Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Theoretical question about the Emperor. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Emperor: Live, Die or Reincarnate?
Live
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Die
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Reincarnate
40%
 40%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 35

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:47 pm
The Tau? I doubt it, it would be the Orks, Tyranids and Necrons who do the most damage if Mankind loses its ability to coordinate and travel quickly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:08 pm

It'll go back to the good old days, aka the 10k(?) years where the Imperium was closed off from Terra. We'll be plagued from all sides by horrible forces. Some sectors will be annihilated, others will band together to form new areas. If a new Emperor is born, splendid. Woop-dee-doo. He'll be skinned alive by all of the psychopaths out to make him a god.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shadow_of_Malus

Romantic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:59 am
Death Sharpie
I love this whole "If the Imperium falls, we are all doomed!"

I personally think, if the Imperium falls, within the next thousand years, the Tau would slowly start taking over the galaxy. Being a race that is not Pysker potent, they have little chance of being corrupt. For the humans and other races not corrupted from the Emperor dieing and Daemons coming out from every where, would run towards the Tau for protection, but a lot, not sure how many, humans will not agree.

These humans, will either A. be devoured by Demons, b.taken over by Tau by force, c. will form new empires, D. will try to make a glorious last stand as the Imperium. As for Marines, I have very little clue to what they would do, maybe start making Guerrilla tactics against the Tau. The Inquisition......have no idea what they will try to do, and would rather not go there.

but in the end, we truly have no idea what would happen in the aftermath of the Emperor dieing, or if he would die at all.

...That is interesting idea, it sounds like it could be right, but as you said we never really know till it happens.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:53 pm
According to one book once the Emperor is allowed to die his soul will enter the warp to do battle and destroy the Chaos Gods, but I think that book is now as the same canonical level as squats, Star child, and Sensei.  

luftwafe

3,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:47 pm
Squats are canon, the rest isn't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:49 pm
Lt. Brookman
Squats are canon, the rest isn't.
Well, we know out of the 5th edition book that the Emperor's being travels in the warp and does battle with Daemons, there's a reference to the fact on page 101.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:10 pm
Yes, but the Sensei and Star Child are a load of poorly written 80's crap.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:31 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
Kaori Kapoigne
Fan theories suck.
Fan theories take a turn for worse when they are accepted as canon, which happens all the time. If people would just keep that fact straight it can be amusing to see idiots whine about the Emperor wanting peace with the Eldar (lie), the Emperor being a God (LIE) and Horus being the one sitting on the Golden Throne now (******** LIES).
I heard that the Emperor is actually an Empress, Horus is still alive, all the Primarchs will return for a family reunion and the Empress had tea and scones with Eldrad. The Empress also gave birth to a slew of children who are the sensei and they are hunted by the illuminati so they can be sacrificed and turned into a new host body for the empress. The void dragon sleeps inside mars and will some day awaken to eat terra. talk2hand

lol that is the best fan theory i've ever heard.  

Tai Strife

Tai Strife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:48 am
I did a bit of digging into this topic, and i managed to find something from the Daemonhunters codex that throws a new perspective on the question of what will happen to the Emperor.

On page 10 where it talks about Inquisitors; there is a bit about the game history with the group of Inquisitors known as the Thorians who take their name from Sebastian Thor, who in the game universe is a Saint that overthrew Lord Vandire during the Age of Apostasy (which also creates the Sisters of Battle and the Adeptus Sororitas) Now the Thorians believe that the Emperor was acting through Thor and in turn believe that if a person of suitable pietyand holiness can be found then The Emperor can be ressurected through this vessel.

I actually think this would be a good way to go with the Emperor. If they ever do release something that might touch upon a final battle or if they ever release a codex that contains the story of The Emperor then maybe this would be a good way to create a story. But thats just me  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:35 pm
It doesn't matter one way or the other! The all powerful Emperor of Mankind will never die, he will live on forever! Once he has regained his strength he will awake from his slumber and conquer all Xenos, all Heretics and all who oppose the Imperium of Man. Until then all we can do is give our lives as he has given his and to suggest otherwise would be heresy!

Lol, I have no idea. I remember reading in one of the Gaunt's Ghosts books that the men of Tanith picked up rumors that since the 41st is drawing to a close the emperor was going to finally get off the throne. So a rumor in a book about some fictional characters hearing about a rumor... probly the least creditable.  

[-Captain Obvious-]

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 pm
I think an interesting question is, when the Atronomicon fails, if it indeed does, how long will it take the soldiers of the Imperium spread all across the galaxy to figure it out, and what will happen to any vessels within the Warp when it happens. Just something that pinged in the back of my brain.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:00 pm
o_x_Shifty_x_o
I think an interesting question is, when the Atronomicon fails, if it indeed does, how long will it take the soldiers of the Imperium spread all across the galaxy to figure it out, and what will happen to any vessels within the Warp when it happens. Just something that pinged in the back of my brain.

There's a part in the timeline located in the 5th Ed rulebook where there was a temporary "hiccup" in the Astronomicon. One thousand ships were flung free of their course and either destroyed or sent back out as daemon ships.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Preliat Militis

Enduring Cultist

11,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:10 pm
What page was that? I wouldn't mind reading on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:29 pm
Caleidah

It'll go back to the good old days, aka the 10k(?) years where the Imperium was closed off from Terra. We'll be plagued from all sides by horrible forces. Some sectors will be annihilated, others will band together to form new areas. If a new Emperor is born, splendid. Woop-dee-doo. He'll be skinned alive by all of the psychopaths out to make him a god.

The only problem I see with that, is that other races will still use the warp, while the Imperium wont be. As it currently stands alot of places will simply starve to death without Agri worlds. The Necrons, Tyranids, Orks, Tau, Eldar and Chaos will still be a problem.

They don't use the Astronomican, so they're not hindered. Unlike when the galaxy was cut off by savage warp storms, no one could really do much by traveling through the warp.

Except, Humanity is basically screwed without a new Emperor, and as Mac said. The Webway gate which the Emperor currently sits on will be opened, and Terra will fall.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Is a good Neko

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:06 pm
My stand on the God Emperor is that he is alive, and of course he is most likely slowly dying. The reason you can tell he is still alive is of course the ability to use ‘safe’ (Note: When I say ‘safe’ I do not actually mean ‘safe’ in all sense of the word.) When he does die I support the theory that the God Emperor would become a Warp God. Which he could still supply the Imperium with Warp Travel, and perhaps even more aid than before?
However, I am an Imperium Fan Boy, I only play with Imperium Players as my allies and I only play Imperium myself.

Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff