Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 7:51 pm

"So they can do what?" Kazu raised an eyebrow. "They don't want us to leave. They've stopped me every single time I've asked, and why? I don't have anything worth... staying for..." Kazu's eyes drifted to Fira's hands, then back to her face. He took some kind of bottle from his belt, stepped forward and grabbed Fira's hands. At the same time, he pulled the stopper from the bottle with his teeth and titled over her hands, water flowing out slowly. "You would be no good like this..."
He kept his eyes on Fira's hands, but, just for a second, he glanced up, looking into her eyes.
He turned away quickly, placing the bottle back on his belt. "Come on... we don't tell anyone. We just go." He was angry with himself.
He had let his guard down. And he just hoped Fira hadn't seen his eyes, and the sorrow behind them.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:03 pm
Fira resisted the urge to pull her hands away when he grabbed them, a reflex she had long practiced. The water felt so good on her skin, she also resisted the urge to sigh with relief. When his eyes flicked up to hers, she almost missed it, but she saw, something, in them. She looked away almost as fast as he did.

They were just going to go, like that. Something she had thought about, something everyone in the Trenches has thought about, but had never thought that she actually would. Her heart started beating faster, her breathing sped. Adrenaline coursed just at the thought of it.

"We just go- alright."  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Kazu nodded, walking quickly from the kitchen, and out to the tunnel.
He glanced around, before moving off. He had an idea where the door was, but he wasn't entierly sure. He sighed to himself, knowing there was a chance he couldn't get the door open, that they couldn't get out.
But this was his only chance. Chances are, if they got caught, he wouldn't be coming back from the tunnels.

Alive, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:20 pm
Fira followed nearly at his heels. She hoped that they could avoid meeting anyone in the tunnels, and there was a good chance that they wouldn't. The people had obviously found out about the food and had gone home, Fira knew also that the farther they got away from the cenral area, the more sporadic the populace.

Fira knew that they were going the right way, for now at least. She remembered the route she had taken exactly. Of course, she didn't know what she was remebering it for, but she was grateful now.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:23 pm

Kazu slowled down, holding his hand out to stop Fira. He stood, slowly looking from left to right.
"Oh, crap. Someone's following us..." Kazu turned, eyes darting from shadow to shadow. "I can't.... I can't tell where he is... or if it even is a he..." He was scared now. No-one had ever been able to do this to his ability before. It had never happened. "Fira... we need to move... now!" He started to walk backwards slowly, drawing a dagger with his r ight hand.
Not that it would be much good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:31 pm
Fira backed up with him, and spoke in barely a whisper. "Why would they be dangerous, if we get out, we could help everyone down here." Her head whipped around when her hands touched the cold wall behind her. "And what do you plan on doin with that?" She said, nodding at the dagger in his hand.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:37 pm

"Look... I don't know why they would want to hurt us... but certain people don't like other's trying to get out..." Kazu growled. "This dagger is better than nothing, but..." He motioned to the left, then grabbed Fira's hand. "I recommend we RUN!"
Kazu started to run, pulling Fira along with him, as someone shouted 'Stop'.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:44 pm
Fira let Kazu pull her along. She heard the shout from behind, but gave it no heed as Kazu was obviously wary of whoever it was. Their feet pounded along through the tunnel, Fira was making sure that they were still going the right way in their haste. When it appeared as if Kazu was going to run right past the turn they needed to make, Fira pulled against his hand and wheeled to her right into the tunnel offshoot.

"It's this way Kazu." She said to him.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Kazu slid to a stop, turned around and ran after Fira, all the while the echo of the man was getting closer and closer. As they were running, Kazu suddenly noticed there were lots of people following them now. They were all too close for comfort.
"Dammit! Hang on!" Kazu shouted, sprinting forward and scooping Fira off of the ground.
For Kazu, everything was quiet. He couldn't hear his heart-beat, or his footsteps. Nothing.
The only thing he knew, was what was in front of him, and everyone behind him.
And the weight in his arms, reminding him he wasn't alone.
Not this time.
Then, his face brightened. He felt something solid ahead.
"One shot... hang on Fira, this is going to hurt..." Kazu sped up, sweat now trickling down his face, the strain too much for his body.
Finally, he saw it. The door.
And he didn't have time to stop, only chance was to run full speed at it, and hope he hits a weak spot with a kick. One shot.
"It's do or die time!" He was grinning like a mad man. He had found, that the only time he was alive, was when the fear of death was hanging just above his head.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:01 pm
((bridal-style, now is it? wink ))

The most Fira could do was curl up even smaller in Kazu's arms and pray for the best. Though, pray, wasn't exactly the most fitting word. Religion in the Trenches had died off easily once they realized that nothing was going to help them, a God, nor a man. The sound of the air rushing past filed Fira's ears, she tried not to acknowledge all the sets of footsteps behind them, prefering to focus on Kazu's. They were steady and fast, faster than she had ever encountered before. His remark of, this is going to hurt, did nothing to make Fira regret this. There was no fear in her mind, only excitement.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:11 pm

(( Maaaaaaybe whee ))

Kazu roared, leaping forward, his right leg outstreched. He was going to break through. That was it. He couldn't fail, he WOULDN'T fail.

"Now my boy, run as fast as you can, then leap forward and kick. Anyone who gets hit by this won't be getting back up." The old man smiled, his beard dirty and uneven.
"Yes Grandpa..." The young boy nodded, shyly, then did as he was told.
Ending up flat on his face.
"Hah hah! That's it! If at first, you don't succeed?" The old man asked.
"Erm..." The boy sat up, rubbing his chin. "Poision them instead?"
For a mintue, there was silence between the two, the slow, steady drip of water the only sound to be heard.
Then they both burst into laughter.
"Ah, my boy... that's what you! You'll show them... You'll show them all what an Outcast can do Kazu!"

Kazu snapped back to reality, everything had slown to a crawl around him. Right now, only three things mattered; the door, his foot...

And Fira.
He had some kind of... urge to protect her. He couldn't explain it, he just did.
Do... or die... Kazu roared, his foot hitting the door.
Then everything froze, just for an instant. There was peace, silence... and then a tremendous CRACK as the door shattered where Kazu had hit it.
And he hit a lot stronger than he thought, as both he and Fira went flying, out of the door and into the world.
For a few, terrifying seconds, there was nothing, just darkness.
Then Kazu realized he had his eyes shut.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:29 pm
Fira had her eyes shut tightly, she was waiting for the impact. When it came, it was as if a dream. For a moment she saw herself, from a suspended point above, in Kazu's arms, hands grasped tightly to him, her face scrunched up in apprehension. And then it was gone, replaced by a sudden jolt. She heard the door break dimly, though it must have echoed all throughout the tunnels. She felt shrapnel from the door hit her numbly. It was exhilarating, she opened her eyes as she was flung from Kazu's, protective, hold on her. She didn't see anything at first, until the world sped up again and the ground came rushing towards her.

Fira's breath left her body with a soft 'whoosh,' upon impact. She landed on her back and skidded a ways, having no time to turn and put her arms out. Her head banged against the ground and stars lit up her vision, for a moment she was left blinded, lying on the ground. Fira desperately tried to regain her breath, and when she did her vision cleared.

It wasn't long, but Fira caught a glimpse of the city, the Unending City. Spires stretched up into the heavens, meeting the sun high in the sky. The sun. She wanted to roll the word off of her tongue to try it out, but was still winded. She had to look away from it quickly though, it was so bright it burned her eyes that were used to the perpetual darkness. Fira covered her eyes with her hands, though a smile painted itself over her face,

The Sun.  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:49 pm

Kazu slowly pushed himself up, his ears ringing, partly because of the impact, but also because of the past.

"Grandpa... you came from outside, didn't you?" The young Kazu looked up at the old man, his eyes wide.
"We all did Kazu... at one point. Yes, you were born here, and your parents... and even me. But we came from the outside once. Oh, and how amazing it was..." Kazu's grandfather smiled, patting Kazu's dirty and messy hair. "There's something called an 'ocean' out there... it's a huge body of water, bigger than you can image!
"An 'ocean'? I want to see one!"

He staggered forward, his vision blurry, and white. He couldn't see anything, and his echo wasn't working.
"Fira? Are you al-Argh!" He shouted, going over on his right leg.
He had broken it when he hit the door.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:55 pm
Fira felt the warmth on her skin and she marvelled at it. This place wasn't dank, or cold, or dark, it was alive. There was what felt like the moss that grew in the unused parts of the tunnels under her, but it was longer and dry. Fira flipped onto her stomach, wincing when her back cramped in protest, to try to see it. It was then when she heard Kazu's shout.

"Kazu? I'm fine, are you? Don't move, I'll come over!" She chanced a look up at where she heard his voice. He was doubled over his leg, Fira guessed that he hurt it breaking the door. She rose shakily to her feet, still holding an arm over her eyes to shade them from the sun. She walked over to Kazu, hoping it wasn't too bad.

"Kazu," she said seriously, "are you alright?"  

Stelle Cadenti
Captain

Prophet

Fujiwara Kazunari
Crew

Generous Lunatic

3,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Kazu gritted his teeth. "I... I broke my leg..." He shook his head, shielding his eyes with his hand. "I can't see anything, what the hell is going on?" Kazu was breathing rather heavily, he was exhausted.

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff