Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
I have a problem Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:05 am
ShadowCatSoul
Tea, I'm sorry, but I've provided you with all the information I have.
You said "The Lord and Lady", which ones? You actively prayed to them- how can you not know who they were?!

Quote:
answering a question with a question is very un-helpful to me.
Most people find it unhelpful when they aren't willing to put the work in to consider the questions posed and want answers handed to them on a silver platter.

I make a crappy waitress.

Quote:
I didn't post that looking for attention, but I believe the dream meant something.
Why?

Quote:
And as for tests, I don't know how to do tests to see what is what. If I knew how to solve my own problem, I wouldn't have asked for help in the first place. That would be a waste of time.
Deo had some pretty good advice on the matter. Why did you insult her again?

Recursive Paradox
How does one pray to gods that aren't theirs, exactly?
By yelling really loudly, stomping your foot when they ignore you or chalking up regular occurrences to divine will. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:09 am
Maze
Oh, and it'd help if the gods you're trying to reach aren't, you know.. what's the word.. Like Tea's traditions. Closed to outsiders. Cause then you're likely just wasting your time.
And Cu's. The term is usually "Closed Tradition", though in Cu and my case it's closed because of metagenetics- oaths made that travel down from ancestors to their descendants.  

TeaDidikai

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 am
CuAnnan
The Gael placed no significance upon the sun. All of our festivals are lunar based. We planted seeds by the moon, we harvested by the moon, we hunted by the moon, we prayed by the moon. The moon is so sacred there is no word in our language for it.

I'm not sure exactly how to word this question, but the best approximation I can come to is, how do you reference the moon if there's no word for it?

Just curious!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:16 am
Ashley the Bee
CuAnnan
The Gael placed no significance upon the sun. All of our festivals are lunar based. We planted seeds by the moon, we harvested by the moon, we hunted by the moon, we prayed by the moon. The moon is so sacred there is no word in our language for it.

I'm not sure exactly how to word this question, but the best approximation I can come to is, how do you reference the moon if there's no word for it?

Just curious!

We refer to it by the word Geallach, meaning "Brightness".  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:28 am
*pokes Cu for an answer so he can pass it on to his mother*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:04 am
error-dot-tar
CuAnnan

That reminds me of a question that my mother had. She asked me to pass it on to you. Do Gael priests or priestesses (or what the term for it is, I honestly know nothing about it) use a crescent moon facing as such (straightened out, obviously) as a symbol?
]
Not in any tradition I am privvy to.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

error-dot-tar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:34 am
CuAnnan
error-dot-tar
CuAnnan

That reminds me of a question that my mother had. She asked me to pass it on to you. Do Gael priests or priestesses (or what the term for it is, I honestly know nothing about it) use a crescent moon facing as such (straightened out, obviously) as a symbol?

Not in any tradition I am privvy to.

I'll let her know. Thank you blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:32 pm
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement, but I think I'm sorry I came here now. I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice, but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion. Sorry for wasting your time.  

ShadowCatSoul

Ashley the Bee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:39 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement, but I think I'm sorry I came here now. I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice, but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion. Sorry for wasting your time.

Well, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of response did you want?

The most harsh criticisms weren't levied against you, and, honestly, many people end up thinking how you have. There are no shortage of individuals who accidentally create Mr. Darks!

The question before you is now, do you quit the guild and run because of these challenges, or do you pause and evaluate what you believe?

If you do choose to face these challenges, and want to try and discover more about neo-pagan beliefs, I really do recommend that you stay, but, as someone much wiser than I said, speak little and listen much. ^_^

CuAnnan
We refer to it by the word Geallach, meaning "Brightness".

Ah, interesting. Thank you!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:15 pm
Ashley the Bee
Well, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of response did you want?

Generally, in my experience, "here, this is the distilled knowledge that I have fought, bargained, pacted, traded, bloodied and been bloodied for and over. You are a special snowflake princess, worthy of and entitled to everything I know without putting in the effort. Here is the key to understanding the universe".

Ashley the Bee
There are no shortage of individuals who accidentally create Mr. Darks!

I almost ended up down that road.
I am now overly critical of anyone else who practices any form of arcane art to the point that if they don't satisfy my rather stringent criteria, I will not talk to them in an arcane context.

Ashley the Bee
The question before you is now, do you quit the guild and run because of these challenges, or do you pause and evaluate what you believe?

I should start greeting all newcomers with the Challenge posed in the Colloquoy of two Sages.

Ashley the Bee
If you do choose to face these challenges, and want to try and discover more about neo-pagan beliefs, I really do recommend that you stay, but, as someone much wiser than I said, speak little and listen much.

I don't know how much wiser than you he is. He's just less tolerant of foolishness.

Ashley the Bee
Ah, interesting. Thank you!

No worries.  

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:24 pm
Maze
Recursive Paradox

The same way people whose gods they are pray to them?

I dunno?

I'm no theist but I was under the (possibly false) impression that you needed some level of actual connection to a given higher being in order to pray to it and worship it and whatnot.

Which would make them your higher beings, would it not?

I imagine there's some sort of initial approach phase to make that connection, but does that count as prayer? No clue.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:36 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox
By yelling really loudly, stomping your foot when they ignore you or chalking up regular occurrences to divine will. 3nodding

Ah I see. Doesn't seem very effective to me. *grins*  

Recursive Paradox

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:42 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement,

It is very possible. Especially if it is a foolish statement. But at least it will be constructive criticism. What confuses me, is if you knew your statement would be foolish enough to criticize, why are you saying it?

Quote:
but I think I'm sorry I came here now.

Ah that was a foolish statement. Every experience gives something. Even if this place wasn't the right place for you to figure out your dreams, you still gained and learned something here, like you do in every place where minds come together to think.

So your regrets are unfounded.

Quote:
I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice

It is. That's what you got.

Just because you don't like the advice doesn't mean it isn't helpful.

Quote:
but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion.

Kindness is not what this guild is for. Go to the Fluffy Bunny Hugs and Cuddles guild for that. We're here to help, advise and rehabilitate if necessary. We're not here to snuggle you and tuck you into bed.

In fact I would be very creeped out if some of the people in this guild tried to snuggle me and tuck me into bed. x_x

Quote:
Sorry for wasting your time.

Does that apology cover this post as well?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:44 pm
Recursive Paradox
...I was under the (possibly false) impression that you needed some level of actual connection to a given higher being in order to pray to it and worship it and whatnot.

I'm under this impression as well.
At the very least, it strikes me as very rude to just start praying to a deity and asking them for things when you don't even have a bond with them and vice versa.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:47 pm
ShadowCatSoul
I'm probably gonna get criticized even more for this statement, but I think I'm sorry I came here now.

Why are you sorry you came here?
This is a wonderful guild.
Just because no one here will hold your hand and tell you things you want to hear, doesn't make it a bad guild neutral
Quote:
I originally thought this was a place to give new pagans helpful advice, but I haven't recieved even the kindest suggestion.

Why does help have to be kind?
So far everyone who has replied in this thread has been very helpful.
I'm sorry that you're not...keen enough to understand it.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff