Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:04 pm
Extravagantly Yours
Digital Malevolence
Salem MA?

I live like 45minutes away from there.
oh so Extravagant...

My school is like 45 minutes from there.
eek

User Image
My Guild
Probably a diffrent direction then I take though. I live in Plymouth.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:31 am
And now for something completely different....

I wonder if the new Reeve Roule will be a steampunk based EI? the discription states that it is a little clockwork crab, could this be the start of something good? I hope it is...  

Keevan Draco

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:08 pm
Keevan Draco

I wonder if the new Reeve Roule will be a steampunk based EI? the discription states that it is a little clockwork crab, could this be the start of something good? I hope it is...
That would be neat, it would be nice to have more steampunk items then the timepeice MC.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 pm
Digital Malevolence
Keevan Draco

That would be neat, it would be nice to have more steampunk items then the timepeice MC.
I don't know, that recent Ghosthunter item rather reminded me of the Steampunk Ghostbusters.

I just had to post because I was pinning together a steampunk dress when I found this thread.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Digital Malevolence

Greedy Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:50 pm
The Goth Apple
Digital Malevolence
Keevan Draco

I don't know, that recent Ghosthunter item rather reminded me of the Steampunk Ghostbusters.

I just had to post because I was pinning together a steampunk dress when I found this thread.
Yeah, and the Lyndexer's Journal has some sweet steampunk style goggles. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 pm
LOLZ
Even Disney land has noticed Steampunk.

Whisper Gently

Death of Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm
Whisper Gently
LOLZ

Disney half invented the steampunk aesthetic with their original 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:59 pm
Death of Cool
Whisper Gently
LOLZ

Disney half invented the steampunk aesthetic with their original 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

Oh, wow I forgot about that movie, It's been ages since I've seen it.
It's a shame that Disney got rid of the ride and put in Finding Nemo though. It makes perfect sense now that I think of it.
I just recently visited Disneyland the first time since I was 6, and I was realizing just how big of a theme steampunk was in Tomorrowland.

Whisper Gently

SADERR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:51 pm
"Look at what you have created!"
"But..there must be some scientific reality to steampunk!"
"Steam. Powered. Jetskis."
"WHAT HAVE I DONE!?"

Anyways. I've always wanted to try adding it to my fashion, I'll have to aqquire a few things to make some accessories. ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:07 am
Whisper Gently
Death of Cool
Whisper Gently
LOLZ

It's a shame that Disney got rid of the ride and put in Finding Nemo though. It makes perfect sense now that I think of it.
I just recently visited Disneyland the first time since I was 6, and I was realizing just how big of a theme steampunk was in Tomorrowland.

Since its inception, Disney has always been pretty big on "future that might have been" stuff.  

Death of Cool

Sautana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:41 am
waaaa I hope it wont turn into a trend... It will lose its uniqueness and gothrelatedness NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:59 am
Diabolica-III
waaaa I hope it wont turn into a trend... It will lose its uniqueness and gothrelatedness NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sad
stare

Whisper Gently

Whisper Gently

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:00 am
Death of Cool
Whisper Gently
Death of Cool
Whisper Gently
LOLZ

Since its inception, Disney has always been pretty big on "future that might have been" stuff.

My problem with Steampunk is that people get it mixed up a lot with Art Deco.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:14 am
Whisper Gently
Diabolica-III
stare

lolz sorry a little hyper today XP  

Sautana

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:49 pm
Diabolica-III

Steampunk really, REALLY is not unique. It was... I don't know, maybe 15 years ago. But the entire aesthetic is extremely derivative. Every steampunk artist pretty blatantly steals the same generic iconography from every other steampunk artist.

the_underworks
cyberpunk has to be the evolution of steampunk... you cant deny it... the goggles have evolved.

Cyberpunk as a genre and aesthetic predates steampunk by a pretty solid 20 years, so it's more like the other way around.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff