Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Did emo spawn from goth? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lord Beckon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:08 pm
I don't know. I've personally heard of a bunch of emo "sub-genre" things... not so much with music as with people.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:12 pm
goth is way better than emo,but thats just me. Emo is just like, oh i hate my life soo im gonna kill myself, type of thing  

8GothicGirl9

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:00 pm
8GothicGirl9
goth is way better than emo,but thats just me. Emo is just like, oh i hate my life soo im gonna kill myself, type of thing

Yeah, and goth is all like, oh i luv satan adn i want to shoot up my high school, type of thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:18 pm
This is a personal thing, but I don't think that any general statement about any genre, or the fans of it can be taken seriously. With the possible exception that it seems emos tend to be younger than goths. Then again, I know it is this way with me and so it might be for some of you as well, I personally know more goths in their twenties and emos in their early teens; so my opinion of that may be warped by personal experience. I can't say anything for sure, I have never really sat down and said "I want to study emos like an aboriginal culture!" Emo, as it is now, hasn't been around as long as goth to it makes sense that the main group of emos are younger than the main group of goths.
That picture on page two is rather biased and not terribly funny.
And the trick to looking good in black lipstick is never opening your mouth.  

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200

Aerlinniel I

7,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:47 am
emo came from punk and it appeared in the 1990s. It is supposed to be a music genre (groups that sing about feelings) scenes are people that like the music and dress in the "emo" style.emos and goths rock! although I am emo rolleyes  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff