Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Fangirls scare me. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 am
Jaaku-san
Oh, I don't care if someone doesn't like the same things I do. It just makes me laugh (or rage) when they decide to expound on their hatred at great length, generally through badly typed journal entries or comments on the work of other people.

And I totally agree about the Twilight thing. I couldn't get past chapter 4, the writing was that bad.
User Image"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

The thing that scared me off was that Bella thought it was okay for Edward to break into her house and watch her sleep o_o;;
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:58 am
S a f f r o n S u g a r
Jaaku-san
Oh, I don't care if someone doesn't like the same things I do. It just makes me laugh (or rage) when they decide to expound on their hatred at great length, generally through badly typed journal entries or comments on the work of other people.

And I totally agree about the Twilight thing. I couldn't get past chapter 4, the writing was that bad.

The thing that scared me off was that Bella thought it was okay for Edward to break into her house and watch her sleep o_o;;
- Oscar Wilde.User Image
Apparently a lot of girls want a stalker because they seem to think that is totally hot.

Pretty Pretty Priceless

Death Lust Decay

1,100 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:01 pm
S a f f r o n S u g a r
"Seriousness is the refuge of the shallow."

:< Fangirls who are anti-yuri are pretty annoying. It's so...nooby. It's like it's not enough to like something, you have to passionately hate the opposite to it just because ._.;;

Anti-fangirls... Meh. I guess they can hate it if they want to ._. I mean,I'm and anti-twilight fangirl, so I guess I can't judge. I just think it's a bit of a waste of time to tell yaoi fangirls that they are wrong, or complaining about them (there was an LJ comm or something called anti-yaoi, it was a little sad to see them linking posts to yaoi sites and being all LOOK AT THIS ITS SO STUPID THESE PEOPLE ARE SICK)
I usually don't really care as long as they're not polluting the sites I like with their incessant trolling e_e;;

In my defense, though, Twilight really is crap. And it's a bit too funny to not waste time hating. (I mean come on, sparkly "vegetarian" vampires? really?)
- Oscar Wilde.

I heart you. haha Thank you jesus, someone else thinks it's just hilarious. People usually love it and some hate it but no one will admit how hilarious it all is. The writing is pure crap! It shows you how far a mediocre writer can get if you get the little 13 year olds hooked on your "bad boy" types and such nonsense. It's almost an affront to good writing. Not only that, the movie should have been billed as a comedy. I laughed so hard at certain parts and lines that I almost cried.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:14 pm
Oh god. If they banded together, the massive army could take over an entire country. Fangirls are a thing to fear. And yeah, fanboys can be just as frightening. But girls are a tad scarier considering the fact that they outnumber fanboys and are a little more frustrating to take on in an argument. -shudder- Never say you like Kairi and that she's incredibly hot in front of a RikuSora fangirl. They don't like it. And will proceed screech in disgust and kick your balls in.

I just don't like fangirls who deny everything they don't like. And how angry they get when someone doesn't like the same pairing they do. Everyone has their own opinion. Just bawwwing about it doesn't instantly make a difference.

I believe in tolerance. That shows that you know where you stand and another person's beliefs/likes doesn't affect you, therefore you have nothing to get upset over.

I like to refer to myself as a "fan" in any situation when I really like something. That means I'm at a point where I'm not obsessed and won't go psychotic (i.e. Light) when someone disagrees with me. Fangirl/fanboy are degrading terms in my opinion. Whenever I hear those terms I'm thinking of someone who uses constant chatspeak (with extreme grammatical error), is irrational, and lets an obsession run their lives.

We're all perverted abnormalities, aren't we? Stop bein' a hater and go fap to your pronz. Also, if you're gonna like gays, like all of 'em. Don't be the girl that's all "I only like hot gay guys. Lesbians can go screw themselves (or each other since that's always more fun, lmao)." That's uncool. Tolerate others. All the cool kids are doing it.  

Prince of Oath

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:40 am
@Prince of Oath:

Exactly! I thoroughly dislike people who just blatantly hate all female characters (like Sakura, or Kairi) because they're "in the way" etc. It's not like those characters are deliberately trying to piss you off. Sure, some are very annoying (like Kagome or Miaka) but most of them aren't that bad.

Oh, and you have a point about the fangirls. While there are many of them that are incredibly annoying and think they're Japanese people named Riku or Yuki, there are also many fanboys who are prissy know-it-alls who think they're better than everyone else because they have all the moetan merchandise.

- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:50 am
I just want to say "kudos" to both Oath and Sugar. I don't think I could have worded it better myself!

I'll add my two cents anywho:

I hate when yaoi fan-people blab on and on about being open-minded then shun other groups like lesbians and hetero relationships. It is alright to have preferences, but when they outright discriminate... it defeats the purpose. I mean... to hate a female character that is a possible candidate for a relationship JUST because she is female sounds pretty sexist to me...

They also must get off their high horse and admit that their opinions on who-would-be-with-who is not what everyone else is going to agree with. Everyone is free to support whomever they wish.  

IIGRAYII

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:25 pm
A gaggle of ganguro girls, Osaka-based con.

They REALLY liked the ears and tail, I nearly died! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:18 pm
Oath...Sugar....Serith...

Thank god there are sane fans out there.
I admit to "raeging" a bit while reading some of the threads even in this very guild.

But not to sound ageist, but I think it's because most of them are rather young. They don't know any better.....so stop being stupid and learn.

Pretty Pretty Priceless

User_2629207

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:24 pm
Shard Of Ronin

eek! Ganguro is so scary o_o;; I don't mind more toned-down gyaru (himegyaru is kinda cute) but ganguro is just... you want to run away.
- Oscar Wilde.User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:48 pm
Shard Of Ronin

Ganguro = black face on Asians.

Pretty Pretty Priceless

Sorenlvr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:45 pm
I think that if the yaoi fan-girls are open minded enough to be huge fans of yaoi, then they should be open minded enough to accept yuri as it is, its technically all the same, just the opposite gender.

As for that twilight bit, in the movie, how can you take Edward seriously when he tells Bella he is a born killer when his skin is sparkling? I honestly did read the book, and I really do not see why so many people are obsessed with that series, Jacob ends up being a type of ***** and Bella goes from Edward to Jacob, back to Edward, I know there are circumstances that caused it, but sheesh its not as good as everyone makes it out to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:30 am
XIII falling stars
Shard Of Ronin

Ganguro = black face on Asians.

I'm well aware of what ganguro is, and I think it's rather fun, but rabid ganguro tail-chasers hunting in packs is just terrifying. I was lucky to escape with my life.

And how do such TINY girls run so fast? They were less than half my height and they still kept up with me! gonk  

Shard Of Ronin

7,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

eartianwerewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:14 pm
heh. I actually like Twilight xd Not the last one though. The third was the best because of the love conflict.The last sucked butt. And the movie was funny! blaugh All the lines came out corny, the Cullens were all wrong- gosh I laughed pretty hard. And I do get its faults; in fact, I always said I didn't like Stephanie Meyer's writing and that another writer could have made the same story much better. Yah the sparkling thing...I don't get that.

Anyway, back onto the fangirl topic. We are pretty crazy huh? oooooo and I so wanna go to those conventions! SCHWEE! I would die! Course I wouldn't mind cosplaying as a guy and getting a guy to kiss me. That would be nice....

Yah, I don't normally bash pairing though I can criticize them heavily if they make no sense- escpecially when a character is too straight to even argueXD. I like a little wiggle room that makes a guyXguy pairing possible.

Oh and Yuri. I am willing to listen to any female pairings. I just won't goggle over photos like I do with yaoi!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:09 pm
When I saw the sparkly skin scene of Twilight, I was all like "...why is he so sweaty?? confused "  

IIGRAYII

eartianwerewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:40 pm
And Robert Patterson, the guy that played Edward, atleast I think that;s his name, had really bad stubble.
Me: " eek This is so wrong. gonk scream IT'S ALL WRONG!!!!!!!!!!"

Wait maybe this should be posted in a Twilight post........  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff