Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Shotacon: For or Against? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it really as terrible as it's made out to be?
  Yes!
  No!
  I am neutral.
View Results

FrikinChibi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:09 am
I kind of dislike it but neutral for the most part. I do like an age difference in yaoi though. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:31 am
For<3
I personally thinks its cute whee  

Jennita-Chan

AIRanimechiic

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:07 pm
Enzai Shiki3
For <3
Shota is one of my favourite genres.
It's ashame we haven't gotten much more than the Boku no Pico series D:

User Image

lol well theres the papa to kiss series and junjou romantica and egoist are definitely shota  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:25 pm
Enzai Shiki3
Forlornhope13
Sadly, I watch/read shota every so often. But it always makes me feel guilty, especially this crazy one with like a one year old baby. That was seriously omg.......bad.

That's not shota...that's toddlercon D:
Yes it has a name Dx

So, does that mean you've read that one or you just know of toddlercon?  

Forlornhope13

YueTheVampire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:25 pm
I'm not sure, I've never really read shouta, been kinda scared to read it. Is it bad to read that stuff? Would I get in trouble if someone finds out?? That is the thoughts that goes threw my head.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:19 pm
Forlornhope13

So, does that mean you've read that one or you just know of toddlercon?

I did come across one and read the first page out of curiosity, then I just closed it, I didn't want to see anymore D:
I'm not against people reading it, it's just not my thing.

I found out about the term from the replies the thread got.

@iOtakuChiic: Those arn't Shota.

Enzai Sebby3

Insignificant Observer

Liberal Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:31 pm
Well, not trying to insult anyone or start a fight, but it's really not my cup of tea and I'm passively against it. I mean, if you really want to read it, then that's your decision, but please don't try and get me into it. On the other hand it doesn't bother me if it's two people in their teens. I guess because most of the teenagers I know have already had sex, so it's not exactly shocking or scandalous to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 am
kyra-san
MMM DELICIOUS SHOTA IS DELICIOUS.

Imma shotacon.

*nods in total agreement*  

Tristan TK

black moon girl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:01 pm
I'm sorta nutrural on this one. I for one am not a fan of ***** pairings straight or whatever but oddly enough I came across only 2-3(because I like MoriXHunny and some may consider it shorta >.>;; )shorta series that I'm alright/like XDD Loveless and Boys Next Door I guess cause the ukes don't act childish enough to remind you of their age so I end up forgetting that they're like 10+ years younger than the seme....0__o;  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:52 pm
I think Shotacon is okay... But watching little under developed boys 'get up', is kinda a major turn off for me.  

lecoser

Romantic Conversationalist

RadRedRadio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:36 pm
Uh, can't say I'm a fan. It's called ***** if they're under 18.

Children should NOT be portrayed so sexually.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 pm
I was honestly surprised when I learned how many people (yaoi fans or not) were against Shota/Shotacon. I'm all for it, just so long as it's not like, a super huge or notciable age difference. I loved Papa To Kiss in the Dark, and Junjou Romantica; but things like Adults&children aren't my thing. Adults and teens however, is completely different 4laugh  

-Not A Cynic_Just Bored-

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:42 am
I am not for it, except loveless... I can understand that, cause Soubi is a *****. He works it well and it suits him Lols, I'm kidding he did say he was waiting for Ritsuka to grow up. Anyhow I am rambling, I digress I am for it.

Here's the reasons: I agree with that person on the first page on the term of children love.

Children... don't know what love actually is. They can't even begin to fathom it and yes I have heard them say different and make it sound mature, but it isn't about sex. It's not even about affection in a sense or even liking someone. Love is more ubiquitous than that, its bigger, an all around more chaotic emotion that borderlines on hate.

With a simple slip of deception love becomes hate. Children don't understand hate unless they are brought to that extreme from personal extreme abuse, such as:

Rape
Molestation by a loved one
Beatings

Mostly some violent stuff that makes the fear turn into rage and then gradually... over time... that matures into hate.

Children may claim to know that but Love is something that matures with the body, mind, and soul. It is an emotion that must stem, like hate, from some source and evolve over time. It isn't instant although in some cases an extreme like may be presented to a person. It isn't until the two people really begin to see the world together that a fondness can turn into love. Children cannot understand that, they cannot do it. As for adults, they understand and most have their regrets... which is sad to say but I know I do, and I know now what it means and I may not be in love yet but I know I am on my way.

Secondly: I do not enjoy the idea of a small feminine male with a much older, manly man. Why not just make it a girl at that point and call it straight. While I have no problems if the people are close in age, that is perfectly understandable; if they differ so signifigantly like oh say Papa Kiss in the Dark, which I loathed, then yes I have a problem with it. The kid is doing his dad! At like fourteen, while his dad is like what 30-40... that's a little weird. It makes that definately *****. Not to mention the generation gap there a relationship would be so much drama because of that.

I like men with men. Not girly looking men... actual men, nice lean men. Like Vincent and Sephiroth, see perfect match. Sephiroth is certainly not a child even though Vincent is like sixty Lols, he was asleep most of the time, so I forgive him. But the idea of a little boy and a grown man really bothers me. The child doesn't know what is happening really, no matter what they say, and the man is just a ***** no matter how nice he is, or presentable a character. If the child is a man, and they happen to be ten years apart, at least they truly understand what LOVE is, what signifigance that has, and how serious they are being. It isn't OMG I LOVE YOU!!!!11!!11!

Its more mature than that more meaninful and passionate.

Third: (Fun Fact) Ritsuka is acceptable as an example of a forcibly matured child. He is still a child but because of all the crap he has been through at least he understands to some degree wht love is and what exactly is blooming there for him and Soubi. He knows he's not ready, he knows he's not mature, but he does care for Soubi and that in my book is sweet, it is absolutely adorable. I accept it and yes Soubi is a creep XD

Fourth: I do not agree with children being used sexually, they are children! They should be treated better... At least let them grow up first.

As for a Shotacon, well if that's what they want they can do it. Its completely up to them, as long as there is no perjatory rape then its fine with me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:50 am
Dude Looks Like a Seme
I must say that I'm not crazy about shota, but I understand that it's an important part of Japanese culture because of the way samurai were brought up. In fact, my very favorite anime pairing has a shota side. I love Okita and Hijikata from Peacemaker Kurogane (and from history too, but those particular characters are my favorite anime pairing). The generally accepted story of their relationship is that Hijikata took Okita in to teach him when he was nine. Of course, they fell in love, and the 20-something Okita Souji in PMK is much younger than Hijikata. The age difference would have been more apparent when he was only nine, and there are doujinshi about that time.
Aww I love Okita and his master too, the are adorable together and they are MEN! lols, but yeah I don't think they were actually doing it while he was nine though and technically Hijikata gave him the sword when he was seven and told go kill someone. He did it. But you see they are older, yes there is an age difference but they aren't children. Okita is so cute I hearts him. He is so kickbutt. Its so sad when he gets sick though *Cries*  

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:00 am
I support all types of fiction/the imagination, be it in art or stories. Mpreg, Furries, Incest, and of course Shota. No matter how sick it is. Support doesn't mean I necessarily enjoy it.

Unless, in the case of Shota...

It's been derived from a real source.

I'm not a huge fan, but I've RPed/Read/Looked at Shotacon before with enjoyment but like most of you I have my limits on the age. Again it's fiction, and it's just exploring the different chemistry of people of different ages. Obviously a 10 year old can't love someone like a 20 year old can, and then there's always the who cares about love and it's just plain and simple rape/*****. But, we're in the world of fiction where people can have blue hair that's two feet high and fly.

The same rules that exist in real life don't exist in fiction, and I'd hope anyone with a healthy mind would know that and keep it where it belongs. In stories and art, not in photographs or actual acts.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff