Reply Extended Discussion
Death of an Abortion Doctor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is late abortion right or wrong?
  All abortion is wrong.
  I think abortion is the decision of the mother, however, I stand against late abortion.
  Abortion is a personal decision, early or late, and is the right of the mother.
  I'm not sure exactly what late abortion is.
View Results

Angel of the End

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:17 pm
Lucifer Over London
Another fact you simpletons are overlooking is that the vast majority of the late-term abortions Dr. Tiller performed were on women whose fetuses had either developed fatal conditions in-utero or had conditions (like brain defects) that were not detectable in earlier stages of pregnancy. In these cases the fetus was either not-viable or had a diagnosis that indicated certain death within days of birth. The only exception to this rule was in cases where the heath of the mother was severely threatened. One of his most well-known patients was a 9-year old girl who was impregnated in the course of being sexually abused by a relative.

I agree those cases were justified. Alot probably are, if I was going to be born with some aweful defect, or my mother could of died, I would of prefered to have been late aborted. Some however, are not... but for the cases like what you spoke of, yes, it was a better thing than having allowed the birth to happen (in which maybe the child would of died anyway). However, being a girl myself in a long term relationship, and seeing how I love children and nothing makes me more sad than hearing a child cry... it doesn't seem ok for women to have a baby, their child, in themselves for five or more months when there is no threat and nothing wrong with it, and then to have it aborted because they changed their mind late in the game. Hair, little finger nails.... I don't understand how anyone who had ever held a child before could do that to their own. So, just to say, what you said above, I do agree with, because if was going to have a child that could possibly kill me or have a terrible brain defect, I would rather spare my child than force them to live through life either without a mom or with a horrible defect.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:34 pm
I think that he didnt deserve death. Its the mother's choice to keep or give up the child. Though i dont agree with doing it so late into teh pregnanacy, I still stand by its the mother's choice.  

loveAkiochan

Hygienic Sex Symbol

6,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Lucifer Over London
Another fact you simpletons are overlooking is that the vast majority of the late-term abortions Dr. Tiller performed were on women whose fetuses had either developed fatal conditions in-utero or had conditions (like brain defects) that were not detectable in earlier stages of pregnancy. In these cases the fetus was either not-viable or had a diagnosis that indicated certain death within days of birth. The only exception to this rule was in cases where the heath of the mother was severely threatened. One of his most well-known patients was a 9-year old girl who was impregnated in the course of being sexually abused by a relative.

What you are overlooking is the number of innocent lives he took as well. Also, why was it nessicary to abort the baby late term in the case of the nine year old? If they were going to abort it, why did they feel the need to wait so long? Was she still being abused at that time?

Also realize that the "blob of cells" has a heart that beats, and by the time many late term abortions are performed, it has nerves to feel pain. They don't get anethetic or pain killers, and the way late term abortions are done, they cannot make it painless for the baby.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:38 am
Requiem Dare
What you are overlooking is the number of innocent lives he took as well.

Straw man.

Requiem Dare
Also, why was it nessicary to abort the baby late term in the case of the nine year old? If they were going to abort it, why did they feel the need to wait so long? Was she still being abused at that time?

The only late terms he performed were in the situation I described above. Contrary to what you pro-life morons think, people don't just go out and get late term abortions as a form of birth control.

Requiem Dare
Also realize that the "blob of cells" has a heart that beats, and by the time many late term abortions are performed, it has nerves to feel pain. They don't get anethetic or pain killers, and the way late term abortions are done, they cannot make it painless for the baby.

Are you a doctor? Until you are, shut the ******** up.  

Lucifer Over London

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm
Lucifer Over London

Requiem Dare

I don't have to be a doctor to read, I am not that stupid. If you're so brilliant, go do some research. Late term abortions occur at 12 weeks or later (different sources state different times that define the abortions as late. Often it occurs around the 20th week.) The baby's heart beats long before that. 21 days after conception, actually. I am not a moron, and, though I am also not a doctor, I am able to read.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:37 pm
Requiem Dare
Lucifer Over London

Requiem Dare

I don't have to be a doctor to read, I am not that stupid. If you're so brilliant, go do some research. Late term abortions occur at 12 weeks or later (different sources state different times that define the abortions as late. Often it occurs around the 20th week.) The baby's heart beats long before that. 21 days after conception, actually. I am not a moron, and, though I am also not a doctor, I am able to read.

Way to ignore the relevant parts of my post. rolleyes  

Lucifer Over London

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:18 pm
Quote:
Requiem Dare Wrote:
Also, why was it nessicary to abort the baby late term in the case of the nine year old? If they were going to abort it, why did they feel the need to wait so long? Was she still being abused at that time?

The only late terms he performed were in the situation I described above. Contrary to what you pro-life morons think, people don't just go out and get late term abortions as a form of birth control.

You also didn't answer my question. I wanted to know why they performed it late term instead of early, when they found out she was pregnant. If the child was going to be inbred and carried by a nine-year-old, and they were going to abort it, why did they not do it sooner?

Also, in an earlier post you said it was a vast majority. Now you say all the late terms were cases such as these. Which is it? All, or most?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:25 pm
Requiem Dare
Quote:
Requiem Dare Wrote:

You also didn't answer my question. I wanted to know why they performed it late term instead of early, when they found out she was pregnant. If the child was going to be inbred and carried by a nine-year-old, and they were going to abort it, why did they not do it sooner?

I don't know specifics of that case. I doubt details were released, due to doctor patient confidentiality, and the sensitivity of the case. It was an abuse case, maybe they didn't find out about it until much later. Who would suspect a 9 year old girl of even being capable pregnant? Maybe there were complications due to her age. Her father is the one who impregnated her. As the legal guardian it wouldn't be that difficult to conceal for months.
The point is, whatever argument you bother with, you're wrong.  

Lucifer Over London

Requiem Dare

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:30 pm
Lucifer Over London

I don't know specifics of that case. I doubt details were released, due to doctor patient confidentiality, and the sensitivity of the case. I was an abuse case, maybe they didn't find out about it until much later. Who would suspect a 9 year old girl of even being capable pregnant? Maybe there were complications due to her age. Her father is the one who impregnated her. As the legal guardian it wouldn't be that difficult to conceal for months.
The point is, whatever argument you bother with, you're wrong.

I was asking, not arguing. I only wanted to know why they didn't do it sooner. You can't tell me I'm wrong when you don't even know what the argument is, or if there is one.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:48 pm
Lucifer Over London
Another fact you simpletons are overlooking

Well look at you trying to sound like Mr. Lahdeedah arch fiend.  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:17 pm
Requiem Dare

The heart doesn't start beating until about five weeks after conception. Before that point, it's still forming, and I'm pretty sure it continues to form into a more "complex state" even after it begins beating.

Before that, it's pretty much just a blob of cells that just act as sort of precursor tissues to more complex structures which will come in the future.

Requiem Dare
What you are overlooking is the number of innocent lives he took as well...

Would their lives really have been worth living in their conditions? Had the babies he had aborted truly have had horrible debilitating conditions, would it really have been better to let them live? What kind of life would those children have end up having in the end?

They would also be a burden upon all parties involved with taking care of the child. Maybe they wouldn't view it as a burden, but if there was no need to take care of them, think of what else your tax dollars could be doing...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:47 pm
XWraith_LordX

The heart doesn't start beating until about five weeks after conception. Before that point, it's still forming, and I'm pretty sure it continues to form into a more "complex state" even after it begins beating.

Before that, it's pretty much just a blob of cells that just act as sort of precursor tissues to more complex structures which will come in the future.

I've always heard it was sooner than that, and I looked it up on Wikipedia, that's where I got my date. Wikipedia could be wrong though. Thank you for clarifying that.
XWraith_LordX

Would their lives really have been worth living in their conditions? Had the babies he had aborted truly have had horrible debilitating conditions, would it really have been better to let them live? What kind of life would those children have end up having in the end?

They would also be a burden upon all parties involved with taking care of the child. Maybe they wouldn't view it as a burden, but if there was no need to take care of them, think of what else your tax dollars could be doing...

I believe that they still deserve a chance to live, but I do understand where you're coming from. I don't want to bring religion into this, because things always seem to get ugly when people do, but I think that maybe God made them that way for a reason, maybe to teach people something somehow. I won't try to force my beliefs on that on you, I just want to tell you that's what I believe.

I know that not everybody believes in God, but I do, and that's part of the reason I think that, along with some ethics. By the time they often perform late term abortions, the baby can feel pain. From what I've read about it, it does not sound at all pain free. Maybe it's quick, I don't know exactly how long a late term abortion takes, but you can't tell me that this is painless.

I also still think that abortion is killing, and I really am not going to change my mind on that, or my stance. Unless it's absolutely nessicary for the health of the mother, I am still against it. I can see your point, Wraith, but that doesn't mean that I agree. Again, though, you can take the bit on God, or you can leave it. It's entirely up to you.

Requiem Dare

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:24 am
Requiem Dare
XWraith_LordX

I've always heard it was sooner than that, and I looked it up on Wikipedia, that's where I got my date. Wikipedia could be wrong though. Thank you for clarifying that.
XWraith_LordX

I believe that they still deserve a chance to live, but I do understand where you're coming from. I don't want to bring religion into this, because things always seem to get ugly when people do, but I think that maybe God made them that way for a reason, maybe to teach people something somehow. I won't try to force my beliefs on that on you, I just want to tell you that's what I believe.

I know that not everybody believes in God, but I do, and that's part of the reason I think that, along with some ethics. By the time they often perform late term abortions, the baby can feel pain. From what I've read about it, it does not sound at all pain free. Maybe it's quick, I don't know exactly how long a late term abortion takes, but you can't tell me that this is painless.

I also still think that abortion is killing, and I really am not going to change my mind on that, or my stance. Unless it's absolutely nessicary for the health of the mother, I am still against it. I can see your point, Wraith, but that doesn't mean that I agree. Again, though, you can take the bit on God, or you can leave it. It's entirely up to you.

I hope you're right about God then. =)

I'm not sure that I'm really for late abortion at all, because at the point the baby's at, it doesn't sound 100% right to me. They should get it early on. One thing I'm not sure about either is whether or not there are disorders which can only be detected late in the pregnancy, and then what to do about that...because if you have a child with an uncurable illness but it can only be detected late in the pregnancy, then what to do with that situation isn't exactly clear for me. I've got to think about that one more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:13 pm
Requiem Dare
Lucifer Over London

What you are overlooking is the number of innocent lives he took as well. Also, why was it nessicary to abort the baby late term in the case of the nine year old? If they were going to abort it, why did they feel the need to wait so long? Was she still being abused at that time?

Thank you.... <-- not saying this to be rude to other person, but just saying it kindly to the statement above  

Angel of the End

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:15 am
Interesting fact I recently found out.

It is possible to go through the menstration cycle whilst pregnant, that is what happened to my sister a short while ago, she was rushed to hospital, she gave birth, she suffered INCREDIBLE mental anguish, she never had any intention of being a mother at any point in her life, it wasn't detectable in her in any way shape or form it just happened.

She's decided to keep him though.

HOWEVER are those pro-lifers saying that in such situations where there are no signs early on, that the mother should go through severe mental anguish that not just upsets her, but can cause upset among the whole family aswell?

Also just a point, Pro-Lifers... do you eat eggs?  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff