Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Do gothic people have it harder at school than nerds? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do u think?
  yes
  no
View Results

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:30 pm
Jonathonn
-l-GothicBooBitchCrafe-l-
i protect my houner and so get in alot of fight protecting alot of my friends cause they get bulley cuaes they are goth . but people dont miss with me cuase they know wat well happen

ENGLISH -- DO YOU SPEAK IT?
For god's sakes, we even have spellcheck, so no excuses there.

And on the topic of goths//nerds.. I'm going to a highschool for the arts. I know a lot of people so far, and everyone tends to get along. Sure, there's the hiearchy, but it's not as strong as other schools.
Also, I've found most goths and nerds get along very well. And the metalheads and goths get along. But the metalheads and nerds usually don't.
What a pain in the a** that is.
Same here. smile

At my school, there really aren't any problems and the only small ones are between the various interest groups, like dancers vs actors and such...and it's only with a few people.

You sort of have to be nice to people though. Around here, even if you don't like someone, you've gotta play it cool anyways. It's easier to land a job in certain industries if you aren't known as an arrogant jerk who doesn't get along with anyone. wink

Related:

Some teachers I know actually prefer to have "goths and nerds" in their classes as opposed to other people. Others, not so much. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:54 am
I have a teacher that admitted she hated goths....she's the religion teacher.....she also hates me in particular xp  

Monsterr Teen

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:49 am
XWraith_LordX
You sort of have to be nice to people though. Around here, even if you don't like someone, you've gotta play it cool anyways. It's easier to land a job in certain industries if you aren't known as an arrogant jerk who doesn't get along with anyone. wink

So when I hit that art critic with a chair, because after the zillionth time explaining it to him, he still insisted one of my paintings was about the no matter how advanced we are man is still a beast, despite the fact, I just thought a cyberpunk style werewolf just sounded like an awesome idea. Is probably why I haven't been offered installation work in a while?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:52 am
Monsterr Teen
I have a teacher that admitted she hated goths....she's the religion teacher.....she also hates me in particular xp

Wanna mess with her head.

Find the biggest ******** off pentagram you can, and wear it when she exclaims you're a satanist and have to leave, say this to her:
"You dumb b***h, you haven't even read the ******** bible have you, if you had, you'd know its a christian sign of protection and the inverted variant is the sign for summoning evil. What are you some kind of moron? You're obviously not qualified to teach this class." Then if she gets pissy, you...

...HIT HER IN THE FACE WITH A ******** yeah, goth justice in the classroom brah. ;D  

Rellik San
Crew

Monsterr Teen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:08 pm
Rellik San
Monsterr Teen

Wanna mess with her head.

Find the biggest ******** off pentagram you can, and wear it when she exclaims you're a satanist and have to leave, say this to her:
"You dumb b***h, you haven't even read the ******** bible have you, if you had, you'd know its a christian sign of protection and the inverted variant is the sign for summoning evil. What are you some kind of moron? You're obviously not qualified to teach this class." Then if she gets pissy, you...

...HIT HER IN THE FACE WITH A CHAIR!

******** yeah, goth justice in the classroom brah. ;D

Haha I almost fell out of my chair! XD
Its fun messing with her ^^ We were debating about homosexuality & her argument is... God said it, its in the Bible, Jesus this, Moses that, Abraham hit me with the wiffle bat!

But yeah she's an old ignorant ******** it!
One of this days...one...of this day.... twisted ;D  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:52 am
I find that it's largely about how you present yourself. There are those that fit into the Goth category and look like morons, and then there are those that fit into the Goth category and look like they might actually rip your face off if you laugh at them. The former will be mocked, while the latter will be avoided.

Looking back on high school, I realize that I oozed dominance towards the end. It's amazing how far telling someone high on the food chain to "Shut the ******** up" can get you.  

Rainbow Shrapnel

Sulphuric

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:55 pm
I'm goth in a nerdy (though I prefer the term geeky...) way. It mainly just depends on the school you go to and how your nerdy/goth... y. In my school it's pretty easy being a nerd in a sense, we have a rather large (well, considering what it's about) Japanese club, and an Astronomy club as well, but it's a rich district and the preps and "scholar" (*cough*cheater*cough*) athletes rule. Being a goth would be harder if you not the sort that looks like "... Imma eat ur baybiez," since the closest we have to that are an incredibly small number of emos and metal heads here, but no goths. Most people would just make fun of you. I remember some guy at my school, who I assume is a super seekrit goth, came in wearing a trench coat thingy and people gave him crap about it all day. (... I though it was cool :<)

Monsterr Teen

I used to go to a catholic school, I don't remember how exactly, but I tricked my nun teacher the last year I was there into cursing during religion class xD
She was evil, she tried to convert this one girl who went there that wasn't Catholic. Not to mention all the other crud she preached. Stupid nazi school...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:39 am
At my college, I'm the only person who dresses as, I guess I'll say, darkly as I do. For the most part they are all really good to me, complimenting a piece of clothing, my boots, make-up, or hair. I treat them kindly, they treat me kindly. The worst I've gotten since being here, is "That's... An interesting pair of boots you have on there...." to which I respond, "Why, thank you!" It is so much better here than high school or middle school. XD  

PetreyDish

musicismyforever

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:50 pm
goths kinda have it worse than nerds at my school, i mean, last year in my anatomy class, my teacher treated me so terribly just because i dressed and acted a bit more different from the rest of the class, plus i didnt even have a partner for when we dissected the cat so that was no help, basically, i failed the class because my teacher didnt believe in me nor did he give any effort to help me. i dont like my school but hey! im a senior this year so i'll be outta there in no time! =D  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:53 pm
People are terrified of me. However, they always try to find ways to get inside of my head, as I would never tell of anything about me. Nobody knows who I am, so they do not try to physically put me down, but they try to defeat me psychologically.  

xX Lord Despair Xx

5,100 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:24 pm
Here's a question: Does it/Did it matter?! It's like who gives two f***s in honesty... I never cared at all and yeah that got me beaten a lot but I never cared... stereotypes and labels didn't mean much to me then, still don't now, probably never will  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 am
Answer: Yeah, it probably did, to many people. A lot of people give two ********- some even three or four. Getting beaten or mistreated is not how anyone wants to spend their high school years.

But, I don't think it's possible to say if one has it harder than the other. It is all on a school by school basis.  

Almarea Morilinde

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 am
Lol "steriotypes" honestly.

Anyway, I never had a hard time in high school.
Students who weren't friends with me were scared of me.
I had the wind in the hair walk that made me look like I was out to kill.

A lot of the teachers liked to inquire toward where I got my clothes.

And in college the girls were snooty toward me because a lot of the guys wanted to ******** me. Go figure.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:09 am
i actually have it very easy, and i'm really nerdy and pretty goth. i don't really talk to people, but if they address me, i'm always nice (unless they earn one of my "go ******** yourself" speeches). people respect me because i "have the balls" to tell off a teacher or student, so maybe that's why.  

the_forgotten_thought

Foxglow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 am
Well, I was a Goth and a nerd. But I didn't care what people thought of me.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff