Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo 's Critters [Under Construction! (But still open)]

Back to Guilds

Tags: Nintendo, Critter, Mascot, Video Game, Friends 

Reply Contests and Events [The place to hold Contests and attend Guild Events]
❁ Rainbow Wheel - Easter 2009 [R1 Results in! R2 Soon...] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am
There way too many variations of colors for them all to share the same name. Like, if someone wanted their car painted cobalt blue and someone painted it baby blue, I bet they'd be pretty mad about it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:36 pm
Hello everyone.

Sorry, but the R1 results are taking a little longer. Life is playing up and I haven't worked ImageReady in ages, so I actually forgot how to exactly animate this. <_<

I'll do my best to have it up tomorrow! ^_^;  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 am
Kouenki
There way too many variations of colors for them all to share the same name. Like, if someone wanted their car painted cobalt blue and someone painted it baby blue, I bet they'd be pretty mad about it.

That happened to my mom.
She was piiiiiiiiissssssseeeeed. xp  
Sir Nunatak generated a random number between 1 and 8 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:21 am
I need to generate a random number! Using this post to do so.

Btw, Zap and Star are both right, in a sense, according to Wikipedia. (According to the rules of the internet, this means it must be tr00.)

Star's Royal Blue is the traditonal color.
Zap's Royal Blue is the web color. -_-;

So it's really a matter of perspective.  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Lilmagical_star

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:42 am
Nunatak
I need to generate a random number! Using this post to do so.

Btw, Zap and Star are both right, in a sense, according to Wikipedia. (According to the rules of the internet, this means it must be tr00.)

Star's Royal Blue is the traditonal color.
Zap's Royal Blue is the web color. -_-;

So it's really a matter of perspective.

When I decided my favorite color was royal blue, I then based myself on the color I saw in my environment, not on the web >.>;;  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 pm
Well, since it's a subjective matter, it's hard to take a standpoint in this one. ^_^

Anyways...

ROUND 1 RESULTS ARE IN!

They can be viewed in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsIOUT_78rA , in which I struggle to pronounce member names, keep up with the animation's pace and make a general fool out of myself. XD

Enjoy it and look out for round two!  

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

Kouenki
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:04 pm
That was amusing. XD I can almost identify the dieing pokemon in the background. Before the Price is Right music starts. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:12 am
Man, you have such a freaky accent. It doesn't sound the least bit Euro to me. And you said George like a Yank. mrgreen  

GeorgeStow
Crew

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:40 am
You sound like you have a sore throat... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:43 pm
I don't notice anything odd with his voice.

Tak.....are you secretly training to by a game show host? ninja

XD Mr. Question Mark and I are buddies.

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Sir Nunatak

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm
Well, I assume you all liked my horrible attempt at being a game show host, then. P= Come on, I had to at least try and make it sound somewhat excited! XD

I seriously believe there's too many people who don't put enough spirit into it when they're narrating into their microphone. Look alive, internets!

Anyways, I might do something like this again for the R2 results, if it's fun enough for you guys. Animating Round 2 is going to be a pain, though...

But before we get into that...

HERE IS ROUND 2!

User Image

I know it's taken me a while to get this up and running, so let's cut to the chase and explain the new round!

Does that wheel look intimidating? I think it does! *shivers* It's the kind of wheel that gives Bowser bad dreams. I shall attempt to explain the rules of round 2 to you in an easy, clear fasion, though:

• Everybody sends me one number of their choosing between 1 and 7 (no more eights!) in a PM. Deadline is Saturday. No PM means I'll generate a random number for you.

• Now here's the trick: every member rotates both the wheels with their rotation numbers.

• The number you give me will rotate your OWN wheel that many spaces in CLOCKWISE DIRECTION.

• Your number also influences the other wheel, but there's a catch. The opposing wheel will be rotated in COUNTER-CLOCKWISE DIRECTION by your number of choosing, divided by two and rounded down if needed.

(So if you rotate your own wheel 5 spaces, the opposing wheel will rotate 5/2 = 2,5 -> 2 spaces counter-clockwise)

• The winners are declared when both wheels come at a standstill and the silver arrows indicate our lucky winners. The winner from Wheel 1 will of course be our Grand Prize winner, with the winner of Wheel 2 winning our fabulous consolation price.

Think you have the anticipation abilities, the luck and the sheer guts to claim victory? Let's play Rainbow Wheel!

*Waits for the PMs to fly in*

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:22 pm
*actually just watched the video. yes, I'm late ninja *

"Sore throat"? I guess that's just because of the mic xd

And George, I pronounce your name the same way he did. But I'm Canadian ninja Ah!! blaugh

Anyway, cool video mrgreen ... What do you say, "horrible" attempt?! I couldn't do anything that great. First, freaking English pronounciation problems (aah, it's probably not that bad, but shyness doesn't help.. sweatdrop ), secondly, I don't like talking on the phone, so imagine talking to a microphone stare rolleyes Anyway lol  

Lilmagical_star

PrismScepter
Crew

Invisible Lunatic

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:26 am
George....thats the only way I've ever heard your name pronouced. XD

....Of course Florida is populated by Canadians, New Yorkers, Hispanics, old people and tourists. Seriously, a New York accent is more common then a Southern drawl around hear and we neighbor The South from farther south. ._. Florida is an odd place.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:54 am
Green-Green79
George....thats the only way I've ever heard your name pronouced. XD

....Of course Florida is populated by Canadians, New Yorkers, Hispanics, old people and tourists. Seriously, a New York accent is more common then a Southern drawl around hear and we neighbor The South from farther south. ._. Florida is an odd place.

Almost all of our old folks go to Florida mrgreen xd  

Lilmagical_star

Contests and Events [The place to hold Contests and attend Guild Events]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas