Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lieutenant Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:15 am
[Your Worst Nightmare]
ORLY? I thought she was gorgeous.

Oh, and I have a question for you guys. I noticed some of the characters looked/sounded like real musicians of the late sixties.. anyone else see it or am I crazy?

Jo-Jo = Jimi Hendrix
Sadie = Janis Joplin
Dr. Robert = John Lennon

I think Jo-Jo did look a lot like Jimi Hendrix when Sadie gave him that purple outfit with the headband and everything.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:18 am
Miss Eleanor Rigby
I thought it was an amazing movie. My favorite. An acid trip that takes you back to the sixties. The covers weren't as good as the originals, of course, but most of them were pretty amazing. (I bought the CD) Most of you complain about the plot being boring, which is anything but true, though to each their own. It is art set to music, and what better music is there than the Beatles? Enough said. I would reccommend this to most anyone. It is crazy/artsy in the same way as Moulin Rouge. Who has seen that?.. Anyone?

No, I bought it. You just listen to it more. I still can't belive they forgot some of the songs like "I Want You"...  

Lieutenant Pie

Lieutenant Pie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:25 am
So Static
Lieutenant Pie
It was trippy. Nuff said. Not really.

Here are some useless facts about the movie.

-The "Let it Be" part was sad.

-The "Strawberry Fields Forever" part was also sad, but much less so than other parts. It was also trippy.

-Dr. Robert is named after the song of the same name, which was named after a dentist and close friend of the Beatles, Dr. Robert who if I'm correct, introduced them to drugs (that pretty much explains the creation of "I am the Walrus"). He is also played by Bono, who also sings "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" during the credits.

-Prudence is named after the song "Dear Prudence".

-Lucy is named after "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".

-Jo-Jo is named after John LennonJo-Jo from Get Back.

-Prudence's friend Rita is named after "Lovely Rita".

-Jude is named after "Hey Jude".

-Max is named after "Maxwell's Silver Hammer".

-There are also several refrences to that song throughout the movie.

-Mr. Kite is actually Eddie Izzard. eek

-The movie is called "Across The Universe"!!! burning_eyes

Correction!

Maybe he is named after that song, but how do you know that he wasn't named after John Lennon while making the song!? eek  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:33 pm
Lieutenant Pie
So Static
Lieutenant Pie

-The "Strawberry Fields Forever" part was also sad, but much less so than other parts. It was also trippy.

-Dr. Robert is named after the song of the same name, which was named after a dentist and close friend of the Beatles, Dr. Robert who if I'm correct, introduced them to drugs (that pretty much explains the creation of "I am the Walrus"). He is also played by Bono, who also sings "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" during the credits.

-Sadie (the random singer girl) is named after the Beatles' song, "Sexy Sadie".

Correction!

Addition! whee

Total Trekkie

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:50 pm
Lieutenant Pie
So Static
Lieutenant Pie

Correction!

Maybe he is named after that song, but how do you know that he wasn't named after John Lennon while making the song!? eek

How do you know that he was?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:06 pm
Yeah The Let it be Sence  

Pattron968

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:14 am
Pattron968
Yeah The Let it be Sencescene

Uh, what about it? neutral  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:11 pm
Well, I gave in and bought the DVD today. It snuck up on me. The first couple times I watched the movie I didn't like it all that much. Then I started wanting to watch it again...and started liking it more.

Now I own it. gonk  

practicallyzen

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:04 pm
i bought it the day it came out.i love it.I hate lucy's voice.also i thought it was weird that in the "Revolution" scene Lucy say "Not right now" while Jude is singing.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:55 pm
I_luv_Beatles
i bought it the day it came out.i love it.I hate lucy's voice.also i thought it was weird that in the "Revolution" scene Lucy say "Not right now" while Jude is singing.

I literally lol'd when she was like "I can't do this right now." Like...what, be sung at?

Anyway, I hear that a lot, people hating Evan Rachel Wood's singing voice. I really don't mind it! And usually I'm quite picky about girls' singing voices.

I guess she sounds kinda nasal and overdoes it a bit sometimes. But in all, I've heard much worse.  

practicallyzen

lemonie tigre

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:27 pm
i absolutely love across the universe! it's one of my most favorite movies. i'm usually really annoyed when people even think of messing with the beatles' stuff, but i thought they did an amazingly beautiful job with it; the plotline, the vocals, the music, the scenery, set design, costumes, everything. it's a masterpiece. heart
oh. and my favorite line from the movie is when lucy's mom calls her friends promiscuous dope fiends xd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:24 pm
max and jude are sexi  

I_luv_Beatles

I_luv_Beatles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:45 pm
i was watching the "I Want You" scene and i noticed something i never noticed before. Prudence is a lesbian, when she is on the window she was singing to Sadie not Jo-Jo and then the next scene is Prudence hiding in a closet  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 am
Not going to lie, I really love "Across the Universe."
It's one of my favorite movies. I liked how they could take the songs, not change them, but work them to apply to different topics and ideas.  

pythonesque

Kawaii Fatcat

practicallyzen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:13 pm
I_luv_Beatles
i was watching the "I Want You" scene and i noticed something i never noticed before. Prudence is a lesbian, when she is on the window she was singing to Sadie not Jo-Jo and then the next scene is Prudence hiding in a closet

Uuuuuh yeah? I thought that was established when she was singing I Want To Hold Your Hand to the cheerleader near the beginning...pretty obvious, yes?  
The Beatles

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff