Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I'm going back to church tommorow, Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:40 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Paranormal Zombiiie
misssuzy

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how.

Seconded 3nodding .

Thirded twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:40 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Asahi Sara
Violet Song jat Shariff

I kind of thought she was using the "Wicca is about loving nature and the Goddess and the God and we do good and no evil because we are ordered to 'Harm none.'" misconception of Wicca and that's why she didn't understand

Ahhh that's what I thought too... And I think, there's probably some compromise someone could come to between those sets of beliefs, though I wouldn't properly know what to call it.

I guess what I was trying to tell OP is that it's not her BELIEFS people are questioning, its her misuse of the term Wicca

Quite a few people have taken to calling the form of Paganism that draws heavily on outer-court information by the name Tvaan 3nodding .

Err. Tvaan? I have never heard of that before.  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:42 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie
Violet Song jat Shariff
Asahi Sara
Violet Song jat Shariff

I kind of thought she was using the "Wicca is about loving nature and the Goddess and the God and we do good and no evil because we are ordered to 'Harm none.'" misconception of Wicca and that's why she didn't understand

Ahhh that's what I thought too... And I think, there's probably some compromise someone could come to between those sets of beliefs, though I wouldn't properly know what to call it.

I guess what I was trying to tell OP is that it's not her BELIEFS people are questioning, its her misuse of the term Wicca

Quite a few people have taken to calling the form of Paganism that draws heavily on outer-court information by the name Tvaan 3nodding .

-nod- It's a very new term.
It's a more distinct label for people who follow the outer-court path that's set out in books by Cunningham, Sabin, etc...
I mean, it is a valid path...it's just not Wicca. And shouldn't be called Wicca. So, we gave it a new name.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:43 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Paranormal Zombiiie
misssuzy

Seconded 3nodding .

I approve of this.

User Image

And so does Cthulhu  

Cunning Witch Angus

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:46 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Paranormal Zombiiie
Violet Song jat Shariff
Asahi Sara
Violet Song jat Shariff

-nod- It's a very new term.
It's a more distinct label for people who follow the outer-court path that's set out in books by Cunningham, Sabin, etc...
I mean, it is a valid path...it's just not Wicca. And shouldn't be called Wicca. So, we gave it a new name.

Oh, that is awesome. :]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:47 pm
Wicca is an orthopraxic lineaged fertility witchcult. If you don't stick to the orthopraxy as set by Gerald Gardner or have an initiatory lineage to Gerald Gardner, you aren't Wiccan.

this is nuts its like saying I cant be a catholic unless i say the rosary or I cant be a musician if I don't learn how to read music or I Have to face a certain direction to pray... This is called dogma and dictatorship, you really should learn more about plants good night and blessed be. I have to get some sleep so I don't sleep in church tomorrow  

younameme qwerty

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:49 pm
misssuzy
Wicca is an orthopraxic lineaged fertility witchcult. If you don't stick to the orthopraxy as set by Gerald Gardner or have an initiatory lineage to Gerald Gardner, you aren't Wiccan.

this is nuts its like saying I cant be a catholic unless i say the rosary or I cant be a musician if I don't learn how to read music or I Have to face a certain direction to pray... This is called dogma and dictatorship, you really should learn more about plants good night and blessed be. I have to get some sleep so I don't sleep in church tomorrow

You know, you do have to learn to read music to be a musician.
And Muslims do have to face a certain direction to pray.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 pm
misssuzy

this is nuts its like saying I cant be a catholic unless i say the rosary or I cant be a musician if I don't learn how to read music or I Have to face a certain direction to pray...

No, it's like saying "You can't operate on someone in a hospital without being an accredited surgeon" actually.

Quote:
This is called dogma and dictatorship,

No, it's called HOW THE ******** RELIGION WAS SET UP BY ITS FOUNDER stare

Who the ******** are you to challenge how the Gods of the Wica wanted their priesthood to be set up?

Quote:
you really should learn more about plants

Why?

Quote:
good night and blessed be.

No thanks, I don't know your gods, nor do I want their blessings.  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:53 pm
misssuzy
this is nuts its like saying I cant be a catholic unless i say the rosary or I cant be a musician if I don't learn how to read music or I Have to face a certain direction to pray...

No it's not actually.
Rosary is not (to the best of my knowledge) the basis of Catholicism.
Correct practice is the basis of Wicca. To not adhere to the correct practice renders the ritual non-Wiccan. Doesn't mean it's less valid or unfulfilling. It just means it's not a Wiccan ritual and that you are not practicing Wicca.
Quote:
This is called dogma

Indeed, Wicca does have specific ways one needs to follow.
Quote:
and dictatorship,

LOLWUT?
Quote:
you really should learn more about plants

What in the ever-living ******** does learning about plants have to do with this?
Perhaps you should spend more time learning about the religion you supposedly follow and less time learning about plants!
Quote:
good night and blessed be.

I find this phrase kind of insulting and hypocritical.
Insulting because hey, who says I want or need the blessing of your gods? Who even knows if your gods want to bless me?
Hypocritical because well, I can make probably an accurate guess as to what you mean by using the phrase, and after all the whining you've just done about being questioned and corrected....yea.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:56 pm
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind, I hate to wonder what makes you so nasty, I chose love, some of the best musicians in the universe will never read music....  

younameme qwerty

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:59 pm
misssuzy
you cant win

The fact that you can't see that I've "won", only serves to bolster the fact that you've already lost.

Quote:
or say any thing

Actually, I can say lots of things.

Quote:
or even try to be kind,

I'm kind to those that deserve it, not to culture-raping twits who think willful ignorance is somehow a good thing.

Quote:
I hate to wonder what makes you so nasty,

Look in a mirror sometime.

Quote:
I chose love,

No, you chose willful ignorance and slander of those who were trying to help.

Quote:
some of the best musicians in the universe will never read music....

Name 10.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:01 pm

Okay, I really didn't want to bring this up, but can anyone understand Misssuzy?

Quote:
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind,

o.O  

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 pm
Cyrus the Elder

Quote:

Look in a mirror sometime.

Ohhh, that's bad......  
Paranormal Zombiiie

Okay, I really didn't want to bring this up, but can anyone understand Misssuzy?

Quote:
you cant win or say any thing or even try to be kind,

o.O

Not really, it seems like half the sentences are just words strung together in the hopes they'd make sense ninja  

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
misssuzy
you cant win

My objective isn't to "win."
It is to correct.
Quote:
or say any thing or even try to be kind,

I started out quite kind as anyone here who knows me well will tell you.
It's when you started to complain at being asked questions and turn away from actual information is when I started being pissed off.
Quote:

Most of the time, dealing with willfully ignorant fluffies. Kind of like what I'm doing now, actually.
Quote:
I chose love

TRUTH, I CHOOSE YOU!!!
*throws Pokemon ball*
Quote:
some of the best musicians in the universe will never read music....

And?
Some of the best musicians in the world have read music and written it.
What was your point again?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces