Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Electric Uncle Akuma

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:03 pm
I'm in Fenton Michigan.
Like, dead in the middle.
There're no ska-kids 'round here either. One of my friends, and Me. confused
But, there's a bunch a' ska shows to hit around me, so its sweet.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:10 am
Southern Maryland, surrounded by hicks and rich kids, it sucks, I have my friends around here that listen to ska and true punk and s**t, but theres not many  

Mrs. Happy Pants

Noriko_Mimura

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:14 pm
North Dakota.
Fargo.

I'm one of maybe five ska fans in my town. scream
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:58 pm
Northeaster Pa here.

A good ska scene in months that are not wintery.  

409 in your coffee

Asthen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:12 pm
i'm about fifteen minutes away from detroit, michigan.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm
Harper Woods, Mi  

NoFingersMcKenzi

Asthen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:37 pm
yay michigan. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:29 pm
Lyd
New York, about 40 minutes from the city.

There's a good amout of ska around, including a couple of local bands.

LI or upstate?  

UreshiiNyoko

twoshoes42

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:23 pm
I'm from Bay City, MI. Pretty much if I want to see a good show I have to drive 2 hours to Detroit. There is one pretty awesome local ska band though, and they're coming back from the dead at the end of the month. biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:53 am
Long Beach, California
Home of Sublime, (so everyone and thier mom has a t-shirt) and a couple other bands. Not many REAL ska fans, although like I said everyone and their mom listens to Sublime. Everyone at my highschool was into hip-hop or the fashion hardcore stuff. But those kids were actually gangsters ( i went to the school Snoop Dog dropped out of... and Snoop Dog owes me like $200)
Down in Anaheim there's a nice all ages place called Chain Reaction and they usually have about two ska shows a month, and up in L.A. theres the knitting factory which has "The Bluebeat Lounge" every tuesday.
You guys should start seeing more and more ska shows, I've noticed that more and more of the local high school bands are going either ska, or at least a ska/raggae influenced style... So there's a chance we may soon have a 4th wave on our hands....

Also, for those of you in the bay area, have you ever been to Gilman? There seem to be a pretty good number of ska shows there...  

DarkVice

Isabeya

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:08 am
gonk

Missouri anyone?

Stupid Midwest stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:07 pm
Vancouver, Canada... yeah, there's a ska scene round here, but you have to scrounge through loads of bands to find 'em.  

McHuggies

Two Tone Charlie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:33 pm
Apple Valley, California. So-cal is pretty damn awesome.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:21 pm
Mystical9Ball
SoCal here! Most of my school is filled with either emos, hardcores, or gangstas... Yep... maybe about .05% like ska at my school then maybe like 10% know what ska is and hate it... Too happy, they say.
!

The same here! I'm in Fullerton (part of Orange Country that will never make the O.C.). The only reason most anyone knows what ska is at my school is because there is a ska band on my campus.  

nancy_spungen

The Murmur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:56 am
DarkVice
Long Beach, California
Home of Sublime, (so everyone and thier mom has a t-shirt) and a couple other bands. Not many REAL ska fans, although like I said everyone and their mom listens to Sublime. Everyone at my highschool was into hip-hop or the fashion hardcore stuff. But those kids were actually gangsters ( i went to the school Snoop Dog dropped out of... and Snoop Dog owes me like $200)
Down in Anaheim there's a nice all ages place called Chain Reaction and they usually have about two ska shows a month, and up in L.A. theres the knitting factory which has "The Bluebeat Lounge" every tuesday.
You guys should start seeing more and more ska shows, I've noticed that more and more of the local high school bands are going either ska, or at least a ska/raggae influenced style... So there's a chance we may soon have a 4th wave on our hands....

Also, for those of you in the bay area, have you ever been to Gilman? There seem to be a pretty good number of ska shows there...

...I hate Sublime. scream  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces