Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Clothing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:52 pm
I believe people should have such gods as they like best. Same goes for clothes. It doesn't matter. Modesty is a social construct in any case.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:15 pm
Again, like with so many topics before, I think intent is to be considered an important factor in this discussion. Why are girls wearing cleavage-baring shirts? Sure, they might be comfortable, but aren't there shirts that are just as comfortable that don't display your assets to those men who are going to automatically objectify you for your endowments (not that all men necessarily do- some do). Why are men hulking their own t-shirts, if not to display their own God-given (possibly steroid-derived (jk guys, jk)) assets? You can wear something just because you like how it feels, and like how it looks on you, but you have to keep in mind why you like how it looks on you. Do you like those pants because of how they give your rear end that extra lift? Do you like the fit of that coat because it makes your shoulders look broader?

True, it is hard to criticize guys as much, because we don't realize that the things we like in the way men wear their clothes is the same sexual attraction men get from the way women wear their clothes. However, it is possibly to be sexy without being over the top (or skanky). Guys especially are very visual, and while yes, everyone is responsible for their own journey, we are also supposed to love our brothers and sisters. Doing what we want without regard for another person's struggle is not love- it's selfish.

As for being naked- being naked is awesome. We come into this world naked, God clearly has nothing wrong with our form, as He made them, and being naked in public (in an appropriate setting like, say, a hot spring or public shower) is actually kind of freeing. But being naked is actually, for some reason, not nearly as vulgar as being partially clad. confused I can't figure this out.

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:08 pm
The difference between being nude and scantily clad is actually quite simple. Scantily clad accepts the societal standards of clothing, but pushes against them. Being nude simply rejects those standards.

Blaming another person or their actions for your shortcomings is never right. Perhaps you would not feel lust at that moment if that girl's skirt was longer. Perhaps you would not steal that pie if it had not been sat on the windowsill.

Perhaps not, but it is solely your responsibility if you did.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 am
Ah, yes, that makes sense.

And of course, ultimately, it is one's own fault if they sin. No one put a gun against your head and said "lust after this person" or "steal that pie." However, there are some sins that seem automatic, like lustful thoughts, for example. They come in so quickly, that by the time you realize they're there, it's already too late. We should at least be mindful of how our dress might affect another person. It's like smoking around someone who's trying to quit. Sure, it's up to them if they wanna smoke, but you don't have to be a jerk and flaunt your own enjoyment of nicotine in their face. It's rude and inconsiderate. confused That's all I'm saying. -shrug-

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Jessy_4 26 2008

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 pm
I do have problems with clothing, since I can only afford to shop at thrift stores or Wal-Mart. The latest "gangsta" clothing trends are all most of them have in stock. At the thrift stores in my area it's the same things, mothers sneaking distasteful clothes out of their child's closets and donating them. That's why I don't have a lot of clothes right now. I actually wear men's jeans because they don't have any design or attempt at form fitting, it's easier to find plain old clothes in that section. My Grandma gets me clothes from the Army Base Store, and those are pretty tasteful, no low neckline or high midriff showing hems.

I'm rather conservative in my clothing, I wear 3/4 or long sleeves, a jacket, and pants. I dislike form fitting clothes, or clothes that show too much skin. Sleeves and my dislike for shorts are just because my long bones aren't formed correctly (Mom was on Tegrotol when she was pregnant with me, so the bones look strange), so I hide them to dodge questions and feel better about myself smile

I am largely against the skin tight clothes that don't cover the chest properly, or the short short skirts that show people's underwear when they bend over. But that's all they are selling in my local stores!!!

I'm not saying that I'm doing it so people don't have lustful thoughts, or I don't look at someone's butt going up the stairs. I just find it indecent to show so much skin, and show your underwear off to people. They are called UNDER wear for a reason! lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:57 pm
The Lady Who Knows
They are called UNDER wear for a reason! lol

Someone tell that to Superman. sweatdrop  

Priestley

Jessy_4 26 2008

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:34 am
Priestley
The Lady Who Knows
They are called UNDER wear for a reason! lol

Someone tell that to Superman. sweatdrop

He's one of the worst offenders! lol No..really, at least his is more of a costume and not every day life. Friday at school I saw some one wearing day glow orange jeans with silver graffiti writing on them, and neon green boxer shorts coming out of the waist band.. mad  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm
A teenage girl I know has a pair of pants she likes that droop enough to show her boxers. She gets bothered about this from time to time. It is actually rather amusing because she wears underwear underneath her boxers.

Incidentally, lustful thoughts can be controlled if one bothers to learn how.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Xandris

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:32 pm
Also: if you're wearing clothing with writing across the chest or butt, you have hithertoforth lost your right to complain about someone staring at those areas.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:54 pm
It depends on the writing. Some of the girl pants with things like 'sexy' written across the butt, I'm inclined to agree. But I wear baby-ts with stuff like "Spoil me, cause I'm worth it" on them and it really isn't there for anything else to be read, as far as I'm concerned. It's pretty obvious when someone ISN'T reading the writing and that's what I tend to get annoyed with. Especially if they don't bother to look up to speak to you.  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:48 pm
I absolutely HATE those pants with things written across the butt. I always feel like girls are trying to name that body part, or describe it in some way. Like having "SPOILED" scrawled across it. The first thing I think is "oh, your butt is spoiled? what, you use fancy toilet paper or what?" I just think it looks so tacky. D: I hate when parents dress their little girls in those pants too. It's like, inviting *****. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:22 pm
I do where those sorts of pants, sometimes. They make comfy pajamas (they're usually yoga pants or something like it). 3nodding  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:22 pm
Well, yes, but you can buy the exact same thing and not pay the extra $5 for the scribbles on the backside. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 pm
True enough.  

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200

Xandris

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:46 am
Unfortunately, those butt-writing pants in public are usually worn by a woman who feels the need to flaunt something she obviously doesn't have but REALLY thinks that she does, and if you're not in complete awe of her every goddess-like motion then you are scum and don't dare turn an eye to gaze upon her magnificence ever again. stare

But using them for private use is okay. Maybe they are really comfy. mrgreen  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces