Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Mercy, Vengeance, Justice, and Divine Mandate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does your faith mandate justice?
  Yes
  No
  Sorta Kinda
  Not Really
View Results

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
Then why call it a teaching of Tyr if it's not actually taught by Tyr?
Because if you make it clear that it's UPG, there is justifiable reason to challenge the position, especially if it directly contradicts the things Tyr does and says within the source texts. wink

We can't have people questioning our UPG now can we?

THE HORRORS.
Tea, you've just given me nightmare material for the next month.
xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:39 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
Violet Song jat Shariff
riddle_box_juggalo
lol yeah, especially when it comes to loki.

Actually that was taught to me by my chieftain. He follows Tyr as well, and has all his life. I'm really having no reason to take somebody else's word over his.

What's wrong with Loki? neutral

So it's UPG and not anywhere in the lore? Then why call it a teaching of Tyr if it's not actually taught by Tyr?

Nothing is wrong with loki at all, it's just his followers and tyr's differ so much. But tis the balnce of things.

He's 47 years old, and his father, his grandfather, and so on have followed tyr. Isn't this where our myths come from but our elders?

It might make it a myth, sure. But I would be very hesitant to chalk up someone's family's experiences with deity as canon.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:45 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff

THE HORRORS.
xd
No cookies for Tea Tea?

riddle_box_juggalo
Isn't this where our myths come from but our elders?
Source texts too. Otherwise, let's face it, you have elders that say you should be beaten as a punishment for talking to me. twisted

There are Racist Asatru Elders after all. Blindly supporting elders as a source for spiritual truth is really thoughtless.

You haven't really practiced much in the way of Critical Thinking and logic have you?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:46 pm
It is how myths are made and told though. This much is true.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:51 pm
Now tell me this tea. What makes me an oathbreaker?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:53 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff

THE HORRORS.
xd
No cookies for Tea Tea?

*gives chocolate-chip cookies*
biggrin  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:02 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
It is how myths are made and told though.
So why worship gods that don't exist? I mean, if all the Eddas, Sagas and the like are just some s**t someone made up to tell pretty stories, why on earth would you serve a fairy tale?

Quote:
his much is true.
Not for my gods. ~shrugs~

riddle_box_juggalo
Now tell me this tea. What makes me an oathbreaker?

Have the courtesy to capitalize my name.

riddle_box_juggalo
I spacialize in retribution. If somebody does unto another something that harms without implication, then I or another will make sure they pay. Whether it be directly or indirectly.

riddle_box_juggalo
2: This whole thing of being a real wiccan doesn't mean a thing to me. I couldn't care less. If you have a problem with how other people follow the religion, bring it to them and not me. I'm HEATHEN, not wiccan.

When you signed up for this site, you agreed to follow the Terms of Service.

Amongst the things you agreed to do is this:
Gaia's Terms of Service
discuss, promote, or depict any form of child sexuality, abuse, exploitation, or related topics that may be harmful to or threaten the security of a child or minor;

By establishing false information about what Wica is, you have engaged in behavior that could lead a minor taking you at your word as being correct about Wica to be abused by those who misuse the term, and you don't care.

You are, by definition, an oathbreaker.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:16 pm
riddle_box_juggalo
He's 47 years old, and his father, his grandfather, and so on have followed tyr. Isn't this where our myths come from but our elders?

Odd that they have a history of following Tyr, but taught you to view Tyr not as a being within stories but as a laundry-list of characteristics. While the "god of x, y, and z," is common among non-believers and believers who are steeped unconsciously in the modern Western bias against gods, rendering them into Pokemon with areas of influence, historical evidence points to the gods being experienced by the few who followed them as individuals who covered a wide range of areas of influence.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:27 pm
Deoridhe
riddle_box_juggalo

Odd that they have a history of following Tyr, but taught you to view Tyr not as a being within stories but as a laundry-list of characteristics. While the "god of x, y, and z," is common among non-believers and believers who are steeped unconsciously in the modern Western bias against gods, rendering them into Pokemon with areas of influence, historical evidence points to the gods being experienced by the few who followed them as individuals who covered a wide range of areas of influence.

lol, and even better, when reading that post, the poke ball piccie with Romuel showed up in your sig.

gives a whole new meaning to "picking and choosing" your religion.

Odin, use Confusion!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:29 pm
Deoridhe
riddle_box_juggalo

I can't help it, I just have to catch them all. gonk

It would take an entire paragraph for me to go through all of Zeus' functions, the same with Tyr. What I don't like is the trap people fall into where since one God was labeled one thing, you can't label other Gods that.

Note to anyone who's seen me argue against Ares being given the areas of influence of Athena and Apollo: I uphold that there no actual reason to relate him to those areas, not that it's impossible. ninja  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:31 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn
It would take an entire paragraph for me to go through all of Zeus' functions, the same with Tyr. What I don't like is the trap people fall into where since one God was labeled one thing, you can't label other Gods that.

not to mention the fact that if you get along well enough with a deity, why not go to them for something you need, even if it's not on their "moves list".  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:32 pm
saint dreya
Deoridhe
riddle_box_juggalo

lol, and even better, when reading that post, the poke ball piccie with Romuel showed up in your sig.

gives a whole new meaning to "picking and choosing" your religion.

Odin, use Confusion!

xd Someday I will commission an artist to make PokeGods and collect all the Patriarchs.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:33 pm
saint dreya
Celeblin Galadeneryn

not to mention the fact that if you get along well enough with a deity, why not go to them for something you need, even if it's not on their "moves list".

I do that a LOT.

"Hey, Loki, um.... I need to focus. No, no, no, don't muck with my eyes - FOCUS. No, I don't need the sun setting that on fire. Focus... oh ******** it, I'm going to go talk to Frigga."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 pm
Deoridhe

xd Someday I will commission an artist to make PokeGods and collect all the Patriarchs.

"Loki, use Sneak Attack!"

Loki is not listening! Loki uses Laugh In Your Face! ...It was super effective!  

Lance Kibagari

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:36 pm
Deoridhe
saint dreya
Celeblin Galadeneryn

I do that a LOT.

"Hey, Loki, um.... I need to focus. No, no, no, don't muck with my eyes - FOCUS. No, I don't need the sun setting that on fire. Focus... oh ******** it, I'm going to go talk to Frigga."
I don't think I'll be asking a God whose main interaction with me is to poke me sharply in the head every so often to remind me that he's there for focus. gonk

No, I do that with Thor quite a bit.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces