Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Edain McCoy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:55 pm
Wow... so she basically lied in her email or her book. Cute.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:58 pm
I noticed that she completely missed the fact that he was speaking about his culture, and assumed that he was pissed about a misrepresentation of his "pagan tradition". What an idiot.

It would be interesting to find out if the coven she was working with in Texas still exists, and what their sources are for what they were teaching to others.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:45 pm
Ultraviolett1127
Still though, just because a fluff is in America, it doesn't give them permission to rape the s**t out of a culture or create history on the fly. And it irks me, to put it lightly, when people think "freedom of religion" entitles them to do s**t like that.

Cu, are you aware of any possible legal actions McCoy could take against your site?

Let's pretend I'm registering the domain in america, instead of Ireland, and that somehow I'm under american jurisdiction.
So what?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:58 pm
CuAnnan
Ultraviolett1127
Still though, just because a fluff is in America, it doesn't give them permission to rape the s**t out of a culture or create history on the fly. And it irks me, to put it lightly, when people think "freedom of religion" entitles them to do s**t like that.

Cu, are you aware of any possible legal actions McCoy could take against your site?

Let's pretend I'm registering the domain in america, instead of Ireland, and that somehow I'm under american jurisdiction.
So what?
Well, so what would be a defamation suit.

On the plus side, the best defense against a defamation suit is the truth. Since you have the email and a copy of her book, you're fine.  

TeaDidikai

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:38 pm
Wow. Just... wow. I don't have words to express how disgusted I am at her.

You've got far more patience than me Cu.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:50 pm
TeaDidikai
CuAnnan
Ultraviolett1127

So what?
Well, so what would be a defamation suit.

On the plus side, the best defense against a defamation suit is the truth. Since you have the email and a copy of her book, you're fine.

Nope. I'm not going to defame her. I'm going to call her a liar, a bigot and a fraud.
I am then going to cite her email and book to prove these claims.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:44 am
CuAnnan

Nope. I'm not going to defame her. I'm going to call her a liar, a bigot and a fraud.
I am then going to cite her email and book to prove these claims.
My point exactly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:38 am
I hate the fact she bought in the whole 'If I want judgement I'll be a christian' thing.

*eyetwitch*
That is...a huge pet hate of mine.

This should be interesting.

I reckon one should go back to basics with her, and explain to her that what she claims is Irish is intellectually dishonest because scholarly information on the matter states otherwise. The problem people have is how she labels her faith and claims it to be something it isn't.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 pm
patch99329
I hate the fact she bought in the whole 'If I want judgement I'll be a christian' thing.

*eyetwitch*
That is...a huge pet hate of mine.

This should be interesting.

I reckon one should go back to basics with her, and explain to her that what she claims is Irish is intellectually dishonest because scholarly information on the matter states otherwise. The problem people have is how she labels her faith and claims it to be something it isn't.
She needs a good lesson in what bigotry is and why she is one.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:24 pm
I have a fully written response to her.
I have one of her "books" here, on loan.
I will endeavour to read it.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

scorplett

Blessed Regular

6,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:13 pm
CuAnnan
I have a fully written response to her.
I have one of her "books" here, on loan.
I will endeavour to read it.

It's not a book, it's a draught excluder and occasional ballast. At least that's what I always did with it!
It's not on loan either, that would mean I want it back! razz
Also, if you manage to read that tripe, you will have done something I never could... bravo!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:03 am
Is it just me, or was that horrendously hard to follow?

All I heard was "I can do what I want, I'm different than you, and you're narrow minded."

I don't think she even remotely tried to answer any of Cu's questions either.  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

RubyLight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:35 am
I thought her letter was disgusting! She not only bastardized Irish culture, she acted like she represents The United State's view. As a born citizen of the US, I am very offended! She basically said "I am an American, I can do whatever the hell I want!" Gods, no wonder my nation has bad foreign relations. She should join the Bush Administration! scream

Sorry, for going on a bit of a rant, but that woman pisses me off.

I'll gladly check out Cu's website when its up. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:56 am
RubyLight
I thought her letter was disgusting! She not only bastardized Irish culture, she acted like she represents The United State's view. As a born citizen of the US, I am very offended! She basically said "I am an American, I can do whatever the hell I want!" Gods, no wonder my nation has bad foreign relations. She should join the Bush Administration! scream

Sorry, for going on a bit of a rant, but that woman pisses me off.

I'll gladly check out Cu's website when its up. 3nodding

I agree. It felt like the first half of her letter was a lecture saying that we do it wrong differently over here. Because, as we all know, saying that "we do it different" automatically makes it all ok rolleyes  

PhantomPhoenix0

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 am
Taliah

All I heard was "I can do what I want, I'm different than you, and you're narrow minded."
The mantra of the fluffy.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces