Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:25 am
darkXmoon

lurichan, can you post the name of that book plese ? I would love to look at it.

It's a bit dry since it was written "Scientifically" and around the victorian era if memory serves correctly, but if you like you might be able to find it at Boarders or Barnes and Nobles.

"The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries" by W.Y. Evans-Wentz.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:30 am
Isobel Bellamy
lurichan
*lol* If they where easy to understand then it wouldn't be such an interesting and elusive thing for most people, now would it? rofl
Though I don't really hear much about child snatching anymore, but there will still reports of it as late as around the turn of the century (1890s-1910s or so, I'm too lazy to look at my big fat book at the moment chocked full of firsthand accounts of various fair folk written down and collected).
*waggles a finger at isobel* You really shouldn't curse out the fae, they are capricious, and most are already feeling the darker stirings that the coming season promises. Perhaps doing something nice for them might curry some favor. ^_^ (I think I've got around 40 fae or so living in my living room now...)
I think they have wised up that if children go missing there is too much fuss caused now and not really much fun if they're found out though it would be interesting to see the reaction to someone who knows about fey saying their child was taken by then - no doubt that person would be sanctioned >.<....that actually sounds like a whole barrel of laughs for the fey...

Ahh but it's going to be fun fey spotting on Samhain, though I do wonder that they have abandoned my village perhaps they enjoy the real countryside more than the cities and suburbs but the thought of a city-slicker fey is a fun one no? blaugh

The fey seem to be afraid of my house - not the best of omens really (I think there is definately something wrong with this place, it just has an air of 'this place is not right') so not many fey for me, though an old friend of mine would love that. Long story short is he messed with the fey and they seemed to take a lot of pleasure in annoying him after that, nothing electrical was safe xp

Funny you should think that fey would not like your home because its "not right". I was always told that things that were "not right" attracted fey and there mistchif ways.

Of course this bit of information came from the same man that made me deathly afraid into falling into mushroom rings.  

darkXmoon

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:38 am
darkXmoon
Funny you should think that fey would not like your home because its "not right". I was always told that things that were "not right" attracted fey and there mistchif ways.

Of course this bit of information came from the same man that made me deathly afraid into falling into mushroom rings.
Hmm I don't really know how to explain this, I'm not the best at explations. My house seems to have a lot of unsettling qualities to it and they're not attributed to the fey, they don't seem to visit here that much, I think we've got an overload of difrent otherworldly creatures for the fey to bother with us much....  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:50 am
lurichan
Darth_Gently
Funny, normally people only say that when I refer to my brithday, not some old holiday that I've never heard of, or that anyone I know would know of, except maybe for the bi-polar or some such similiar f9cked up mentality that my school has a habit of producing.

Get over yourself, and stop insulting other people. stare This is your final warning before I'm fed up.

Who was I insulting? One of the two people in the world who legitimately scare me to death. These two, and I don't ******** around with Columbine stuff, because I HAVE had fingers pointed at me because I wear a long coat and am different and play entirely two much Halo and to many other things that have made the person to get singled out for a search in my school, these two kids, either of them, are the kind, that I would except to shoot the school up. One of them stalks my friend. Several of them.  

Darth_Gently

Darth_Gently

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:53 am
Read "American Gods" By Niel Gaiman. Its fiction, but its got a lot about Old Country religions, and how they die out in America. There is a lot more. You have to read it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:19 pm
im going trick or treating with my friends, sad part is the stole my cotume idea...  

BlairyFairy

ceilisidhe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:42 pm
Pieces_of_my_heart
im going trick or treating with my friends, sad part is the stole my cotume idea...

Why not put together a Maids Dress and Prisoners Ball and Chain and be your gaian avatar?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:49 pm
ceilisidhe
Pieces_of_my_heart

Why not put together a Maids Dress and Prisoners Ball and Chain and be your gaian avatar?
lol, because i want to be a pothead  

BlairyFairy

gothicsaddness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:33 am
Pieces_of_my_heart
ceilisidhe
Pieces_of_my_heart

lol, because i want to be a pothead

to be a pot head you only haev to wear normal clothes and look sleepy one of my old teachers used to fry his brain before class everyday and he wore a 3 part suit  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:42 pm
heh, im gonna be Gene Wilder's willy wonka. i cant pull off johnny depp (and i think i am more partial to wilder anyways)  

themagikat

Chaotic_Mind

4,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:59 pm
Trick or Treating and tons of parties that people have planned but are mostly not on halloween. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:56 pm
No no no. To be a pothead, get stoned, get dressed, go out as that. Best way.  

Darth_Gently

LaMort

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:53 am
me and my sister are doing the whole lets make samhain food, and create a huge bonfire type thing.
bobbing for apples and all that jazz, maybe have a few friends who like that sort of stuff come over and get drunk on vodka and mead...i dunno
ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:14 am
LaMort
me and my sister are doing the whole lets make samhain food, and create a huge bonfire type thing.
bobbing for apples and all that jazz, maybe have a few friends who like that sort of stuff come over and get drunk on vodka and mead...i dunno
ninja

i like mead you can drink it so many ways
heated up hot like hot coco
cold from teh fridge
or just room temp
anyway you drink it i think it is good lol  

gothicsaddness

Kheket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:17 am
Hmm....well, I put together a cosplay for Yami Bakura, but I think Im not going trick or treating.... My freind is hosting a murder mystery party, but I am the stage manager, sound effect manager, and light manager for my mom's upcoming murder mystery PLAY. so.... I guess Ill be doing that....  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff