Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The Best of British History Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:38 pm
Possibly.
But they don't call each other "sir knave" in that.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:29 am
Longbow UK
Quote:
It's won't just crumble. It will both be crumble and will run itself into debt and povery through this laughable war on terror.
I like to think that poor diplomatic favour will deliver the coup de grace and leave the door open for a more morally-minded and liberal nation or host of nations to step into the breach.

But remember that Iraq is the second largest source of oil in the world after Saudi Arabia. (Iran, which is next, has the third largest supply). One of the main purposes of this "war on terror" is for America to gain access to the oil in the middle-east. I can't honestly see America going bankrupt any time soon. As they succeed, they shall profit.

And no European nation will stand up to America. We're bound too closely to them as allies. As I said, if countries such as Britain, France etc. were to unite and make a stand then America would be in a bit of trouble, but that will never happen. Not unless the Americans really slip up and do something like invade China. xp

Maybe. But then, would any European country want to join bonds with China for that (except France maybe, they'll do anything for power. After all, half of them did join the Nazis when they found out it was all for world domination rolleyes )?  

Maskani

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:37 am
Maskani
Longbow UK
Quote:
It's won't just crumble. It will both be crumble and will run itself into debt and povery through this laughable war on terror.
I like to think that poor diplomatic favour will deliver the coup de grace and leave the door open for a more morally-minded and liberal nation or host of nations to step into the breach.

But remember that Iraq is the second largest source of oil in the world after Saudi Arabia. (Iran, which is next, has the third largest supply). One of the main purposes of this "war on terror" is for America to gain access to the oil in the middle-east. I can't honestly see America going bankrupt any time soon. As they succeed, they shall profit.

And no European nation will stand up to America. We're bound too closely to them as allies. As I said, if countries such as Britain, France etc. were to unite and make a stand then America would be in a bit of trouble, but that will never happen. Not unless the Americans really slip up and do something like invade China. xp

Maybe. But then, would any European country want to join bonds with China for that (except France maybe, they'll do anything for power. After all, half of them did join the Nazis when they found out it was all for world domination rolleyes )?

It wouldn't be a case of us helping China, it would be more of a case of us containing America. I could of used almost any neutral or friendly country as the example... my point was that the only way Europe would ever stand up to America is if they were to suddenly do something like invade a friendly country and show clear signs of world domination.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:40 am
Longbow UK
Maskani
Longbow UK
Quote:

It wouldn't be a case of us helping China, it would be more of a case of us containing America. I could of used almost any neutral or friendly country as the example... my point was that the only way Europe would ever stand up to America is if they were to suddenly do something like invade a friendly country and show clear signs of world domination.

Ah. My bad. Yeah, you're right on that one.  

Maskani

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:04 pm
Maskani
(except France maybe, they'll do anything for power. After all, half of them did join the Nazis when they found out it was all for world domination rolleyes )

..and they sold exocet to the Argentinians!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:48 pm
Maskani
Longbow UK
Maskani
Longbow UK
Quote:

Ah. My bad. Yeah, you're right on that one.

Or hit the source of the problem by having "Bill Hicks" and "Michael Moore" dvds replace america's history curriculum in a meagre attempt to educate the youth of today and the politicians of tomorrow...just a thought ninja  

stringedmessenger

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 6:46 pm
Just about every time we kicked the arse of another country.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:08 am
tombrend
Just about every time we kicked the arse of another country.

Psh, there are too many to list!  

Invictus_88
Captain

50ny4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:19 pm
The Victorian Age
and that is because: brilliant outfits, as i hear the best tea party's. eloquent, and we ruled like a lot of the world (that was so bloody brilliant and i hold it over my American friends when we get into debates about British and American history)

more details as soon as brainhurtz dies down (that may take a while...damn bloody school!!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:07 am
Well i'm quite partial to the 1700s and i suppose more specifically the area of colonialism in America which is i suppose not entirely British by it does involve several brave readcoats heading off to America to fight numerous foes (The French/ The Continental Army and others). Ideally i'd like to lecture in that area in the future but thats still a while away much to learn yet. It is dissappointing that our school didn't cover The Seven Years War/ The French and Indian War/ The Revoloutionary War but then again losing never goes down well.

smile  

coolness42

Arivel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:58 am
Wow... I've learned a lot... And my opinion of America has sunken even lower than it was before... amazing isn't it?...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:02 am
The time Boudicca, a seven foot tall beastly woman, led hundreds of naked men who had painted themselves blue against the Romans and actually did pretty well.  

cant_delete_accounts

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:34 pm
tombrend
The time Boudicca, a seven foot tall beastly woman, led hundreds of naked men who had painted themselves blue against the Romans and actually did pretty well.

They all died anyway though, I'm siding with empire.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:54 pm
Arivel
Wow... I've learned a lot... And my opinion of America has sunken even lower than it was before... amazing isn't it?...

But then again, it doesent take much for you to find a whole load of bad stuff about America, such as the american cia enployed Nazi War Crimminals to spy on the russians. They toppeled a Demoratic govermant in Iran for their oil, they supplied weapons to Al'qieda. They supported herion and opium trafficing in Vietnam (which made about 80,000 new addics out of their own soilder). I apologise for any spelling mistake and realise this is offtopic I just wanted to proove that anyones opinion of that loose affiliation of anti-islamic anti-non american bstards can get lower just by thinking the word america.  

Demonic Expert

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:28 am
Demonic Expert
Arivel

But then again, it doesent take much for you to find a whole load of bad stuff about America, such as the american cia enployed Nazi War Crimminals to spy on the russians. They toppeled a Demoratic govermant in Iran for their oil, they supplied weapons to Al'qieda. They supported herion and opium trafficing in Vietnam (which made about 80,000 new addics out of their own soilder). I apologise for any spelling mistake and realise this is offtopic I just wanted to proove that anyones opinion of that loose affiliation of anti-islamic anti-non american bstards can get lower just by thinking the word america.

Though there are parts of that comparable to British actions during the empire, I can safely state that the USA has none of the benevolent building of schools, establishment of impartial judicial systems or formation of civil service that the British tried to bring about.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff