Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coffee Stains & Crumpled Paper -- A Writers Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for writers of all kinds. 

Tags: writing, prose, poetry, writers, reading 

Reply Archives
[Prose] Where in the World? [Contest] OVER Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you stay on the train?
No
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Yes
90%
 90%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 22

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:49 pm
Kelethor
Rachet, Stelle said she wouldn't count the first paragraph, so when I did my word count I excluded it.

The new word count for your story is 712

And that's why I still have more to put in. I haven't been able to put a lot up at once, I use the public library computer, and I only get a FREAKING HALF HOUR A DAY!!!! stressed  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:57 pm
@Rachet, maybe you could just write it out by hand when you're not on the computer, and then once you do have comp. time just type it up when it's all finished and polished. That's how I write, first draft by hand, final typed.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

fallenangel_Asha

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:23 pm
Kelethor
Thanks for the comment on my story. I wasn't going to read the other entries, but I'd feel like I was being rude if I didn't read yours in return.

I liked how it was written more than I liked the plot. That's not saying the plot was bad, it was good for one thousand words, just not my taste. I suppose it's the hwole "Guys are less emotional" thing.

**Spoiler Comment**

God, two stories with suicide, we're going to depress the judges into putting us in last.

Few things, first of all, you totally shouldn't have felt obligated to read mine. I just love to read and I love the ideas that other people come up with (especially when we're all given the same information). But I appreciate the read and the comment, thanks!
Saying that you liked how it was written is a big enough ego boost for me. I used to write suicide stories a lot, not so much anymore. For some reason, the idea of riding the train to the next stop just stuck that idea in my head and I couldn't get away fro it. You like how I wrote it though, that really means a lot to me - Thanks!
Yeah, the judges are gonna hate us. But it was fun while it lasted, huh?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:10 pm
fallenangel_Asha
Kelethor
Thanks for the comment on my story. I wasn't going to read the other entries, but I'd feel like I was being rude if I didn't read yours in return.

I liked how it was written more than I liked the plot. That's not saying the plot was bad, it was good for one thousand words, just not my taste. I suppose it's the hwole "Guys are less emotional" thing.

**Spoiler Comment**

God, two stories with suicide, we're going to depress the judges into putting us in last.

Few things, first of all, you totally shouldn't have felt obligated to read mine. I just love to read and I love the ideas that other people come up with (especially when we're all given the same information). But I appreciate the read and the comment, thanks!
Saying that you liked how it was written is a big enough ego boost for me. I used to write suicide stories a lot, not so much anymore. For some reason, the idea of riding the train to the next stop just stuck that idea in my head and I couldn't get away fro it. You like how I wrote it though, that really means a lot to me - Thanks!
Yeah, the judges are gonna hate us. But it was fun while it lasted, huh?

Eh, Stelle's read worse than 2 suicides in a row. She's read a load of my stuff... and if you've read the Chronicles Chapter 1... it gets worse. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse. *shakes head* I have a dark, perverted and evil mind.

Yay!

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:01 am
Ack! I started writing for prompt 2 (it's popular, isn't it?)a while ago but put it on the shelf since the contest wasn't officially up yet XP
Had almost forgot about it... redface  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:16 am
Alrighy then ... where asre the prompts for this? Or is this contest finished?

Just curious since this is aq writers guild lol

Thanks!  

ProfessorKC

Rachetgirl11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am
I'm afraid I must retract my entry, for two reasons:

1: I did a word count, it came under 1,000, and if I go any further with this entry, I'll be handing out spoilers for my story, the Saga of the Valkyrie

2: I am NEVER going to get any more computer time. School starts TOMORROW, and I will never get back online after school starts.

I'm really sorry. I deleted my posts, to make room for people who actually can win this contest.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:48 pm
ProfessorKC
Alrighy then ... where asre the prompts for this? Or is this contest finished?

Just curious since this is aq writers guild lol

Thanks!

the prompts are on the first page, a few posts down. Read through all the posts though, all the rules and such are there.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:08 am
Errh, I'm sorry to say I have to call quits on this contest (if it's still going) DX Uni was tougher than I thought, so I'm going to be busy... correction, I should be doing homework now - I am busy T.T  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:34 am
That's too bad, the contest is still going though. It will most likely be open for quite a while, another month or two.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

starpocalypse

Tipsy Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:52 pm
Hello!

I just joined today, and already I'm joining a contest. XD

sweatdrop I just have to read everything over again...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:04 pm
Stella Cadenti
Heavy curtains are closed over the windows at the far wall of the room, they're a deep burgundy colour. An antique sofa in the same colour sits against the left wall adjacent to the window. Rich pillows are strewn over it in a haphazard manner. The floor is a dark wood, covered in the center of the room by a lighter, cream coloured carpet. The only other furniture in the room is a wide bookcase set against the wall opposite the sofa, and two small end tables on either side of the sofa.

Question -- is this room still in the train? x_x

What kind of train is this, as well? =o

starpocalypse

Tipsy Gekko

Violet Mascara

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:22 pm
Yay, contests! XD

I love contests, but not for the prizes. I usually don't look forward to those, anyway. >w<'' Proses are the best, they give me motivation. I think I will work on the third one... or the second one... but the second one is popular, and I'm strange about things like that. Even if the contest isn't still going on I'm going to work on it. xD

... Though I do hope it's still going on. If not insert a million head-desks and a sore brain for not joining earlier. >w<

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:24 am
I'm not so sure why everyone says the second prompt is popular, so far I'm the only one who has used it. Well, I guess there are still only 2 official entries though, huh? Oh well. biggrin  

fallenangel_Asha

Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces