Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
Thinking of You (Full) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 am
The next morning Rachel woke up with a start. Something was wrong. She jumped out of bed and almost ran into Nathan's room. Her little boy cried even harder when he saw his mother. "It's ok. Mommy's here." She soothed as she sat next to him. She wrapped her arms around him and felt his head. "Oh sweetie, you're burning up!"

"My tummy hurts!" He cried. She kissed his head and told him to sit still. Rachel grabbed the phone and called Stephanie.

"Hey Steph, it's me. I can't come to work today. Nathan's sick. Just get finish the designs and you guys can leave early. Yeah, keep everyone in line. Thanks hun. I will. Ok, talk to you later. Bye darlin." Rachel hung up the phone and went back to her son. The little boy curled up in the fetal position as she picked him up and placed him on her lap. Nathanial's tears seemed to calm down as she held him. "It's ok, sweetie. It's just you and me today."

Rachel knocked on the door to Eric's house. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and the two of them were supposed to go to the beach. Their spot where it would only be them. Mrs. Francis opened the door and smiled at Rachel. "Good morning, Rachel. Eric won't be able to come with you today. He's sick."

"Can I see him?" She asked, worried. Mrs. Francis nodded and allowed her in. Her husband sat at in his chair and read the morning paper. Today he didn't have to work. He looked up from his paper and smiled at his son's girlfriend.

"Miss Summers." He smiled professionally.

"Sir." Rachel saluted and walked upstairs to Eric's room. A place she had been to many times before. Softly, she knocked on the door and heard Eric grumble.

"I'm not hungry mom." He called but Rachel opened the door.The two smiled at each other as Rachel sat next to him. "What are you doing here? I told you we couldn't go to the beach because I was sick."

"I know. I got that message. But you didn't think I would leave it at that did you? Pa-lease! What kind of a girlfriend would I be if I didn't take care of the man that I love. Now, I don't care if you're not hungry. You're eating. I'll go see if your mom will help me make you some chicken noodle soup." She kissed his head and rubbed his cheek. "And I'll make sure it's just the way you like it."

Rachel grabbed the phone again and made another call. She had her neighbor come over and watch Nathan for awhile as she headed to the store. There wasn't enough ingredients to make chicken noodle soup. Not the way he liked it anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:36 pm
Eric had found his way home late into the evening, barely awake now, he simply clambered into his bed to appear a shamble on the floor. His sleep perplexed by several dreams, not bad and non descript.

Eric awoke to his alarm, as he had for the last several days, and always had before now. the only difference this time was that he wasn't in some long off barracks any more, and he wasn't next to his sweetheart either. He was alone, again, and he was failing to see the bright side of the cloud without Rachel. The week was coming to an end and he was coming to his first day of work, hopefully that would take his mind off of her visage. Was that really her he met yesterday? He needed to know, he had a sure feeling that it was, but he needed to really know.

Eric dressed for the day in jeans and a red t-shirt, and used his bike coat as an over coat for the cool, rain chilled day. He headed out into the early morning light and headed to what hopefully would be the coffee shop that was there before he left. He carved there names into the back of one of the seats so it would be there for as long it the diner was. They often had dinner there, or dessert before or after they went out or where coming back.

The walk would take awhile and back down the old road he had walked so many times before he left to his social death and out casting from his once popular residence. He would take the time to admire the morning mist and the town he grew up in and with his Sweetheart.

They walked along slowly, the morning light was just breaking over the area. Both of them where wrapped in one coat, Eric's coat to be sure. They had been out for nothing but the starry night sky and the full moon out behind the old scout camp. Them and a couple of friends had a fire and spent the night under the stars.

Nothing was said as they walked home to there beds, today was Sunday and neither of them had anything to do and they would sleep the morning away, only to meet up again to find something else to do, or not due as the case had it. Neither of them really wanted to part as they snuck behind Rachel's house to get her through to her room quietly.

Eric stumbled home to do the same, he was really tired but he was glad he was exhausted after having been with Rachel the entire time, simply having a good time. the fire kept them all warm, all though they didn't need it because they had each other.

The rain was beginning to fall again in the early morning as Eric found where he was to be the old spot of the Diner, nothing was left but a drug store. Now where was he going to go for his breakfast out? So he began to walk with his collar popped on his coat, to where he didn't know, he was just looking for breakfast.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm
The rain came down even harder. Rachel had no choice but to finally run into the nearest store to purchase an umbrella. It was black and plain but it was an umbrella none the less. She thanked the man at the counter and continued her journey to the grocery store. No doubt Nathanial was either still crying or asleep with the babysitter. Rachel worried for her son the same way she always worried for Eric each time he was sick.

Rachel and Mrs. Francis worked quickly as they could. Rachel felt like the faster she cooked the soup for him the faster he would heal. She hated seeing the man that she loved in pain. "Tell me, Rachel." Mrs. Francis began. Rachel was brought out of her thought as she looked up from stirring the soup. "Woman to woman. Are you in love with him?" Rachel was a little taken aback. Of course she was in love with him. She figured Mrs. Francis never asked her that because it was obvious. But Rachel smiled, knowing fully well how she felt about him.

"Of course. I couldn't love any other man the way that I love him." Rachel shrugged as she turned back to the soup. "I've always known we were meant for each other." She then paused as she worried she might be too young to say things like that. "Do you think I'm too young to say that I'm in love?" Mrs. Francis smiled and shook her head.

"Of course not my dear. I was just making sure you really are right for my son. Which you are. After all, I was just about your age when I fell in love with Eric's father." Rachel was glad that his mother at least approved of her. At least she was sure of one parent.

Rachel was so lost in thought that she didn't really watch where she was going. She bumped into a man but didn't really get a good look at his face. "Oh! Sorry." She said and kept walking. This time she was sure to pay attention and realize where she was going. It didn't take long before she saw the drug store where their diner used to be. Where he had carved their names on stools to mark their property. They were both even good friends with the owner who allowed them to do that. Rachel only wished it was still there so that she could be in a place where he used to be.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:54 am
The sheets or rain began to fall in more of a fashion like curtains, heavy drapes. The leather kept him dry but he couldn't stay dry below that, nor above it. Visibility low in the dark morning, rain obscuring his eyes as well as the path ahead, Eric doesn't get far before he stops to think for a moment. The very same moment, he was assaulted by a figure from the cool rain. She had apologized and very quickly hurried on her way. The rain was heavy and he couldn't make out her voice, but she too had a pause in front of the drug store, even through the rain, Eric could see the sigh. Perhaps its the same girl, perhaps it really was Rachel. He really wanted to know, and if anything, find somewhere he could get breakfast.

Approaching the girl whilst in front of the drug store, Eric spoke up to compensate for the rain fall.

"Excuse me, but, do you know where i can have a get a stack of pancakes and some coffee? Im new back into town and, well, this place isn't what it used to be." Eric said as he too turned to look at the drug store, the women behind the counter looked out at them strangely.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:52 am
Rachel looked up at the drug store and put her umbrella down though she was lost in thought of the old diner. And though the building was different the spot and them memories were still the same. The two of them walking into the diner at any chance they got. She was so lost in thought that she didn't really pay attention to the rain. Even if it was one of her favorite things.

"Eric stop!" Rachel laughed as Eric continued to carve their names in the bar stools. "That's Mikey's! He's gonna make you pay for those. Or worse. We're never going to eat her again. And this is my favorite place." Eric turned his head with a confident smile on his face.

"Will you relax? There's nothing to worry about. I asked Mikey if I could do this. Right Mikey?" He asked Mikey who was wiping the counter.

"That's right. Even offered to pay for the bar stools but I waved it off. You kids are like family. Without you two this place would be nothing and I would go out of business." He winked and went off to serve other customers.

"See?" Eric said and finished his carvings. "There. Now this place is officially our place. At least for now." Rachel shook her head and smiled in disbelief. It was amazing how often he would surprise her. As they were leaving the diner, it had begun to rain but Rachel didn't seem to care. Eric was about to place his jacket over her head but she pushed it aside. Rachel had a better idea. She ran out onto the sidewalk and tilted her head back and closed her eyes. The water was cold and yet it was perfect on her face. Her hair, her clothes, everything was getting wet but she didn't care. Eric leaned against the building under the canopy while he just watched her. It seemed like she did this every time it rained hard.

Rachel closed her eyes and tilted her head back. The water felt the same way as it always had. Cold, wet but peaceful. It took a few minutes for her to realize that someone was talking to her. And another minute to realize the actual question. But she couldn't help but continue staring up at the drug store. "Sure, it's just-" She began but was interrupted by the owner of the drug store.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked.

"Sorry, I was just...admiring. That's all." Rachel smiled and waited for her to walk back inside before turning back to the man. "Anyway, if you-" Again, Rachel stopped. The man from before stood in front of her. Those eyes just watching her. Rachel cleared her throat and tried to continue. "Uh, hello again." She nervously smiled. "If you just go two blocks that way there's a place called Vince's. You can't miss the big sign out front. It's really the best place in town. Well, now anyway. Just ask for Leo. He'll set you up with the best stuff. He knows how to take care of his customers." She nodded and was about to head to the store but her knees wouldn't move. Her whole body wouldn't move.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:34 pm
Eric stopped again, his heart skipped, it was her again, he had so wished it was. He needed to say something, but he couldn't think of anything important to say, he wanted to ask if it was his Rachel, but would that be to front and rash? what should he do?

"Are.. you, summa?" He half said and half mumbled as the words sort of stuck to his tongue and that back of his throat. She was like his Rachel, but she wasn't dancing in the rain, yet. Maybe she was in a hurry. Eric then tough of the more polite thing to say.

"oh... umm... Sorry to have, uh, bothered you. Thanks again for yesterday." Eric said, Shortly after he sneezed in the chill and down poor of the rain.

"ill let you on your way, but uh.. thanks for hte help.." his sentence trsiled as he wanted to say more but found himself stuck in place watching her keen, sharp eyes, even in the grey of the day and rain, they where still beautiful.  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 pm
With each passing second that she watched him, it was getting harder to breath. The sound of his voice was so similar from his. Everything about the man that stood in front of her resembled the man she once loved. Still loved in fact. But what was he going to say that he didn't finish? Could it have been her last name? It couldn't have been. Then again, her name was well known in the fashion world. Her clothing line was practically blooming in Asia and Australia. The sneezing brought her out of her thought. Her first reaction caused her to feel his head as if he was her own child. Rachel smiled nervously and put it down. "Sorry. It's a mom habit." Both the rain and the wind began to pick up as they both continued to stand there.

"You know, you're head does feel warm. If you're looking for something to eat, I make some great chicken noodle soup if you'd like some." She had touched his skin and it was so familiar. What was happening? Why was Eric doing this to her? Why wasn't he helping her to move on? That's all she wanted to do. That's all she ever wanted to do. At least, that's what she told herself. Rachel was thinking it best to forget about him. Move on. It had been years since they called off the search and announced his death. To this day, his body wasn't found anywhere. So why couldn't she move on?

"My son is sick today and I was just on my way to the store to by the ingredients. You're welcome to some if you like. It will help with any up coming flu you might be getting from this weather." She shrugged as it was just an idea though she didn't understand why she was so eager to get him a bowl of her chicken noodle soup. "Not to toot my own horn but I make a pretty mean batch."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:55 pm
Eric simply stood in the rain, watching her. the rain continued to fall, his short hair spiked because of the water. He grinned through the cold as she touched him, he longed for that whilst he was away. It must be her he thought, only she would be so kind as to offer and do such things for him. But why didn't she approach him as his love lost.

"I... i couldn't impose. I can get back to my apartment. Its not to far from here." Eric said with a bit formality, he wanted to be around with her, but didn't want to see the reason she didn't accept him as the man who left to war.

"Besides, i would be in a great amount of debt to you if i did... you've already helped me out once, and that was almost my life."  

nero_wolf

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:39 pm
Rachel couldn't let him go home. The thought of him ill and not taken care of made her worry about him. She shook her head. "No! Don't worry! It's nothing. Really. Plus, you're sick. I couldn't live with myself if-"

She stopped herself. It was going to far and she wasn't even sure if this was the man she wished it was. "I mean, I wouldn't feel right if I just let you go home sick like this."

Rachel wanted more than anything to know if it was truly him but she how could she be sure? If she just asked him, she would be afraid it wouldn't be him and make a horrible mistake. "Tell you what. Don't think of it as a debt. Just think of it as a free meal. You won't owe me anything."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:36 am
Eric's arms found themselves wrapping around him as a breeze blew through the street. His short hair spiked and dripping in the rain. His eyes almost closed to keep the rain from entering them, however a glimmer of something shows through in his voice and in the light from his hidden eyes.

"If you insist, i umm...." He turns to sneeze again. "would like that. A free meal is always welcome, if theres anything i can do to help, let me know. Please, i feel like ive known you my whole li...."

Eric stopped slowly, and smiled, he turned to look up and down the street before turning to her again. "Shall we get going, no need to keep your son waiting."  

nero_wolf

nero_wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:52 pm
"Oh, dont worry, family first right?" Eric stood in the middle to the door to the kitchen, leathers dripping from his crossed arms. "Where can i put this for the moment?"

Eric turned to look around the area he was in, his sense filled with the light there was in this girls life, even through the rain of the day. He missed being with some one, and having that person around. The place brought a tear to his eye. Or was that rain? Eric didnt know or care, he was just glad to be with soem one through sickness. If only he could be there through health as well.

"If theres anything i can do right now, to help, let me know." Eric said as hew turned back into the kitchen to see ehr working on the soup. Perhaps this meeting will be more informative then he thought. If only he knew...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:45 pm
Rachel shook her head. "Oh no. You are a guest in my home. Plus, this is a family secret. If you helped me make it, you'd know the ingredients and I'd have to kill you." She smiled and continued to make some. When it was finished she poured a bowl for Nathanial but found that he was already asleep. She kissed his head and walked back out and headed back to the kitchen.

"It would seem that the little munchkin is fast asleep. But he seems fine. Here. You can have this bowl." She smiled and placed the bowl in front of him. "It's a family recipe. I hope you're not allergic to any food. I'd hate to kill you accidentally." She laughed but then made a straight face. "But seriously, I really hope you're not allergic to anything." It felt good having someone else in her home. Someone her own age of the opposite gender. She missed taking care of someone other than Nathaniel. Rachel poured herself a bowl of soup and sat next to him.

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100

nero_wolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:25 pm
Eric smiled to her, "No, im good for allergies. Im sure it'll be fine, home cooking is the best." Eric tucked in after he made that comment. the soup was surprisingly good, and some what familiar.

"Mrs. Francis, do you add anything to your soup?" Rachel was busy digging through the cupboards looking for something as she made soup with Mrs. Francis for the ill and bed ridden Eric.

"Nothing special my dear, why? Did you have something you wanted to add?" She said as she stepped away from teh pot for a moment to let her at it.

Eric could hear there conversation from his room but he didn't care at the time. Shortly after that he fell asleep only to wake up to Rachel sitting in his desk chair with soup. After being awoken Eric sat up in bed and drank the soup happily, croaking to Rachel through his soar throat. Eric remembers the taste, but hes not sure what it is.

"This is really good, there's only one other person i know who can make soup like this." Eric smiled to her after slurping down the rest of the bowl. "Please, is there more?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:37 pm
Rachel was taken aback when he said he had eaten the soup before. Only one other person? But who else could make the soup that she did? She nodded her head. "Of course. There's plenty actually." She said and poured him another bowl of soup. Rachel placed her own bowl in the sink as she was finished with it. It didn't seem to fit. Who was the other person? She had never heard anyone putting cinnamon in chicken noodle soup with parsley and oregano. It was all her idea. As far as she knew anyway.

Eric held out his bowl for a third helping of her soup. Rachel laughed and went to pour him another. When she came back with his soup, he was reaching out towards it like a little child would. "Alright." Rachel laughed. "Calm down, my love. You'll get it." Eric took the bowl and kissed her cheek as a thank you.

"Well, you're welcome. I know you'd do the same for me. Of course, you may not make chicken soup like I can." Eric shook his head as he continued to eat his soup. He was done with it within minutes. "Geez, you can really put it away now can't you?"

Rachel leaned against her chair and folded her arms. Maybe someone thought of the same thing she did. But all three ingredients and cooking it in the exact same way? It couldn't be possible. It was one in a million that someone actually did. "So, who else made this soup for you? With this taste I mean?"

elphy_and_fiyero

Aged Genius

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Consumer 100
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers