A musician's guild! 

Tags: musicians, music, instruments, bands 

Reply The Music Artists Guild
Music as a career? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you tought of a career within music?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:54 am
I was talking about true rockers.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:46 pm
Ferrum Sanctus
I was talking about true rockers.

Are you implying that I'm not a true rocker? What's your definition of "true rock"?  

Septdactyly

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:32 am
Obviously, I don't know you. But as far as I can tell, no you're not a true rocker.
And I'm not going to talk about definitions here, it's gonna start a ******** war.
Because that's the way Gaia is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:42 am
Eh, here's my attempt to get this thread back on topic! sweatdrop

Next year, I'll be going to college with a major in music education; I'd like to teach high school orchestra, then get my doctorate. I considered having violin performance as my major, but I think I could do a lot more good if I spread music to children. Plus, I've seen many (younger) people who have majored in performance begin to hate their instruments. I think I'd be a lot happier if I were a teacher and not a full-blown performer.  

Spainstateofmind

Septdactyly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:50 pm
What's your logic behind that argument? Unless you somehow know my musical experience and can gauge my musical ability over the internet, you really have no basis for a statement such as that.

From what I've seen, I've played guitar longer than you. I am currently in a Prog Metal band (which means technical if you can't comprehend what I mean) and I believe that's more than you can say.

Elitists such as yourself should know their limitations, and obviously analysis of one's character over the internet is not your strong suit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:09 am
Sooo... About this guy here who's assuming peoples genre in society, because of music they play/listen to, and calling them all a bunch of promiscuous, nymphomaniacs who sit around, do nothing but smoke pot, and write the best music his virgin little ears have ever heard...

Yeah... About him...

The guy who's going to claim all that and then not even bother to back up his obviously loaded assertions, because he "doesn't want to start a war". No, sorry buddy. You start an argument off by insulting someone and basing it around definition, then definition is what you talk about. You're a p***y and an ignorant bigot. Get over yourself.

On a much lighter note, I'd LOVE to profess with music. That being said however, I'm never going to have it be my prime occupation. That kind of job is too fickle, and unless you really hit it big time, you're never going to be making enough money to live off from. Nope, gonna go into Mechanical and Electrical engineering most likely. And... I dunno... Teaching musical classes in school just doesn't sound enjoyable to me. It'd sound like more of a chore, and that would deteriorate my appreciation of music in a hurry...

DbuyC

Ferrum Sanctus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:42 am
tl:dr... Seriously, I don't want to talk about it right now.
I don't _have_ to talk about it right now.
But, I'll say this. I was talking about people _I SEE_ as true rockers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:35 pm
I used to think about it, but I realized that I love music because when I play it is just me and my music. If I wanted a career in it then it would involve more than just me.  

zeula

mr_phresh_singer

4,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:00 am
yes i love music and people say why not do stuff you love  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:48 am
You don't have to talk about it, but whatever your obviously distorted view of what rock really, you must realize it's really offensive, especially coming from someone who listens to black metal and has only played guitar for a year or so.

And black metal is fine, sure, for angst ridden lower class citizens who need a bad guy to look up to. That's why Norwegians love it. I guess middle and upper class could love it also, but they would just be posers.....or just braindead.

And also, I'm sure you're fine at guitar. You probably receive lessons, and you are either as good or better than me. That really doesn't grant you power over other guitarists/musicians.

You don't have any say as to who is a rocker and who isn't, so don't go around spouting off your preconceived notions and arrogant blather.

It's offensive and annoying.

(A.K.A you suck)  

Septdactyly

C0FFIN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:18 pm
H ippie P anda
When I was really young I decided I was going to grow up and become a rockstar. However I eventually decided that sex drugs and rock and roll weren't really my things. Since about my freshman year in high school I have always hoped to obtain an obscure level of fame in music.

Which is a goofy dream I think we all have, however all I'm saying is that I'd like to be buying a pair of jeans and over hear someone telling their friend that they saw me playing a coffee shop a while ago and I was pretty good.

((Real time goal for money makings though is custom printed tees.))
User Image
Praise to Him With Strings...

Sex, drugs, and rock n' roll are my thing. Well, save the drugs part...I just enjoy watching high people fall down or screw up after boasting about their amazing guitar skill when high.

I plan to either be in a band that melts faces on a global scale or be a studio guitarist/ session player. For those that don't know the studio guitarist is the guy that blows your mind most of the time when you listen to your band's CD. Session players usually record all of the tracks on the CD cause they are amazing and do nothing but sit around and record music all day, all the time. Which is sad cause then you end up where we have today where truly great players are wasting their talents on making smucks famous. I can't tell you how many times you see an new artist preform live these days after hear their CD and being disappointed at how badly they suck by comparison.

...oh, by the way I'm Awesome!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:07 am
I'm starting a music degree in sept. and after that plan to have a career as a musician.
From talking to various musicians (mainly music teachers), it seems the best way to have a successful carrier in music is to diversify. That is, to mix performing, teaching and whatever else you do. This is because, especially in modern times though really it's true of all eras, one aspect of music alone cannot bring in a decent income unless you're at the top of your league - which it's highly unlikely you will be, starting out at least.  

Galamian

iBullet_Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm
Oh yes definitely,
Just need another writer
Hard to find one in this 2 star town
=P  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:50 pm
I'm only 15 and not yet a greatly skilled guitarist partially due to not having much lessons. i learn really quick it seems, but its just that i havent had much to learn to be as good as most others. but i am in a band with some of my very best friends and things are doing ok. Ive always my whole life wanted to play music in a rock band and make it big. But i probably wont ever make it big enough to support myself or a family with out atleast a part time job, but i still want music to be my career. wahmbulance  

coolman-guy-person

Arc En Licorne

5,300 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:42 pm
i wanna be a crime scene investigator when i get older, but i still wish that someday i could be a singer or an actress but not in movies, like on Broadway. they sing on Broadway so i consider it as a career in music. i realize that it will never come true, but a girl can hope right?  
The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff