shouldn't be worried over a guide. It was against everything they were taught. Then again The Hero came from Ordon, no previous outstanding skills at all. Just a goat herder. There was a moment though on the Horse when he had known that the Ordonnian was getting anxious about him. It was a shame really, he had hoped that the boy would not mind him but apparently he minded him and was insistant on his well being. It was a dumb thing to do, but it reminded the Sheikah of the kid's warm heart. It also reminded him why it was that he should not be tended to.

"If that is what you wish, then I will stay beside you. Hero, let me get this straight with you. I am a Sheikah, my kind are not well liked, we are tools. I am trained to be nothing, so that I am. You are a Hero, and I am just your guide. Do not treat me this kindly... it is not right." The Sheikah looked dead into the man before him. The man was tired but Haleth was truthful and he was embarrased for chastizing the Sheikah.

"It is not my place to mean something to you. That is for Hyrule and the people you will make ties with. You will understand then. "

I am a monster... a Shadow, a person that is not. I hold no meaning and should not hold meaning to you.

The SHeikah did not feel sad but he felt cold inside, like he always had when he put himself back in his place. He was not a person to deserve kind treatment for what he was or what he did. He would not have gratitude or praise. He was a servant... that was all.

"I need to gather some ointments, They will help you when you get sore. If you intend to train then take the bed, and if you won't sleep till I'm there, then leave me a spot on it. It is vital that you remember your last day of comfort... that will be the freshest memory you can retain of it." Jan closed his eyes and what could have been a sigh escaped his lips. How could this child be a Hero. How was he, a Sheikah, supposed to make a man out of a Hylian. They were such different cultures.

The blue figured man turned from Haleth, anywhere else he would have been considered too young to give such instructions and much to young to lead a Hero... but he was not ordinary He was a Sheikah, and he would do his job and do it well. He moved through the grass to the pond where Thara was taking a drink and the Fairies were playing tag. He had seen the red one around here lately. He remembered it was harmed when it first came, he had helped it recover and in turn it had given him something that was stashed deep in his hip bag. Something he hoped never to have to use. It flitted around him, before zooming off with Fask in tow.

Fairies could sense a gentle heart, even under the SHeikah. All Sheikah had hearts like Hylians, theirs was closed and their caring sides showed in actions of saving people or aiding the wounded. outside they seemed so distant and dark.

There were some wild bushes that gre around the trees roots and he inspected them. The Sheikah had been healers befiore they became the Families tools. They continued that tradition to aid fighters or themselves in battle. He inspected each carefully chosing some before gathering some water in a flask. Inside he had some pouder he would need for this, but the fireplace would make the house too warm and the medicine much too potent. He wasn't quite sure the Hero had listened to his advice and his head was still spinning around the notion of sleeping beside another. As a person who had nevr done so, and who was almost always cautious of everyone. He felt very uncomfortable with the notion of another body beside his, and with him asleep.

He was a light sleeper but it didn't change the fact that on his back he lost most iof his dexterity and his stronger attack methods. He was very vulnerable that way. He turned with the plants and entered the cabin. He worked quickly and efficiently and within ten minutes the ointment was setting outside to be heated by the sun later. Fask had taken to staying bnear her new companion then joining them in the cottage. The Sheikah himself took up a small portion of the bed, but it seemed he slept even with his cowl. His breast plate was the only thing removed from his person, and under that were wrappings and blue leather like material. His shoes came off as well before he entered the house. He didn't use a pillow for there was only one and he was so used to sleeping on hard surfaces that the pillow was not for him.

"Get rest, we start early in the morning." The Sheikah made it a request more so an instruction. He became very much alert soon after when he fell into a sleep. Of course it was more of a vision then a sleep. He could see the interior of the oak, and here the cries of the Faron beast. Soon... it had to be soon.

He was slightly aware of a body joiing him upon the bed... but anything else he had either not felt or not recalled.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:02 pm
User Image "If that is what you wish, then I will stay beside you. Hero, let me get this straight with you. I am a Sheikah, my kind are not well liked, we are tools. I am trained to be nothing, so that I am. You are a Hero, and I am just your guide. Do not treat me this kindly... it is not right."

Haleth looked at the Sheikah with narrowed eyes.
"I don't agree with you in this. Maybe as you say sheikah are tools for the royal family to ensure hope and peace.... but the previous Hero of long long time ago was also a tool, a tool of the Goddesses, and a righteous tool in the hands of the Princess herself. Heroes maybe are born to be, but they do not become true Heroes untill those people who they live and fight for give themselves that title to them. So I don't care if I am the Hero you say I am, but if I am, I am still not, untill those who I will give my all to protect give that honorific title to me. Up until then and only then I'm just Haleth, a regular Hylian from Ordon who has decided to step forward. For some I'll be now a fool, but I prefer being called a fool than to claim being a Hero that I haven't yet proved I am. And as for you, I was raised in a way to treat everyone as an equal for that's the way of never feeling oneself superior in any way to the others. I was raised that way and I'm proud of it. I'm simply unable to treat a person like I would treat an object...."

He did not know if his words reached the mind of the Sheikah or if he was angry or anything, because the crimson eyes of the man rested expressionless, and he acted normally, as if he had not heard anything of what he had just said.
"I need to gather some ointments, They will help you when you get sore. If you intend to train then take the bed, and if you won't sleep till I'm there, then leave me a spot on it. It is vital that you remember your last day of comfort... that will be the freshest memory you can retain of it."

Haleth entered the cabin and left his things inside, only taking the wooden instrument with him when he came out again.
"I'm going to take a walk, it will help me get rid of this funny sensation on my legs. Don't worry about me remembering my last night of confort, I remember it, and I will remember it even when I won't be able to recall my own name. The last night of confort was the one before all this happened, when I was unaware of what happened in the world, when I was only getting up to keep my life tending for the animals. That was my last peaceful night followed by a peaceful day doing the usual chores and with a relaxing nap under my tree up in the fields where the rams grazed. Even if I now slept in the most comfortable bed of the Kingdom, full of soft and fluffy pillows, my sleep wouldn't be confortable because my nights from here on will be hunted in nitemares, nightmares that won't disappear untill my task is done and all returns to its righteous place to be. And I don't know if then they are going to disappear or not..... Well, I'm off. I won't goo too far away. There's no need in getting the fireplace on. it's really warm inside the cabin and the night won't be cold at all neither it's going to rain, although maybe tomorrow will."

And with that Haleth walked away. First he went to the pond to wash his face with the fresh water, he was sweating of the nervousness of the ride. He then took off his boots and sat there on the grass, his feet just touching the water with the toes, and he leaned onto the tree which branches perched over the waters. There he started playing a melancholic tune with the ocarina. He had to essay its notes first as he was not used to them, but he worked the trick out of it quickly and started to play smoothly the quite sad tune.
As he played, he was watching the fairies play together and that lifted his spirits a bit, and then the horse came to drink of the pond too, and he felt more relaxed and calmer, and the tune switches to a happiest one.
From his sitting point, he saw the Sheikah collecting herbs and then working them to get the ointments, he saw the man leave the mixtures outside and entering the cabin, and so he also got up and after wishing a good night to the fairies, he took his boots in one hand and the instrument in the other, and walked barefooted to the cabin.

He saw thw boots of the Sheikah outside and he left his own beside those, and entered.
There was the crimson eyed man removing his breastplate and cautiously putting it aside. The fairies came in from the window tinting the small tent with red and green lights. He left the ocarina with his things.

"Get rest, we start early in the morning."
And with that the Sheikah layed on the bed in such a way and so to the side that he seemed about to fall from it any moment near.
Haleth sighed and saw the man close his eyes. In some way it amused him that Crimson wore the cowl even in his sleep, that reinforced the mysterious aura about him. He shook his hed and walked to the other side of the bed, sitting slowly on it not to disturb the man.... and also for the fear of making him fall from the bed. He took off his belt and tunic, he did not wanted to get tem all sweaty if the night was hot and if he had nitemares, and left them folded on the ground before laying in the bed too, but not ocupying all the freee space in the bed, but leaving the distance he could for if the Sheikah wanted to switch his position.
He felt again for an instant that same strange nervousness he felt when, while riding, the Sheikah had put his arm aroung his waist to hold him and he pressed the body to his and against the neck of the horse.
Fask flew to him and with her high pitched voice but in what seemed a hush told him that they were gonna take watch for them ro have a good rest.

It was still dark when Haleth woke up. He had fallen out of the bed and sleepily searched for the fairies, and he saw a glimpse of them near the window. He tried to climb again, but he fell asleep again sitting on the floor and resting his head over his arms crossed over the matress. An indeed really strange pose to fall asleep, but well, that was a virtue for him, being able to sleep wherever and no matter the position.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:43 pm
The Sheikah himself didn't stew over the Hero. He was still a Hylian... a much higher race than those considered the Shadow People. It was his blood and the Eye that made him see the spirits that haunted the meadows and hear the screams of the forest. There was no happiness in rest for his kind, and the best he could have was a dreamless night. It was safe to say that there was a point at which he had awoken on the bed and shifted to face Haleth. Jan felt the uncomfortable feeling of the presence beside him, one that chose to achknowledge him and it was not something that was bad, but it was something he was not used to. They were so different... the two of them. He took in Haleth, the red hair that he had felt tickle him upon the horse and something very akin to a small form of affection made his hand brush some of that hair away. Perhaps it was the same feelin that was so very close to affection that made him want to be closer to the warmth of Haleth. The night was hot, but the Sheikah felt cold and empty inside. It was something he was inured to. Haleth was granting him a slight warmth that the boy had unknowingly given him.

The Hero was asleep, when Jan leaned over him and into his ear whispered, "Jan, my name... you can have it." But the boy was still very much asleep and he doubted that the Hero heard it. It was why he did it, but at this close he felt hisnose brush Haleths and for the breifest of instances, for the slightest moment in time. Jan kissed the Hero affectionately. The emotion was vibrant and strong for that instant, and the next it was gone. Along with the Sheikah itself.

It wasn't right... It wasn't right for him to have done that. Sheikah did not even kiss eachother but it had been such a strong urge that had been for the instant it slipped... a monster of tremendous power. Instead he promised himself that he would protect that Hero...He would give everything he was. To keep that boy safe... He had already promised his life to the Hero, but the Sheikah at this point was promising himself to the man behind the Hero. His blood and flesh and Bone, would go to keeping Ganon from him. To ensure that Haleth would be ready.

He shouldn't and he knew that, Because should he let the affection get too far, he would end up fragile and human... He would make errors, and become rash. He would break when it was time for this curse to end his time here. The Misery would be immense should he become attached. He already was, but he kept the feeling locked far within himself, as he exited the house. He was making a beeline for the pond. It was three... it was time for him to awaken. He had a good four hours and was ready for the coming day. Still he stripped his body of it's cowl, of it's wrappings... and when it was over he was bare, and his skin revealed. There were strange markings, the tribal design was elegant around his mid thighs and ankles. They were ornate on his navel and just intricate along his back and lower back. That blue hair fell long and past his waist. He left it in a ponytail... the ends were jagged and of different sizes and it was obvious that he had never cut the majority of his hair. Only what was obscurring his vision.

He stepped into the water, it was frigid and he could feel it seeping over his body as he bathed. It was crisp and energizing and by the time he had finnished his soak under the early morning sky, he was already preparing for the day. Around five in the morning he started Thara and went to the villiage. It was here that he awoke the swordsmith and retrieved a sword for Haleth and a sheild. He payed the man handsomely. It was six when he returned andf the sky had turned light. Fask and the Fairy greeted Jan as he dismouted, they also took to following him when he went to gather fruits and the necessary breakfast accomidations for Haleth. The Sheikah ate his fruit in peace before he cooked a meal for the Hero to be.

It was six forty five when he awoke Haleth. The sun had not yet risen.

"Hero get up... it's time to start training." It was a gentle shake from the Sheikah, and Fask decided to help by pummeling into Haleth... who at some point in the night shifted to not be on the bed but the floor. He had been serious about what he said of not sleeping in the bed without the Sheikah. For an instant it brought a gentle smile to the cowled Sheikah. It faded when Haleth refused to rise.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:20 am
User Image Haleth felt the bed moving when the sheikah got up from it, but that only made him mumble some nonsense impossible to understand.
And he kept on sleeping.
He felt the light increasing as the day awakened, but he just simply hid his face better in the inside of his arm. His hair was spilled over his shoulders and some over the bed.
He heard the door opening, but the door also opened in his dream, so he did not pay attention to reality.
In his dream was light increasing too, but was the raging light of the flames and fire that consumed wood and turned the village to ashes.
In his dream the door opened and there was a huge and menacing shadow silhoueted in the red and orange hot light. That silhouete was terrible and emanated evil. He could not see who that was, but was someone darker than darkness itself and emanated power.
In his dream he was frozen in front of that someone.
In the hut, he was all sweaty, one of his fists clenching the sheets tightly.

The soft touch on his shoulder meant to wake him did not work, the dream was too powerful.
Then the fairy decided to ask, stomping against Haleth. Fask and the other fairy took the red hair and pulled. But that was not what made him awake. It was an evil laugh he heard on his dream. A sound able to froze warm waters and that made the soul feel faint.
He awoke startled and sweaty, his eyes wide in a mix of fright and astonishment.
He then realised where he was.
He was in Crimson's cabin. He was on the be..... he was on the floor, but he did not remember how he got there, but his hands were resting on the bed, he sure had left in a strange pose. He then saw two lights, one green and the other red dangling from his hair. Those were the two fairies, startled by his sudden awakening.

Taking them gently from his hair, he let them fly and got up. He walked past the sheikah in a rush and out the cabin. He felt an acid taste in his tongue and walked straight and fast to the pond, beside which he kneeled and struck his entire head in.
He pulled it out of the cold water when he was becoming out of breath.
He felt the cold water drip from his hair down his chest and back. his heartbeat seemed to be calmer now as he breathed deeply. He washed himself throughly and returned to the cabin walkin calmlier.

"I'm sorry... the last half of the night was not pleasant at all... but that's over now..." He entered the cabin to take his tunic and belt and put 'em on, and once outside again he stepped into his boots. Fask flew by him and he took her hently with both hands.
"Sorry to have startled you... I'm fine now". He left the fairy fly again and turned to the Sheikah.
"I'm sorry for having slept for so long. It's my fault. I'm used to that cucko of doom the neighbours have that makes the cuckos of the whole willage go crazy and say their good morning to all the village as early as the sun peeks out, but not hearing it I kept on sleeping. Please from now on, wake me when you wake up, I don't want you to do all the work".
Haleth did not know it, but his nitemares started when the Sheikah had left the cabin.

He now realised the two new wrapped things that rested against the cabin's wall, and for their shape he knew those were a sword and a shield. Those were not there when they came last night. There was also some breakfast done. Haleth realised that the Sheikah had been awake for at least two hours before him, and that made him feel ashamed and guilty for sleeping untill that hour.

"Shall we then start you training me?"  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:49 am
User ImageIt felt strange, having the responsibility of waking another, but Jan also felt that it was something natural for him to do. He watched Haleth with those eyes, but they were softer, more impassioned, he felt such an acute surge of warmth and felt embarrassed by it in a manner. Just like when he had kissed the Hero. It was something he shouldn't have done and yet like now it felt as if it was natural. Like that was the action his whole being had decided to take without him. He reached gently and moved red strands from Haleth's damp forehead. He felt a surge of worry...

The Sheikah continued to try and rouse the man but it seemed he was in a terror. The dream had him enthralled. Already Ganondorf was trying to find him. The triforce pieces were connected in a way to where they could somewhat sense eachother and would call to eachother. Ganon could not tell where the piece was emenating from since the Sheikah had removed him and took him to the area shrouded by acient magics. To say the least Haleth awoke at the break of dawn, no sooner and no less. Jan could tell that it would sometimes cause a problem. The man would have issues with the spirit temple... the place of his people. Jan was feeling that surge of protectiveness and would have made to banish such evils. With a Sheikah the darkness would not come near Haleth... The guide acted kind of like a sheild in those respects.

Jan stood aloof though, he was somewhat nervous about this. This was not a good sign, not at all. He figured he would have to become inured to it and treat Haleth as he needed to be treated. Jan was getting softer than he would have liked and so felt pleased when his presence was overlooked so easily... It meant Haleth was begining to treat him as he needed to be treated... like a Sheikah. At least some progress was showing. He had snapped back into the self he was supposed to be. He had not trained to be nurturing, he was not trained to revel in the Hero like others... it would just be painful in the end. More so than it needed to be. Jan took a breath and followed the man outside where he was. He merely watched the actions that Haleth took with indifference.

He had to admit the boy was gentle, and haunted already... It was a little too soon for that, but it seemed the exigency of their current situation was not looking bright. He would have none of the apology and shook his head no. He knew he would anyway... Haleth had ordered him to. So he would wake him, but somehow he felt shy about it. He awoke early to bath first. Then move on with the day.

"I get up long before the sun Hero... You would have to awaken with that in mind." He whispered softly, the cold nature he had assumed had returned. His indifferent calmness taking him over as he unwrapped the Ordonnian sword. It was nice, not as nice as Goron metalwork but it was worth it. He handed it to Haleth with the wrapped Sheild.

"Eat first." He said leaving Haleth to his own devices as he sat upon a stump near the pond. The food had been left inside on a small table. The house seemed empty, like a shell... it was cold and it was obvious that there was no special meaning of the place to the Sheikah. It was just a place he had to sleep breifly inbetween travel.

When he was sure that Haleth had left he pulled from his pack a golden instrument. It was a small harplike device that he plucked. The music drifted and sounded mystical, it was beautifully crafted music. There was a dark tone to it, an undercurrent of years of pain and anguish and yet... love. There was love in it, and it was a broken one, a pained love that was hidden under layers of notes.

I've got no handy matters worldly, I hardly care at all.

But you know what dives me out of my mind.

Whatever makes you, makes you believe.

unforgettable premonitions, the images sell out Illusion and dreams.

In other words a Destiny.

There were words to it, to the strangly intimate song. It was a lulling melody that was haunted with strong emotions. Emotions of his people that never showed upon faces. They were deeply locked emotions. The care and love, the passion that the SHeikah fought with.

It was the Waltz of his people. He played it softly, and the coldness inside him reappeared and he remembered his place almost instantly. The tun e brought him a sort of reminder of his responsibility and it leant him strength for the coming day. Meanwhile his lithe fingers deftly picked the notes and chords and played them quick and without fault. It was his tribes music... their form of worldly attachement.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:33 am
User Image "I don't care if you wake before the sun, the times is short as you and the Tree said, so better wake before the sun. And as summer advancesthat will also be favorable, because the air will be colder in the hours before dawn and we won't sweat it more than necessary. I'm used to wake up early, that son of a...chicken... of cucko trained all the willage to that.... even kids wake up that hour and take long naps in the afternoon after having diner. I was never quite fond of naps.... but I was fond of laying down on the fields under the shade of a good tree".

The sheikah then gave him the sword unwrapped and the shield.

"Eat first." and with that he went to sit on a stump near the pond. The red fairy was there flying near the water, and started moving with the soft tune Crimson played in his golden harp.
Haleth went inside and ate what the sheikah had made for him. Maybe that was not mom's cooking, but was good and helped him forget the last remains of acid taste in his mouth. However, he felt really lonely eating there in the cabin with no one to share a laugh or a conversation with.

"Hero! hey Hero!" Fask had noticed his feeling and buzzed around Haleth's head.
"What is it Fask?"
"Crimson's tune is nice! But Hero's music yesterday was nice too! Sade said so! And Fask liked it"
Haleth smiled.
"Thanks Fask.... but that one yesterday was a sad tune I played.... and somehow, the one that Crimson is playing is also sad... it has a somewhat of passion that that seems to be enveloped by something that hides it..."
That's a Sheikah for you..... they are really caring but they seem so cold to everyone thay act cold but they are not. They are nice people in their way of being, they help the others yes yes! Sade said so! Crimson healed him when he found him injured!
"Yes... he's a good man.... somewhat strange.. but well.... I suppose that is a cultural difference between we both."

He took the last of his breakfast, some wild berries, and walked outside followed by the green light. He have a berrie to fask to eat out there in the sun, and when she finished it, he shared another with her.
"Do you think you can carry this one for the other fairy? I'm sure that it will be a good gift to present my excuses for this morning"
The fairy took the berry and flew away to the pond.

Haleth finished his berries and unwrapped the shield. He could see the hand of Ordon's blacksmith in it. He recognized the carvings the man liked to carve in his pieces, although he saw this one was less ornated and the wood was not dyed, he sure was on a rush to finish it. He essayed it on his arm and moved it around. It's weight was ok, really balanced, and more or less the weight of the staves he was used to wield.
He then looked at the sword. Haleth took it with both hands and removed it from the guard. The weight was something! With that his arms sure would became tired these few days... He put it inside the plain leather guard and walked towards the pond.

"I'm ready, master" He bowed his head a bit with a smile. It was not a mocking smile, it was sincere and proud to be trained by that man.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 pm
User Image He paid no attention to the bobbing red light of a Fairy that danced for him. Sade enjoyed the Sheikah and felt safe in his presence as they should. The Sheikah were like illuminescent forces in the dark of the world. Their primary jobs in times of peace and out was the guide the dead. They were in a way, the keepers of the spirits in Hyrule, as well as tools for the Royal Family. The eyes were closed from the world as his fingers moved soothingly over their familiar instrument, and he felt himself drifting into a better place. But the waltz came to an end and he was forced to remember the current situation. As a Shadow warrior he took in the current with cold apethy, but it didn't change the fact that his kind were hunted, and slaughtered and so many that he had seen growing... had been taken or were locked away.

That was his human side, the one that was locked deep inside that felt the pain, the aghonizing emptiness. They weren't close to him, but they had been kin. That was deep inside, and it had showed in the music and breifly in Haleth's home. He listened to Sade as the shy Fairy came to sit affably upon his shoulder. She took him in and smiled in her own way. She knew his secret... his depth... and she felt sad too but she felt his hope, his need and duty, she felt him on a level that was like a tidal wave crashing upon a shore. She was swept away until Fask brought her mind to the berry. When Haleth was rummaging Jan watched him carefully, the sword... He would need to bring out one as well, and he had, it was laying beside his stump. It wasn't as broad as Haleth's but it would do.

His blue hair swept a little in the early morning wind. He could feel the heat a bit and had chosen to ignore Haleth earlier. He tended to do that. It was just habit. He stood, his lean form glowing from the light. His breastplate glared slightly, but it was dull and unshined. Like it had taken years of the work that the Sheikah had done to get to this point. Finally... it was time. He was about to respond when he froze, his eyes hardened, and he felt a surge of boiling emotion. It felt strange and he felt a shame casted upon him.

"No. Hero, no." He whispered the words but the anger that laced them made Sade sense the boiling rage that flowed through his veins.

"Call me what you will, but never! Never call me that!" Damnit he wasn't worth that.

"Unsheath your sword, I'll test what your instincts are first." He trembled slightly from the shock he was feeling. He was trying so hard to reign himself in. His emotions normally didn't show this much. Haleth affected him in a way he was unused to though. The emotions would break through in certaincircumstances and for that instant they would be strong, and then they would be shut away almost as fast as they appeared. In this case the rage he felt Scared Sade, and even Fask felt the unease. Then it was gone, it was cooled.

"Think of the sword like an extension of your body. You use it with one hand. I would use your weakest arm to use it. This way you stregthen it." The Sheikah surged forward and moved with a speed and grace that was like floating. He attacked it was straight forward attack since he was only testing Haleth. He felt the shock of metal on his own sword which was slimmer and shapened only on one side. It was a fine sword... thin and light than normal. Made for his kind. He was not a swordsman though he was a dual blade weilder. So he was at a disadvantage but Haleth had never even swung a real sword.

"You may use slashes or stabs to get to your opponent. Do not worry for striking me. You won't." The Sheikah warned not leaving haleth room to feel comfortable before tilting his sword and forcing the body in front of him to parry and take the force. It would help him to learn how to block first. But he would have to attack the Sheikah eventually. Those crimson eyes seemed cold and flat, the depth in them gone with his repressed rage. All that was left was a calmness.

"it is important not to let emotions fuel your fighting... You need to keep calm under circumstances of peril. This keeps you from being fooled by simple tricks or goads. It ends rashness and stupidity in battle. It your calm... it will help you."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:28 pm
User Image Haleth widened his eyes in surprise. He felt he had managed to get the Sheikag angry, but was not his intention at all. He said that to show a respect for the man who was going to do his best to protect him, who was going to teach him to know how to defend himself for the times coming... but his words angered him and he didn't know what to say to compensate that.
He made a mental note not to call him master again, although he was that at the moment...
He would have said teacher, but that reminded him more of lessons of maths at school than of martial arts and weaponery training.

He took the sword with his right, forgetting now about the shield.
Crimsons eyes were fierce, but that gave in to a calm and plain expression that was even more scary that the fierce glare from before.

Haleth listened to the Sheikah's teachings as he tried his best to do as he said. The sword felt heavy and dull in his arm, but he knew that would eventually change with practicing.
He striked and clashed his sword with the thiner one of the blue haired man, and a gasp of admiration escaped his lips when he realised the strength he had. With that slim and slender body Crimson seemed to have less strength than what he really had. Haleth already knew that, but knowing it and feeling it are two really different things.
He smiled at this revelation and put more effort into it 'cause this made the sparring more thrilling.

As the cowled man said, he was unable to lay a single good strike on him, he was too slow compared to Crimson, but that wouldn't make Haleth take a step behind.
He felt an exciting emotion.
It was not confidence at all, if he had felt confident with an opponent half of the half Crimson's skill, he would be dead in two minutes.
Neither was rage nor fear.
It was a bright feeling, he was enjoying himself and feeling he was going to learn a lot with the Sheikah training him.
And he liked the thought of it.

And he continued landing blows and slashes with a jolly smile curling his lips.

As the sun went up, he was feeling more dull, because of the unfamiliar weight of the sword and the heat of the day.
The day was not sunny neither cloudy, but shifting both. But there on the south were growing thick gray clouds that slowly came their way.
But he did not mind it.
He only once asked for a break, and was for getting rid of the tunic. He knew in a real fight he wouldn't be able to do that... neither he would like to! He would have to put up with his sweat and his clothes, no matter how sweaty and no matter how thick or heavy the clothing was.
But as it was his first time sparring with a real sword, he was becoming more tired than a trained man would.

He was tired and sweating a lot, his muscles were starting to ache, but he did not complain a single time about that.
He tried to place the blows as the Sheikah said.

After sparring with each other the Sheikah had a general overview of Haleth sword sloppiness.  

Zylver_the_Dragon

7,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:38 pm
User Image He was not used to such a weapon but as a boy he had learned the sword. For Haleth it would be different, it would be odd and challenging but to the Sheikah's surprise he had a grip on the concept... rather well. They sparred for the better half of the morning in which it was mostly the Sheikah attacking softly, and Haleth making sloppy advances that were slowly improving in step. They weren't signifigant improvements but he felt that the man before him was finding the sword comfortable. Jan worked him, often faking Haleth out and more than once the Sheikah turned the blade so he hit with the face or the blunt back when he struck. Haleth was not used to fighting an enemy able to hit from all sides. It would be difficult for him to fight the Oaks monster if that be the case. Though it would only be a matter of using the right things. He would advance in skill as he continued.

It was around midmorning when Haleth left to remove his Tunic, something the Sheikah actually felt a little flustered about. He must have worked the hero harshly. He could see welts on the man's body from when he couldn't block... Welts wree the least of their worries and the Sheikah knew that the wounds would get worse as time progressed. He feared Haleth's condition through the fire temple, and the goron Mines. He feared that those would cause the Hero the most signifigant of injuries. There was much that would cause damage to the Hero. he would be there to fix him though. That he swore. Fask eventually joined them with Sade when Haleth returned and they sparred again. This time it was different, the Sheikah slowed his pace... He allowed Haleth to get used to hitting him, to get used to the sword's movements and feel. It was a calmer pace, but he worked him. The Sheikah himself felt nothing of the heat or the exhaustion that Haleth must feel in his arms.

"Enough." The Sheikah Sheathed his sword abd by taking in Haleth he was aware the male was extremely tired in his muscles, that and hot. Jan moved, his streps languid and almost entrancing as he rerieved the pan of ointment that was finnished heating by the sun.

"Hero sit please." He asked as he prepared the ointment for use, but he also brought out a vial holding some form of goo like substance. Jan joined the Hero soon after, his form seeming unaffected by such activity but then again he was used to this. In the shade as they were now, the day seemed calmer. Sade joined the SHeikah's shoulder once more while Fask buzzed here and there. Judging by the welts he had been slightly rough. It was fine though, he would teach him basics today as well. They would start out for the Oak by late evening.

Once Haleth sat the SHeikah removed his gloves and wrappings. His hands were slender with elegantly formed fingers. it didn't seem like they should be used for fighting, but they were. In Fact if one were to look carefully they would notice that every finger had been broken at least once. Wether intentionally or by accident. Those same fingers took the ointment for the welts which smelled slightly odd, like mushrooms somewhat and massaged it into the welts. There were some upon Haleth's neck, his side, his chest, his back... random places. It would sooth the ache and heal the Welts in a few hours. In his current position his cowl rode lower than it usually did revealing some more of his sharply made face.

The Expression was one of calm countenence as he started to apply the Muscle ointment to Haleth's arms first. His touches were gentle and easy, but inside he was not comfortable with touching, yes he was healing but it was the Hero... which shouldn't have bothered im as much as it did inside. He enjoyed taking care of Haleth like this and that was a problem. His fingers worked the ointment into the arms. It would feel cool and yet burn slightly at the same time. It would soak in and relax the muscles and release the acid, to keep the ache away. He repeated the process on the other arm, then moving his fingers with more ointment along Haleth's ches. Using a towl to get sweat away first. He Massaged it in lightly.

"Lay down Hero." He asked, gently pushing the man onto his back before he applied more ointment upon the abdomen and obliques. There was no place spared the ointment that was above belt, and eventually Jan would have to do Haleth's back as well. He would wait for the front to set in first.

"After I finnish with this you shoul do some self practice. If you wish I have some dummies I could set up for you. We will eat breifly before taking off to the Oak." They were close, and it was... nice, not that it should be nice but Jan enjoyed Haleth's company he liked to be near the man to know everything about him, which was not good. It meant he was attached. That would just be heartbreak waiting to happen and that meant he would make errors and be weak, where Haleth was concerned.  
[The Play House]____RolePlaying Games and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff