Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:50 pm
Taliah

Awe is where you find yourself inspired, or rather, amazed by something (God, Natural forces, etc.).
Might want to double check that.

Quote:
Psychodrama, I'm not really sure I've heard of before.
Psychodrama is used within religious practices to generate a sense of awe. Depending on the application, you can internally generate awe, or connect with a sense of awe independent of your surroundings.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:17 am
So, awe and psychodrama are related, in that psychodrama can instill the sense of awe purposefully, right?

Does that mean psychodrama can be a good and bad thing?  

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:31 am
Taliah
So, awe and psychodrama are related, in that psychodrama can instill the sense of awe purposefully, right?
Yep.

So- once you induce an experience, try personally altering it. Ever done any lucid dreaming?

Quote:
Yep.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 pm
TeaDidikai
Taliah
Yep.

So- once you induce an experience, try personally altering it. Ever done any lucid dreaming?

That's what NLP teaches you to do, too. Funny.  

Maze

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm
TeaDidikai
Taliah
Yep.

A lot of people tend to use "psychodrama" as a negative, both because there is an element of acting implied in psychodrama (and indeed existing there) which implies a falseness.

In a lot of ways, psychodrama is a way to take everyone along for a ride (unless they're sufficiently strong/resistant to refuse or take their own boat) with a goal of worship and honoring. With multiple people who COULD take their own boats combining intentions, the drive can become very strong. With several strong personalities surrounding many weaker, a lot is depending on the ethics and morality of the strong personalities.

Personally, I think it is in the knowledge and intentions of the leaders of psychodrama where the "good" and"bad"lie, not in the possible falseness of psychodrama.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:11 pm
I am a complete idiot. Tea, when you talk about "Mr. Darks" are you by any chance referencing Something Wicked This Way Comes?  

TheDisreputableDog

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:19 am
TheDisreputableDog
I am a complete idiot. Tea, when you talk about "Mr. Darks" are you by any chance referencing Something Wicked This Way Comes?

Mr. Darks are my fault, I'm afraid. It was an old term (from 1990s ISCAbbs) for pagans caught up in "magical battles" against the Mr. Dark of their local area because they wanted to be special.

I like the term, so I use it a lot. It makes me giggle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:34 pm
Deoridhe
TheDisreputableDog

Mr. Darks are my fault, I'm afraid. It was an old term (from 1990s ISCAbbs) for pagans caught up in "magical battles" against the Mr. Dark of their local area because they wanted to be special.

I had completely forgotten about that book but I was researching Ray Bradbury to snark at my creative writing professor for vetoing "genre" fiction for his "literary" fiction class--citing Bradbury and Kurt Vonnegut as 'literary writers who use genre elements'--even though the title of the course is just "Creative Writing: Fiction," and I had a "duh" moment.  

TheDisreputableDog

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:31 am
Well, I have a stupid question. What are the terms that determine fate Nordic followings. I know that it pertains to the weight of past decisions influencing present decisions. Gahh, I don't even know how to ask this sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 am
Deoridhe

A lot of people tend to use "psychodrama" as a negative, both because there is an element of acting implied in psychodrama (and indeed existing there) which implies a falseness.

In a lot of ways, psychodrama is a way to take everyone along for a ride (unless they're sufficiently strong/resistant to refuse or take their own boat) with a goal of worship and honoring. With multiple people who COULD take their own boats combining intentions, the drive can become very strong. With several strong personalities surrounding many weaker, a lot is depending on the ethics and morality of the strong personalities.

Personally, I think it is in the knowledge and intentions of the leaders of psychodrama where the "good" and"bad"lie, not in the possible falseness of psychodrama.
And then there's Yasmine's discussion about "Dramatic Play and Deep Play", but since I view Anton's brand of Satanism to be perfectly valid practice, I tend to take it in the same way you do- that the intentions and applications set it's nature.

Deoridhe
TheDisreputableDog

I'm bookmarking this post for future reference.

Shearaha
Well, I have a stupid question. What are the terms that determine fate Nordic followings. I know that it pertains to the weight of past decisions influencing present decisions. Gahh, I don't even know how to ask this sweatdrop

Perhaps more description? Maybe an example?

There are a couple terms that come to mind- including Hamingja, fylgja, Vörðr, the complexities that are the Norns (above and beyond Urd, Verdandi and Skuld), or maybe even the Dis.  

TeaDidikai

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:17 pm
It's a term I heard a while ago and can't remember where. It was used to mean something similar to fate. In that because of what had gone before this is what was most likely to happen next. It could be changed but depending on how much "weight" the past had over it it could take the intervention of the Nords to change it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 pm
i have a question about the Christian concept of sin.

basically, evil is the hole in the donut of reality; evil does not exist but it is real [it has no esse].

sin is the choice of evil over good, like stepping over one good to get to another [because no one intentionally chooses evil, according to Catholicism; we choose what we think is good, so in every choice we choose God, but some choices are less complete than others]

however, if YHVH is infinite, how can humans generate these holes of existence/do evil through sin? wouldn't that mean that God is being limited by humans in some fashion [like, move out, i'm creating a hole here]? or am i totally getting it hardcore wrong?

@ Shearaha: is that term you're looking for called wyrd?

`Blaise

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:41 pm
What does being a shaman mean?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:59 pm
`Blaise
i have a question about the Christian concept of sin.

basically, evil is the hole in the donut of reality; evil does not exist but it is real [it has no esse].

sin is the choice of evil over good, like stepping over one good to get to another [because no one intentionally chooses evil, according to Catholicism; we choose what we think is good, so in every choice we choose God, but some choices are less complete than others]

however, if YHVH is infinite, how can humans generate these holes of existence/do evil through sin? wouldn't that mean that God is being limited by humans in some fashion [like, move out, i'm creating a hole here]? or am i totally getting it hardcore wrong?

@ Shearaha: is that term you're looking for called wyrd?
I don't know where you're getting that "evil is the hole in the donut of reality" idea. From what I remember, sin is merely a transgression against God, whatever it may be. God is all things, so in a sense he is all things, both good and evil, or he's removed from morality itself. Sin is breaking God's rules, so only humans can do it, and I really don't know how that limits God.  

Gho the Girl

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 pm
Shearaha
It's a term I heard a while ago and can't remember where. It was used to mean something similar to fate. In that because of what had gone before this is what was most likely to happen next. It could be changed but depending on how much "weight" the past had over it it could take the intervention of the Nords to change it.

Are you thinking of orlog perhaps?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces