Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE, GO BACK TO YOUR NEW AGE PEN. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:57 pm
Hello Seraphimia. Don't know if you've met me, but I'm DB. I'm going to try and discuss this with you. I hope you have the maturity to actually discuss, as without such maturity any and all chance of anybody learning or growing spiritually becomes pretty null. We're all here to help eachother out, we just aren't usually the type to sugar coat. This should not be taken as out and out antagonism, merely bluntness.

Anyways, onto the discussion. I hope you join in.
Quote:

Seraphimia
Quote:
Yes. And I reported it, and her thread, with a link to this thread, for harassment. .

Yes and you all quickly deleted all your nasty and harassing posts towards me though, that were in this thread. Double standards here.

Actually, I don't think anybody deleted anything of their own. If it was in your thread, it was probably mods deleting it. Nuri in another thread said that no mods did any deleting in this guild, so I find that claim a little suspect, and quite possibly paranoid. We aren't here to make you feel bad, we're here to teach and help us all learn. If you've ever heard of "trial by fire" you'll know that such an effort isn't always pleasant for the ones being initiated, but in the end, should they make it through, they will have grown commendably for it. I went through it, many here went through it, and honestly, getting immensely upset and throwing an e-tantrum doesn't score so well. I'd advise making an effort to avoid such behaviour in the future, and keep in mind that we really aren't out to get you. If we were, you wouldn't still be a part of this guild.
Quote:

You are a bunch of sheeple the lot of you. You wouldn't know what was pagan if it came up an bit you on the arse.

This is quite an assertion. I'd suggest sharing what sources you have that justify your actions, and I'm sure that they will provide their own sources that justify the questioning of your actions. Obviously someone is misinformed, but to automatically assume that it must be the other side is a little fallacious. No one is above reproach, no one is beyond mistake, and this goes for everybody, you included. Crying "sheeple" and running away from a potential teaching/learning experience serves nothing but your own pride.
Quote:

Quote:
How absolutely adorable of you. I can't even find a statement of why we aren't pagans, other than we don't agree with you.

DITTO, I dared to have my own opinion and you all s**t on me, but you find that okay. Bunch of new agers.

Now now, that's faulty reasoning. You haven't shown that indeed they are new-agers. All you've provided is a assertion, that they are new-agers, and your reasoning is, that they disagree with you.

This line of thinking isn't helpful, for anybody, yourself included. Now would be the time for either side, and I now turn this to the others in this guild, to provide citations or substanitated information. If a belief is unfounded, or worse, contrary to reality, it needs to be "shitted on" i.e. pointed out as flawed or unbased. Show that yours is based and isn't flawed, and I know that those who have disagreed with you will act accordingly.
Quote:

Quote:
What use is a Celtic ceremony for those who are not Celtic?

Are you seriously asking such a dumb arse questions? *face palm*

It isn't a dumbass question at all. I'm not Jewish, and neither is my child, so why would I throw them a Bat-Mitzvah? (correct for spelling if needed please). Cultural and spiritual specific ceremonies don't make much sense when performed for those outside the specific and culture and spirituality. There is a loss of meaning, a lack of honorship of the original intentions of the creators of these ceremonies, and takes something that has a specific meaning culturally and spiritually out of it's context, thus removing the cultural and spiritual significance, turning it into a hollow product. Can you provide a reason why it would be appropriate to perform a culture specific ritual for those outside the specific culture?
Quote:

Quote:
Long story short, she set up a Gaia marriage thing, and called it a handfasting. People were asking questions on it, so she flipped. Thats pretty much it.

Long story truth, LIES. You were all down on me like a ton of bricks, no questions ALL bitching. As I said though you all removed the proof didn't you, how very convenient for you. Still bash the person even though you require evidence from them, but give none yourselves.

That's still a little paranoid, and I'd suggest leaving that where it is. Also, you banned most of them from that thread and put them on ignore without giving them a chance to provide evidence, and to be fair, since you were the one asserting that you were indeed performing valid handfasting ceremonies, it is your job to prove such. Throwing an e-fit, name calling, and putting those who agree with you on ignore, isn't doing that at all, and throws your assertions about the validity about your handfasting ceremonies into further suspect.
Quote:

You can give it, but you can't take it.

FOR YOU ALL NICE PEOPLE...
Quote:

Look inside,
Look inside your tiny mind
Now look a bit harder
Cause we're so uninspired,
So sick and tired,
Of all the hatred you harbour

That really just amounts to name calling, and is thus bad behaviour. We can't take you seriously if you don't conduct yourself in a serious, mature manner. Respect is earned, not merely given. So far, you haven't done anything to earn any respect, and so many are giving you none.
Quote:

Quote:

Since the later 20th century, "Pagan" or "Paganism" has become widely used as a self-designation by adherents of Neopaganism.[5] As such, various modern scholars have begun to apply the term to three separate groups of faiths: Historical Polytheism (such as Celtic polytheism and Norse paganism), Folk/ethnic/Indigenous religions (such as Chinese folk religion and African traditional religion), and Neo-paganism (such as Wicca and Germanic Neopaganism).

Point in case. A modern term, not a traditional term used historically among the pre-Christian territories. It is modern scholars assigning the term pagan to what has traditionally been non-pagan beliefs or religions through history. But then I already knew that, I've had my degree level history. rolleyes
Can we see links? I'd like to see not just what is your information, but where you're getting it from. And further, how does this justify your use of the term "handfasting"?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:42 pm
Dear Seraphimia;

I don't know if you'll read this. I don't know what you're trying to accomplish. I just really need to get this off of my chest, because I care about this guild and the people in it.

You might have more people talking to you more nicely if you weren't throwing insults at us before we've even spoken to you. some members of this guild upset you. Then you come back calling us all names.

I'm offended by what you've said, but I'm not going to call you names. I don't do that. I'd just like to ask you to either address the people that you're arguing specifically with, and maybe tone down the YOU ARE ALL SHEEPLE stuff to the whole guild.

If you wanted someone in your corner here, you ruined your chances the moment you started telling us that we're all jerks. And using New-Age as a derogatory term also strikes an unpleasant note with me. Some people might be okay being such. Some New-Age and Pagan practices may blend. Why are you saying it as if it makes those who are horrible people?

I'm not saying this for the people who have called you out. I respect their ability to speak for themselves, and they can hold their own. I'm saying this for a lot of the quieter members here, who really don't deserve to be called names.

I'm sorry you're upset, but calming your tone and dialing back your accusations would go a long ways towards actually resolving this for everyone.  

TatteredAngel

Calixti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:10 pm
Seraphimia

@Gho the Girl Note the distinct lack of posts on the first page of this thread, that's due to deletion NOT paranoia *geez*

Actually, there's thirteen posts on the first page. Two quote you, one quotes your previous edited OP, one quotes a post I'm fairly certain wasn't in your OP at any point, so a guess? You deleted one of your posts. Since fourteen per page is standard on Gaia.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm
Seraphimia
User ImageUser Image

@Gho the Girl Note the distinct lack of posts on the first page of this thread, that's due to deletion NOT paranoia *geez*
As was pointed out, that's not due to the actions of others.
Quote:

As for being 'mature' perhaps other's might have considered that when they attacked me and then attacked me again when defending myself, in fact the attack started before I'd even responded here.

Blaming others does not remove you from fault. You still are guilty of calling everyone here sheeple, and for throwing a tantrum. These things do represent the actions of a mature person. Right now I'm talking to you, not them, and I'm attempting to hold you accountable for your own actions.
Quote:

I will say this one very last time, the original thread WAS NOT A DISCUSSION, it was an advert for a virtual* service that your nice guild chose to attack me for, so excuse me if I come off a little defensive!!! rolleyes sweatdrop stressed rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes

*Note the emphasis on 'virtual'.
Virtual or not, you used a title of a rite that doesn't belong to you, which is stealing. Since it was virtual, it might be a form of piracy, but stealing and/or plairgirisation is not limited to medium. Being on the internet does not remove you from accountability.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm
Also, from one of the ones you put on ignore:
Quote:
"Miss Seraphimia, Nuri confirmed that no one has deleted their posts. If you are so offended, why are you still here? It's not right to harass the whole guild when you were offended by a couple of members. If you have issues with any of us, (including myself) then I think we are the people you should be addressing. Also, can you at least give us the ability to respond instead of hiding behind your ever changing original post?

All good points.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm
Seraphimia, through our own PM's, has requested that I block her from the guild. You guys can continue to post in this topic, but she will not be able to respond.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 pm
maenad nuri
Seraphimia, through our own PM's, has requested that I block her from the guild. You guys can continue to post in this topic, but she will not be able to respond.
Well you can't win em all. *goes on to other things*  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:12 pm
Gho the Girl
maenad nuri
Well you can't win em all. *goes on to other things*

Actually, it appears something has changed. I used to be able to ban non-members. This is not the case any longer. I don't intend to change our settings for one person. I have requested that if she does not wish to argue with us anymore, that she does not post any longer.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas