Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Problem in School (please help) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:54 am
This things are so small and insignificant on the scale of life.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:36 am
Zahthan II

Thats a pretty brave assumption, anything that bothers or upsets a person is not small in any scale. If you look at life on the whole, people tend to get superior and its upto people like me to pull them off their high horses and curb stomp all the while saying "Don't worry, these things are insignificant in the scale of life."  

Rellik San
Crew

Bloody Loon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:55 am
You know why? Because people are dickheads. If you are actively different from you, they WILL put you down to amuse themselves. Either make them scared of you, or become a little conformist fit-in, and they won't bug you. No matter how nice you are to some people, if you aren't part of their narrow-minded view of their world, you deserve to suffer in their mind.

Basically, you're asking for it by being different. People will be people, nothing you can do about it. I got out of it by being 6'2, 241 pounds and somewhat muscle-bound, in addition to being nice. Also, don't be afraid of the authorities, unless they're afraid or disapproving of you. They're the people you have to be nice to, not the kids. They can make the kids be REALLY unhappy if they mess with you, and you know, being a 'Squeal' isn't really going to make you that much more unpopular than goth, so, you've got quite a deal there. However, if the teachers are as intolerant as the kids, you're ********. Either stop being goth in public, become really scary, or just wait patiently for college, where you'll be ridiculed for labeling yourself. Welcome to life, it sucks, and then you die. Unless you kiss a lot of a**, then you have to invest in mouthwash.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:15 am
Rellik San
Zahthan II

Thats a pretty brave assumption, anything that bothers or upsets a person is not small in any scale. If you look at life on the whole, people tend to get superior and its upto people like me to pull them off their high horses and curb stomp all the while saying "Don't worry, these things are insignificant in the scale of life."
That's what I often tell people, that if someone has a problem no matter how small it is in the scale of the universe, if it's bothering them or hurting them, then it does matter.

Telling people their problems don't matter tends to make them worse.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Sautana

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:48 am
Like you I'm the only goth in school people asume me to be emo but am not... anyways. I suggest leaving them alone (the ones who mistreat you) for me they dont have anything else to do in their lives so they bully you, unleass the problem escalates then you have to tell them to stop its you have the right to be treated equally... just be yourself... and stay with your friends they are there to back you up in times like these. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:32 am
People that are mean to the nice people just for being different make me sick. I've had to deal with people like that since I started school (like when I was 5!) and I still can't stand those idiots. Most methods don't tend to work for me, but maybe you should try ignoring them for as long as you can or go to a teacher about it, or maybe you could learn some non-violent self-defense classes? Judo is good. Also there's always the "laugh along with them" trick. People call you a freak, you laugh and take it as a compliment. Coz that's basically what it is. Most of them are jealous. The remainder who aren't jealous are just pathetic little worms looking for some cheap entertainment at the expense of an innocent person. They aren't worthy of seeing you get upset.  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

Padli Andel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Lol people are actually really nice to me for some odd reason...I think its because they're scared  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm
I don't mean to offend you because this is religious advice but I have normal advice a little later. In church they try to convince you not to get angry by using this technique, that if someone's making fun of you, remember that they are the ones sinning and you should love them and tell them to tease you more. They will either do that or leave you alone. I personally think that method is severely flawed. I do two things, one, I bite myself (Not a very good idea) and, two, I tell the school counselor. You could always try telling someone at the school you trust will fix it.  

Official Gothic Chick

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:27 pm
I see threads like this all the time, and I say the same thing every time.

I NEVER had this problem.

You just need to send the message that you don't give a s**t.

- When walking through the halls walk like you're on a mission and don't acknowledge anyone - not kidding. Also walk with your head up.

- Completely ignore any insults, or just answer them with a slight smile.

That's really about it. Any attempts at civil interaction by your classmates can be met with decency and equal civility. That way the air of IDGAS you project will be distilled with the people who bother to know you.

The people who are giving you grief will be too intimidated to continue giving you grief.

At least that's how it worked with me. I always heard that certain people hated me, and I heard that things were said about me. But none of it was ever brought to my attention by the offenders because they were too scared to approach me.

I don't know if these are steps you can truly assimilate unto yourself because really it's just how I was, and it worked for me. But, hey, you can try.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:07 pm
Zahmen II

Xahmen

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces