Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
A bit of insight Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

patch99329

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:25 am
I admire the fact that many of you can have structured debates on the internet, to be honest.

I simply cannot, I am an articulate person, but I just can't construct anything properly online. Those that read my LJ will know how simple and unstructured my entries are.

In real life, it is a different matter. I can indeed hold my own in a debate very well ninja I can also remain very civil, and very formal.
However, cross me and this whole other side becomes visible. A friend of mine was on the recieving end of this on thursday. He's 6"2 and I'm tiny and weak, but gods above, he's scared of me now. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:38 am
A lot of you I had my first exposures to after I had already joined the guild. Most of the topics I didn't know about I only entered to ask questions about, didn't really debate on them because well, my knowledge set just wasn't in the right areas to do so.

I actually can't remember offhand which topics I met most of you in but I also have a truly abhorrent memory. sweatdrop  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:40 am
maenad nuri
When I started, Deo was the person to be scared of. I remember arguing with ...Mourning Dove? and randomly pming Deo to ask "Dude, am I okay here?" and being so damn nervous.

And then it was cool and I started posting in DYBIMs which was still in M&R at that point.
I remember CuAnnan being shocked that the PM I sent him after our first debate was actually a Thank You PM for such a lively and interesting discussion.

twisted That's when he linked me to the Rehab Guild.

Ah, for the good ol' days when I was torturing Deo, Nuri and Cu about Wica.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:31 pm
It's a strange feeling to explain. I tend to get very insecure about a proper way to ask questions to others I find intimidating, so I fret about it and get scared of saying the wrong thing or making a spectacle of myself.

I'm still not as confidant asking Cu yet, to be honest. Mainly because I had the over-hyped Irish heritage pride mindset for a while, so it still feels awkward... and my guess is that it's due to me still inwardly embarrassed at myself.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:28 pm
Taliah
It's a strange feeling to explain. I tend to get very insecure about a proper way to ask questions to others I find intimidating, so I fret about it and get scared of saying the wrong thing or making a spectacle of myself.
For the vast majority of people I deal with on Gaia, unless you're a complete idiot, a troll or someone who impressed me, I won't remember our last interaction.

Quote:
I'm still not as confidant asking Cu yet, to be honest. Mainly because I had the over-hyped Irish heritage pride mindset for a while, so it still feels awkward... and my guess is that it's due to me still inwardly embarrassed at myself.
Nothing wrong with being proud to be of Irish heritage, especially as it's expressed in American culture. The problem usually arises when it stops being about the history of your family and starts being about the base stereotypes.

Cu met my Nana who came over from Ireland when she was little. My Nana has a lot of pride in her heritage and I was raised with that- but the pride wasn't about "Oh look! Pretty knot work!" it was about the trials and tribulations that part of my family experienced when, as what amounted to Irish Criminals, we successfully carved out a life in the US.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:27 am
TeaDidikai
The problem usually arises when it stops being about the history of your family and starts being about the base stereotypes.

Sadly, it was starting to get that way. All the necklaces, shirts, and trinkets- though I still think the knot work is beautiful. But somehow it dawned on me how ridiculous I was being. Which was good, because I didn't like where that was leading me, now that I think about it.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:50 am
maenad nuri
When I started, Deo was the person to be scared of. I remember arguing with ...Mourning Dove? and randomly pming Deo to ask "Dude, am I okay here?" and being so damn nervous.

And then it was cool and I started posting in DYBIMs which was still in M&R at that point.

*giggles*

I remember when Wing started, you and I were cool, and he started picking fights with us. Gods he pissed me off.

Same with Tea. There were some sharp words in the beginning! I wish I'd saved links to those discussions. I think a bunch of people who know us all as a unit of friends would be shocked at how rocky the starts were.

We're all pretty strong minded. Early meetings are never easy until the power dynamics are worked out between strong minded people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 pm
Deoridhe

Same with Tea.
I pissed you off?

Quote:
There were some sharp words in the beginning!
There were? confused
Quote:

I wish I'd saved links to those discussions.
I have some of them...  

TeaDidikai

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 pm
TeaDidikai
Deoridhe

Same with Tea.
I pissed you off?

Quote:
There were some sharp words in the beginning!
There were? confused
Quote:

I wish I'd saved links to those discussions.
I have some of them...

I think you did.... maybe I'm misremembering?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:09 am
Deoridhe

I think you did.... maybe I'm misremembering?
It's completely possible. I just might not have noticed. I tend not to assume that just because someone is being direct that they're angry and have a dislike for me.  

TeaDidikai

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:03 am
Tea, can I ask something?

Did you ever lose a debate early on? Because I was talking with some people in Politics awhile ago and someone posted a link where supposedly he beat you at a debate. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:11 am
True Colours of Destiny
Tea, can I ask something?

Did you ever lose a debate early on? Because I was talking with some people in Politics awhile ago and someone posted a link where supposedly he beat you at a debate. sweatdrop
My early time on Gaia was less about debating and more about discussion.

The number of concessions I have had to make isn't terribly large, but without more information I can't say if he won or not.

Why not simply follow the link and judge for yourself?  

TeaDidikai

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:42 pm
i'll flat out say it.

tea, you terrify me.

yeah, i'm brand new to this guild, but i think it's why i'm in this newly found 'funk' i don't even know what i used to believe anymore. i feel like i'm starting all over, but now it's frustrating, instead of "yay something new" its more like *headdesk* "i was wrong about that too!" *charlie brown 'aaarrrgggg'*

WHY MUST MISINFORMATION BE SO WIDELY AVAILABLE AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE!!!! WWWWHHHHYYYYYY gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:35 pm
whiporwill-o
WHY MUST MISINFORMATION BE SO WIDELY AVAILABLE AND EASILY ACCESSIBLE!!!! WWWWHHHHYYYYYY gonk

To teach you a valuable lesson - everyone has motivations for doing and saying what they do. Figure out the motivations and you're a long way toward figuring out how far and how much you can trust what they say.  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Chaos Blue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:51 pm
I ... Don't see what's so terrifying about Tea. |:

EDIT: ...Although sometimes I think you're a tad difficult to approach. But. That's probably just because we don't talk. I tend to lurk, if anything. I should say more stuff.
ninja  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces