Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Play in Paradise

Back to Guilds

Come and entertain your imagination in Paradise. All are welcome! 

Tags: free, Role Playing, Paradise 

Reply The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)
The City of Newhampton Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what time is it?
  five thirty eight PM central time
  a time
  PARTY TIME!!!!! w00t!
  i cant tell time....*wah*
  nunya business, bub! now lets do this thing!
View Results

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:38 pm
((very nice! glad to have you here, Kuroi. now then, if you'll excuse Shadow, Shadow has people to beat up, for they have not posted in days. *rolls up sleeves* time to hurt some peoples...))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:11 pm
Emi lazed around by the riverbed. Lying in the grass, she stared up at the perfectly dreary sky with a frown on her face. It was very likely going to start raining soon, and this was something she disliked almost more than anything else. Though presently if her wings got wet, she wouldn't likely suffer many repercussions, this loathing of the rain was a habit that had carried on from her days as a butterfly. Plus, her human side loathed the idea of her precious clothing getting drenched and thus ruined because of something like rain.

"Guess that means I should find a place to wait inside," she thought to herself.

She groaned, equally not liking the prospect of being cooped up inside. Emi just wanted to be free and loaf off outside. Maybe nature had decided to punish her for her recent unproductive attitude...

Sighing to herself, she began to access her options. She could either wait in her apartment room, thus in her opinion die of boredom since she literally had nothing there aside from the essentials; return to school and die a worse form of boredom because as of yet she had yet to make any friends; or she could find some other enclosed area to occupy.

Naturally Emi chose the last option, decideding rather quickly to head over to the library. At the very least there were some interesting books there she could read to whittle away the hours. Plus she had previously discovered, much to her delight, that one of the guys who worked there was an elf. She wasn't sure whether he knew of her unique situation as well, but she had her hunches that he knew exactly what she was. In either case, neither of them spoke on the topic and that was fine with her.

Finally deciding on a course of action, she stood up, brushing the grass blades off of her outfit and hurried over to the library. During her brisk walk she wished once more for the freedom to use her wings and fly over there. It was just more convenient. However, Emi knew the importance of blending in and not exposing herself, so she quickly let the thought slide.

Eventually she arrived at the library. Her mood suddenly improving she skipped up the few steps and placed her hand on the door. Just then she was hit with an unusual sensation that set her on edge. There were other non-humans inside, one of which gave off a rather powerful and somewhat unsettling aura. She hesitated for a few seconds before looking at the increasingly darkening sky and determining she could wait no longer. Carefully composing herself, she opened the door and walked over to the front desk, giving off a very normal impression as if nothing unusual had ever happened.

((sorry for the very long post, just thought it'd be a good way to introduce my char))  

Hoshigiri
Vice Captain

Sparkly Genius

6,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:12 pm
((that was wonderful and dont apologize you've never seen me really post. ive got the record for longest post ever, most likely. ask Dred. he knows.))  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:03 am
((alright, I'm in))

Name: Randall
Species: Gargoyle
Residence: on top of the old clocktower
Title: none
History: Trapped as a statue until recently, he is the last of his clan. (that is all i will put till tommorrow)
Personality: Very relaxed, doesn't care what others think. A bit of a joker, but doesn't joke about the really serious stuff.
Likes/Dislikes: Likes - old architecture, heights, rain, books. Dislikes - Sunlight, mornings, termites.
Picture: User Image
Other: Wears a trench coat and fedora when socializing with humans to hide his wings and horns. Because of certain reasons, Randall only turns to stone when exposed to sunlight (like vamps, but without the burning), not just when dawn breaks like most gargoyles.  

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:16 pm
((interesting. now if i could only get Matt and Donie to post so we can continue in the li-berry.))  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:45 pm
((sorry I haven't been on in a while, net's been down. and dred, I am changing the vamp thing, we don't die from sunlight))

John listened to Shadow, then replied, "well, if you're not a witch, but you can use the craft, what does that make you?"  

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:15 am
((curse you matt, don't be a prissy twilight vamp, no one likes them))
(((I love the show Gargoyles btw, and I'm prob gonna do stuff like that [im a poser, i know] so watch the show, it may enlighten you to what im describing)))

Randall closed the book he was reading and stood up. Stretching, he made his way to the front of the library. He walked by and heard John's comment, chuckling, he adressed the small group, "Nothing human, that's for sure," he said with a voice like grinding stone, "Could be any number of things, care to enlighten us miss?" he asked  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:31 am
((LONG OOC: no, I'm not being a twilight vamp, I am being a vampire wars vamp. there is a series of books by steven sevile called vampire wars and it is about these vampires who take over slovakia or something and then raise undead armies to take over the rest of the world. one of the vampires in there figured out how to survive in sunlight, and he told some of the others))

The new guy's appearance startled John, so much so that he nearly fell out of his chair.  

mathwl1020
Vice Captain

donie120
Vice Captain

Alien Gatekeeper

11,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:55 am
((Sorry ittook some time to post. Work has been hell this week. I used to watch it. I had never thought of lookin for it on the web though.))
Corry turned to see Randall. Like any elf he hid his suprise and adopted a nutral face. "Remember that this library is for all who seek that which is hidden in the pages of these book. Guard your words here, if you please." Corry said and picked up a book and placed it on a nearby shelf.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:59 pm
((alright, as long as you aren't being a prissy priss twighlight vamp))

Randall made a face and Corry's voice, chuckling, he said, "Don't worry, I've guarded a lot more than that in my time," he shrugged, "things more important, to me at least, than someones species,"  

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:49 pm
((augh! this is what i get for thinking yall were all killed in a horrible accident and were never going to post again. in short, yall suck! rawr!!!))
Shadow hid her gasp and thought about what they had said. The appearance of the man had startled her almost as much as his comment.
"What...what am I?..." Shadow said, tripping over her words. "I'm...human," she spat. "I mean, I'm nothing special. I'm just a normal person." She gestured to them. "Like all of you."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 12:14 am
Randall would've laughed, then he remembered he was in a library, "Alright miss, if you're normal, than I'm Joe Average, which, by the way, I'm not," he said, taking off his hat to reveal his horns and face.  

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

The Shadow-Star
Crew

5,700 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:01 am
Shadow put a hand to her face as she let out a gasp.
"Oh my. You're...quite different."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:04 am
Randall chuckled as he put his hat back on, "Yes, I guess you could say that. Not as different as you are Miss,"  

Dred Noboru
Vice Captain

The Books Come to Life Here (Fantasy RP Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games