Welcome to Gaia! ::

Learn to Become a Literate Role-Player

Back to Guilds

This guild is for those new to RPing who wish to expand their abilites and become Literate Role-Players! 

Tags: Role Playing, Learn, Literate, RPing, Writing 

Reply Chatterbox!
♪♫♪ ChatterBox ♪♫♪ Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miquelet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:05 pm
And hello to you as well, Armantala, pleased to meet you!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:12 pm
RP's? Ah... well... none. I'm leaving for the Army in two weeks, so I haven't bothered to keep anything up. I was planning on reviving the guild when I get back. sweatdrop Though, I am in an RP that I need someone to replace me in. Would you be interested? Well, actually I have several that I need to be replaced in. sweatdrop  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:27 am
Ah, I see. Well, stay safe in the Army, and come back safe, too!
As for replacing you, I guess I could at least try. Which RPs would those be, though?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:14 pm
Well, the only one that really matters is Glass-Eyes in OMG A Guild! It's a 4x4 RP, and when I leave they will need someone to replace me, and these people are freakishly hardcore RPers. lol. I'll get you a link...

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=16950213

Hehe, I'll try. I'm going to be a mechanic, so I can't imagine that staying alive and safe will be very hard.  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 am
Hmm. That is really, really far outside of my range, both in characterization and theme. I honestly think if I were to see that RP in the forums, I likely would have just kept on walking. I can still try, if you want me to, but I think that it might not necessarily end too well.

And you're going to be a Repairer? Any idea which Goddess Pilot you'll be linked up with?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:14 pm
Lol, I'll find someone else in that case. I wouldn't want to push you. lol.

A Repairer and a Pilot, though no one else has joined. lol. My plan was to go through the training to become a pilot then to all get promoted to pilot and repairer, instead of the last one where we all started out as pilot and repairer.  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:57 am
Ah, alright. Unfortunately I tend to be a little too strict on which RPs I'll join, if I don't feel a connection from the get-go, I usually don't even enter, because I wouldn't feel that spark when I'm posting. Whereas when I do feel the spark, I can easily crank out several thousand words a day. (And I have, too. One of my RPs, I posted daily with eleven different characters, posting between 150-600 words apiece.)

I see. So it seems like they are trying to rush you into both ranks quickly, rather than letting you focus on getting good at one before the other?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:36 pm
Oh wait, you were talking about the Army. sweatdrop For some reason I thought you were talking about something else. Ignore that last comment. lol. I'm going to be a Generator Mechanic, and possibly a small arms repairer if I feel like switching in two years. A blue eyed, blonded haired woman in a completely male dominated field of work. whee I'm so excited.

Lol, I know what thats like, though if it sounds interesting I give it a shot. If it ends up being terribly boring I quit. lol  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:07 am
Actually at first I was talking about Candidate for Goddess, but you knew that. After that I hadn't really thought of any one section of the military in specifics, though Army likely would have been the default.

Ah, I see. I usually don't like having to quit an RP, so if it seems like one that I could potentially be tempted to quit, I might not even bother, to avoid causing trouble for everyone else who chooses to stay.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:14 am
Oh, haha. I thought I made a total conversational oops for a while there. sweatdrop My bad. In response to your section big for the RP, I changed the RP to allow people the practice of controlling two characters at once. It seemed like the perfect sitation, so I required everyone to be a pilot as a guy, and a repairer as a girl. It made sense at the time.

True, but I like to at least give everything a shot. They can deal with the trouble once I'm gone, or I can just kill off my character and everything can continue with me. *shrugs*  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:25 am
Nope, I think we both knew what we were trying to say there. And yeah, I had read that, seems like a good enough way to start teaching beginners how to multi-task and run multiple characters, get a feel for them, and how to keep them separate.

Well, it seems you're a little more adventurous than I am, it seems. I'm more a slow burn type, but once I get into something, I really don't like having to stop. But yeah, killing yourself off would work, though. could you really die, if you are a reincarnated doll ghost thing?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:11 pm
That's what I thought, but no one joined. sweatdrop

That's the problem I'm having. How do you kill off a doll thing? *shrugs* That's why I'm looking for someone to take over my character. I thought the RP would be over by now, but it took so long to get RPers, and now they don't post more than once every few days. stressed It's a miracle that I've gotten my doll to turn somewhat Human at all with this pace.  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:12 am
Well, isn't it in the Learning RP section? Wouldn't that be more designed for someone to join for a little bit, until they learned the object lesson, then quit to let the next newcomer do the same?

Yeah, the only advice I'd be able to offer is make her take part in the Alice Game, haha. (Rozen Maiden) But yeah, it certainly seems like that RP is moving pretty slowly, if it doesn't pick up, I could see it just dwindling into obscurity.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:40 pm
I plan on making everyone that joins one of my RPs see it to the end. It's not good to get in the habit of joining and quitting, even if I am guilty of doing just that.

If my person doesn't post again before I leave I might not bother getting a replacement. She hasn't even gotten online in two or three days. sweatdrop Who knows. xp  

Rene Miashi
Captain

8,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

miquelet

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:54 am
Overall, that seems like a good way to do things, though I still think by the very nature of 'learning RPs', they should have a decent turnover rate.

And that seems fine, if somebody kept me waiting that long I might be tempted to leave, or at least send them a PM to pester them into posting.  
Chatterbox!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff