Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.
Designated Fox Hunting Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:41 pm
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

I find it hard to believe that true communism is at all compatible with any of the stances I've seen you convey.

andsolosaid
Druggy - ''I can't stop, it's like a disease. Once you've got it, there is no cure''

Me - ''Well, I would have equally as little sympathy for someone who injects themselves with polio''

There's a difference between having no sympathy for things a person has brought upon themselves and believing they should die for their mistakes.

It doesn't matter now. >.> I made him quit the guild, or so someone told me. I think he was trying to make me feel guilty. ~Shrug~
i dont see him on the member list and this guild is no longer in his list of guilds...  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:07 pm
Mr. Bono Vox
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

I find it hard to believe that true communism is at all compatible with any of the stances I've seen you convey.

andsolosaid
Druggy - ''I can't stop, it's like a disease. Once you've got it, there is no cure''

Me - ''Well, I would have equally as little sympathy for someone who injects themselves with polio''

There's a difference between having no sympathy for things a person has brought upon themselves and believing they should die for their mistakes.

It doesn't matter now. >.> I made him quit the guild, or so someone told me. I think he was trying to make me feel guilty. ~Shrug~
i dont see him on the member list and this guild is no longer in his list of guilds...

And do you want to know my personal opinion? Being totally and completely brutally honest. I don't believe he acted like a GBG member. He acted like an annoying child. I see this as some pathetic attempt at trying to make me feel guilty, and I know he's watching because his mule is still a member, so I'll say with complete and brutal honesty... again: I don't care. ~Shrug~ Yes, I will confirm everyone's suspicions. I am an apathetic b*****d(unless you're one of the lucky one's who got on my good side), and I quite like it that way. Had it been anyone else, I might feel bad.. but it's Owen.  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:22 am
Blue Elec
I think I should say I am Naive, narrow-minded pessimistic and easily influenced in my opinions by my friends. I don't know enough about any political issues and try to make jokes about everything. For the longest time I thought "Hey, I'm just a kid. My opinion doesn't matter and nobody will listen to me anyway." and it's hard to shake that feeling. I probably shouldn't joke about what I don't understand.

I wasn't attacking you; this is all just a major misunderstanding that was my fault.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:32 am
Timeless Visage
Mr. Bono Vox
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

andsolosaid

And do you want to know my personal opinion? Being totally and completely brutally honest. I don't believe he acted like a GBG member. He acted like an annoying child. I see this as some pathetic attempt at trying to make me feel guilty, and I know he's watching because his mule is still a member, so I'll say with complete and brutal honesty... again: I don't care. ~Shrug~ Yes, I will confirm everyone's suspicions. I am an apathetic b*****d(unless you're one of the lucky one's who got on my good side), and I quite like it that way. Had it been anyone else, I might feel bad.. but it's Owen.

Well, people are free to come and go as they please. Though I'm pleased that the Guild still has an integrity and pride, and rightly so. The Guild has a sound reputation and a good history.

Personally though, I'll not cheer his departure. I'm treating it more as the departure of a prodigal son, I hope he'll come back. I might remind those here who don't regard him very highly of the fact that when the powers that be were trying to have me unjustly banned from Gaia and appeared to be victimising members of this Guild, it was he that helped form the GATMOB and he that invested 20,000g in a secret Guild from which we could conduct our operations.

He is essentially a good chap and I hope that he will return at some point refreshed and happy to conduct himself in his own way without causing the tensions that he has caused before.

Invictus_88
Captain

Mr. Bono Vox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:00 am
Timeless Visage
Mr. Bono Vox
Timeless Visage
Foetus In Fetu
andsolosaid
*Is a communist*

andsolosaid

well i do not cheer his departure either.. he is a good guy and i dont like the fact that you pushed him from the guild. he invested 20k of his own gold into the GATMOB guild to give us a place where we would be safe to talk. any time i have happened to discuss anythin with him he has been fine with me.. i suggest that it may be something wrong with you.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:19 pm
I don't want to get involved, but I am a crew member so I'll say that I think it's best to drop the subject before it causes any fissures within the guild. -- What goes on between Sean and Owen is between them, even if it happens publicly, so it might not be best for the rest of us to comment on their relationship (Owen's departure is a different issue, and can be commented on without causing additional strain, in my opinion).

I'm not going to speculate on why Owen really decided to leave the guild, because I don't know. I don't know Owen that well, and we have had disagreements, but none have been personal. I think it's sad that whatever's going on has lead to longstanding members of this guild feeling that they should leave for whatever reason and whomever is at fault, and I hope that whatever the issue is it will resolve itself in time. That's all I'm going to say about it.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:22 pm
Oh it'll resolve.

We're the GBG, everything always works out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:23 pm
Foetus In Fetu
I don't want to get involved, but I am a crew member so I'll say that I think it's best to drop the subject before it causes any fissures within the guild. -- What goes on between Sean and Owen is between them, even if it happens publicly, so it might not be best for the rest of us to comment on their relationship (Owen's departure is a different issue, and can be commented on without causing additional strain, in my opinion).

I'm not going to speculate on why Owen really decided to leave the guild, because I don't know. I don't know Owen that well, and we have had disagreements, but none have been personal. I think it's sad that whatever's going on has lead to longstanding members of this guild feeling that they should leave for whatever reason and whomever is at fault, and I hope that whatever the issue is it will resolve itself in time. That's all I'm going to say about it.

*Ahem* Indeed...
His mules are still about though, by the way.

Nebelstern
Crew

Blue Elec

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:31 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Blue Elec
I think I should say I am Naive, narrow-minded pessimistic and easily influenced in my opinions by my friends. I don't know enough about any political issues and try to make jokes about everything. For the longest time I thought "Hey, I'm just a kid. My opinion doesn't matter and nobody will listen to me anyway." and it's hard to shake that feeling. I probably shouldn't joke about what I don't understand.

I wasn't attacking you; this is all just a major misunderstanding that was my fault.

I know, but i thought I should say that anyway  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:28 am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/today/vote/2006vote/vote_index.shtml

biggrin  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 am
Invictus_88

biggrin

Nay.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:08 pm
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

biggrin

Nay.

Aye.  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:25 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88

biggrin

Nay.

Aye.

So you agree with me then? ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:15 pm
Reposted from Great (?) British Laws.

ice_illusion
But foxes are not innocent and they hunt for fun too. Anyone who disagrees is welcome to the duck heads in my mothers freezer. (I'm sure theres a sane reason).

Most definitions of 'innocent' generally encompass those who have no sense of moral right or wrong; in that sense, foxes would be innocent. Either way, I don't think you can practise eye-for-eye here.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

SiX sHaDes oF hElL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:44 pm
Invictus_88

biggrin

Oh honestly.
I tend to think it's our fault fox numbers are so high. After all, we did take over their habitat.
We have a fox down our road, which we feed. So it doesn't rip open bin bags.

The Politics Subforum, it was -almost- inevitable.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games