are women weak? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaiyle Brightblade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:46 pm
kirin_girl The Younger
if we want 2 we can b as strong as a man..like we could join amateur wrestling,taekwondo nd etc..
Hell yes we can! And if you work for it, you will become as strong as the boys around you.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm
In strictly psychological and physiological terms, a majority of women are weaker than a majority of men. Of course it doesn't apply to every single individual, but it's still a fact. Just look at sports standards, how the ones for women are lower. It's not discrimination, it's an adjustment. And as for the whole emotional aspect, well, most women are clearly driven by their feelings, making them potentially weaker. (But, then again, most guys are driven by their d**k... so it evens out on that aspect.)

sterek

Tipsy Genius

ALLIGAT0R TEARS

Familiar Fairy

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:59 pm
This is not a valid argument. I can't think of real hard facts that would say one gender is stronger than the other. On top of that, you have failed to describe what kind of strength you are talking about. This is not a bad topic but I just don't see much argument in it. There are weak guys and girls. However, it is safe to say that the hormone differences do tend to lead the men to a higher advantage of gaining physical strength and emotional strength. This may be what you are talking about, but these hormones do not hold girls back. Although, if a girl lifts weight, they will lose many things that make them a female. Just depends on the direction of the debate, in order for me to even try to pick a side.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:45 am
The individual person is what matters.
Some men are really weak, some women are really strong. You can't base this off gender because there are exceptions.

Sensation Ari

5,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200

AThousandLullabies

5,650 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:24 am
i think that's sexist.
some women are weak, just like some guys are weak.

but some women are also very strong.

it's not a matter of gender, it just depends on who the person is.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 am
Lisiana
We're all equal; both men and women. It's just that, as said in a previous post, we have our strengths and weaknesses. There's something guys can do while girls can't and something girls can do while guys can't.
Biologically, sure. I can't impregnate anyone and a man can't have babies. But really... name anything that doesn't have to do with the difference in anatomies. I'm sure there is some woman and some man somewhere who has done that thing. And if they did it, it means that any of us could if we really wanted to.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

libby4554

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 am
AThousandLullabies
i think that's sexist.

That's pretty much what I was going to say! Some guys can be really weak, trust me, I've seen some of the worst... Most of the time I think girls are much stronger, but maybe that's because I'm a girl and most of the guys my age haven't matured yet. Thinking of adults or older teens... Some girls can be really weak as well as the guys, and some guys can be strong, as the girls can. Everyone has their own weaknesses, so there really is not right or wrong answer.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:45 pm
libby4554
AThousandLullabies
i think that's sexist.

That's pretty much what I was going to say! Some guys can be really weak, trust me, I've seen some of the worst... Most of the time I think girls are much stronger, but maybe that's because I'm a girl and most of the guys my age haven't matured yet. Thinking of adults or older teens... Some girls can be really weak as well as the guys, and some guys can be strong, as the girls can. Everyone has their own weaknesses, so there really is not right or wrong answer.

Funny, I was thinking you were gunna quote the bible again..
But hey you pick and choose like every other good christian.

Violent Posture

Taeaomo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 pm
Hisaki_Kage
I think we are emotionally weaker because of hormones, but because we have a higher pain tolerance we are stronger! But as its been stated before, some women are weak just like some men are weak. Its not an all or nothing thing. There are strong women just like there are strong men. We all have our strengths and weaknesses! :3

I agree.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:59 am
User Image

I do believe that women are the weaker ones compared to males. Women should listen to their man most of the time, take care of the house, cook, take care of the kids, etc.

Amarah Couture

5,150 Points
  • Member 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

Pandora Inkheart

5,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:21 pm
Saying 'women' is incredibly vague. We're all individuals, and i can think of several guys who might cry in a movie while i clean my nails, and i often have arm wrestling competitions with people in my class, and there are quite a few guys tha get beaten by girls.

It's a steriotype that women are weak. People get this stupid idea from Dusney movies where the heroic protagonist has to go and save the damsel in distress from some sea monster or evil goddess or something of the sort. People should read Akigami no Shirayukihime more. Males may be physically strong but some women have emotional and moralistic muscles of steel.

That is my opinion though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:10 pm
We are made to look and act weak by the (dumb) macho men in the world.  

LifeMustard

Tsiklop

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:53 am
User Image

You ladies seem to get somewhat offended by the mere suggestion that a man could best you in a contest of strength.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 am
Fabulous Dahling
User Image

You ladies seem to get somewhat offended by the mere suggestion that a man could best you in a contest of strength.
Because people assume that EVERY man could best me in a contest of strength because he is a MAN. Then when we actually have the contests, I WIN SOME OF THEM. People who have wrestled me or engaged me in a contest of strength admit I am strong. People who have not look at me and say, theres no way you could be stronger than a man your size. Guess again.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

cajunvoodoo

Unholy Slayer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:37 pm
The true weakness in anyone would be to accept the idea that you are weak without ever trying to be strong at something. If you let someone tell you that that your gender makes you weaker, and you accept it without ever putting yourself to the test, then you are weak. Everyone (male or female) is going to be stronger at some things and less strong at others.

So, until everyone tries their very best at everything and everyone fully agrees upon a set definition of what really constitutes weakness (because different people have different ideas of what makes a person weak), we'll never really know if there is truly a weaker sex.

And if by some chance there is a weaker sex, it wouldn't make members of that sex any less valuable as human beings.

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff