Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What do I do with the food I give to spirits? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:23 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
That's what I was thinking actually 3nodding Now I just need to compose a good prayer and decide on which symbols.
What symbols and prayers have you used in the past?
Spirals, yin-yang, lightening bolt, eye of horus gonk I was a mish-mosh.

Usually, when I pray at the table, I simply say I'd like to honor at the table *insert spirits' names* say a few things about what's going on, where guidance is needed, and gratitude for things that were resolved, and end with "Let us celebrate those who are here, and remember those who have passed"

EDIT: I have this one symbol I made for myself and worship, but I don't use it that often, partially because I'm not sure exactly if it stands for me or if it's for something else.
I'd include the bolded bits. I'd wait for more context before going any further though. I'd also revisit the symbols and see if there is meaning that goes beyond the common stylistic exposure. For example, the use of an eye is something that has meaning in my tradition, but it isn't the eye of Horus.

Stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:40 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
That's what I was thinking actually 3nodding Now I just need to compose a good prayer and decide on which symbols.
What symbols and prayers have you used in the past?
Spirals, yin-yang, lightening bolt, eye of horus gonk I was a mish-mosh.

Usually, when I pray at the table, I simply say I'd like to honor at the table *insert spirits' names* say a few things about what's going on, where guidance is needed, and gratitude for things that were resolved, and end with "Let us celebrate those who are here, and remember those who have passed"

EDIT: I have this one symbol I made for myself and worship, but I don't use it that often, partially because I'm not sure exactly if it stands for me or if it's for something else.
I'd include the bolded bits. I'd wait for more context before going any further though. I'd also revisit the symbols and see if there is meaning that goes beyond the common stylistic exposure. For example, the use of an eye is something that has meaning in my tradition, but it isn't the eye of Horus.

Stuff like that.
Cool. *is so excited*  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:44 pm
Gho the Girl
Cool. *is so excited*
Spiff. So- those symbols, what do they mean to you?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:57 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
Cool. *is so excited*
Spiff. So- those symbols, what do they mean to you?
WHich symbols?

The Eye of Horus to me is a very beautiful eye. I've always loved eyes, but I also find them spiritual. I've heard it said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and I believe it. (My favourite painting ever is by a local artist, and it is of a woman in a speak easy. I looked at her eyes, and it told me this story of who she was, and what she was doing, and what she was thinking. THere was so much there, and I knew it like she told it to me herself. I might not have been correct, but the ability to communicate through her glance was so powerful I still remember it vividly).

Lightening. It's Energy, POW! Release of anger, destruction, but also power and strength.

Spiral is cyclical, which is important in my spirituality, but what I like as opposed to just a circle, it grows as it revolves, it becomes better, sort of like as we continue to live, die, return, and reincarnate, we grow in knowledge and experience.
And it's pretty.

Yin Yang. The world is diametrically (is that the right word) opposed, but this conflict spins upon itself and makes something new.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:06 am
Gho the Girl

The Eye of Horus to me is a very beautiful eye. I've always loved eyes, but I also find them spiritual. I've heard it said that the eyes are the windows to the soul, and I believe it. (My favourite painting ever is by a local artist, and it is of a woman in a speak easy. I looked at her eyes, and it told me this story of who she was, and what she was doing, and what she was thinking. THere was so much there, and I knew it like she told it to me herself. I might not have been correct, but the ability to communicate through her glance was so powerful I still remember it vividly).
Very cool. Perhaps you can design your own eye glyph.
Quote:

Lightening. It's Energy, POW! Release of anger, destruction, but also power and strength.
Neat. Do you have any kind of sacred numerology? How in depth have you studied how lightening works?
Quote:

Spiral is cyclical, which is important in my spirituality, but what I like as opposed to just a circle, it grows as it revolves, it becomes better, sort of like as we continue to live, die, return, and reincarnate, we grow in knowledge and experience.
And it's pretty.
Spiff. Perhaps there are details to add to it? What symbolizes knowledge and experience to you?

Quote:
Yin Yang. The world is diametrically (is that the right word) opposed, but this conflict spins upon itself and makes something new.
~nods~ Neat- have you thought of combining the dichotomy with the spiral?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:27 am
TeaDidikai
Very cool. Perhaps you can design your own eye glyph.
Yep, makes sense.
Quote:

Neat. Do you have any kind of sacred numerology?
I have a fascination with the number 23, but that has to do more with watching that movie with Jim Carrey than my religion ninja
Quote:
How in depth have you studied how lightening works?
Not very. I remember something about a strong difference in charge between two points, and how that energy is released with a spark, aka lightening.

I also know that when lightening strikes the ground in the desert, you get glass. Which I think is awesome.
Quote:
Spiff. Perhaps there are details to add to it? What symbolizes knowledge and experience to you?
Don't really have a specific symbol for knowledge, at least, not that i can think of.
Quote:
~nods~ Neat- have you thought of combining the dichotomy with the spiral?
That makes sense, I'll have to sketch that out and see if I can make someting of that.  

Gho the Girl

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:49 am
Gho the Girl
I have a fascination with the number 23, but that has to do more with watching that movie with Jim Carrey than my religion ninja
I ask because you could incorporate it into the design. You could also make a glyph that represents the two starting points coming together to make the bolt.
Quote:
Don't really have a specific symbol for knowledge, at least, not that i can think of. ...
That makes sense, I'll have to sketch that out and see if I can make someting of that.
Neat.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:47 pm
Gho the Girl
I thought I explained all this in my path thread gonk maybe I didn't, or maybe nobody read it emo I know it's not especially well written but I wish people would take even just a little notice.

This path thread?
I do apologize, my mind is a bit cloudy, as I have had a fever for the past couple days.
No offense was intended, but starry heavens am I good at giving the unintentional variety. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:44 pm
Fiddlers Green
Gho the Girl
I thought I explained all this in my path thread gonk maybe I didn't, or maybe nobody read it emo I know it's not especially well written but I wish people would take even just a little notice.

This path thread?
I do apologize, my mind is a bit cloudy, as I have had a fever for the past couple days.
No offense was intended, but starry heavens am I good at giving the unintentional variety. sweatdrop
Yes, and I was in the middle of a complete overhaul, and I'd already deleted what was there (the stuff no one read for hte good week or so it's been there) when I go to click submit, when Gaia went "LOLZ TIMED YOU OUT FAGAN" crying
It kinda crushed my spirit to have just down all this writing, but it was my fault for not having a backup copy.

ANyways, I'll slowly rebuild what was there.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:06 pm
Oh, I'm sorry. neutral
I should probably finish my pathway entry soon...
But then again, the part I'm stuck on explianing is the part about how to divide infinity exactly in half.
It's easy to understand, hard to explain for me. sweatdrop  

Fiddlers Green

Autumnal Light

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 pm
Fiddlers Green
Oh, I'm sorry. neutral
But then again, the part I'm stuck on explianing is the part about how to divide infinity exactly in half.

Hmm... Mathematically speaking, wouldn't zero be the midpoint between the two halves of infinity?

negative infinity --> zero
=
zero --> infinity

Or something like that... Not sure if that helps. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 pm
Fiddlers Green
Oh, I'm sorry. neutral
No, it's fine, just hexed as all hell that gaia ******** me royally.
Quote:

You take infinity and divide it exactly in half. How else should it be explained?  

Gho the Girl

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:29 am
Gho the Girl
Fiddlers Green
Gho the Girl

This path thread?
Yes, and I was in the middle of a complete overhaul, and I'd already deleted what was there (the stuff no one read for hte good week or so it's been there) when I go to click submit, when Gaia went "LOLZ TIMED YOU OUT FAGAN" crying
It kinda crushed my spirit to have just down all this writing, but it was my fault for not having a backup copy.

ANyways, I'll slowly rebuild what was there.

I read it biggrin , day after you first put it up, but I'm more of a lurker so I didn't post anything sweatdrop .  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:09 am
Don't forget existing symbols for these things! Such as existing lightning symbols like the Gramovici Znaci or Kolovrat'. Both represent ball lightning, if I remember correctly, which may not be exactly what you're looking for. Just remember that there is a wealth of symbols already there - you might find exactly what you're looking for aesthetically and meaningfully with a bit of research and a mindfulness of cultural appropriateness.  

Collowrath

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:21 pm
Romanus
Don't forget existing symbols for these things! Such as existing lightning symbols like the Gramovici Znaci or Kolovrat'. Both represent ball lightning, if I remember correctly, which may not be exactly what you're looking for. Just remember that there is a wealth of symbols already there - you might find exactly what you're looking for aesthetically and meaningfully with a bit of research and a mindfulness of cultural appropriateness.
Myself, I tend to be wary about the subtle implications that are mystically attached to symbols. Some things get lost in translation.

Both Deo and I wonder now and then how many people have gotten knocked up/knocked someone up because they thought Ing was a spiffy rune of "creativity" and wanted to use it to help them with their artwork.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff