Reply Thread Archive {Hot topics}
Predestination Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Samsoonie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:38 am
lol Priestley its okay it really isn't a problem that she talked about her summer program i mean someone asked about it :3

Everyone:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains but have not love, I am nothing. If i give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing"

-1 corinthians 13:1-3

We should be discussing not just for the sake of proving that one person is wrong, we should discuss this in a respectful manor to one another and to gain a further understanding of God. I did not bring up this topic to see people bicker and argue with one another. I brought this up because I wanted to get some input on what everyone else thought. Nothing anyone says in here will stick to anyone if it isn't thought up out of love, love for Christ, and love for one another. SO! be respectful to one another :3 and be respectful to everyone's opinion! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:42 pm
Samsoonie
lol Priestley its okay it really isn't a problem that she talked about her summer program i mean someone asked about it :3

I know, I was just making sure us crew follow the rules that we helped set. smile

Samsoonie
Everyone:

"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains but have not love, I am nothing. If i give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing"

We should be discussing not just for the sake of proving that one person is wrong, we should discuss this in a respectful manor to one another and to gain a further understanding of God. I did not bring up this topic to see people bicker and argue with one another. I brought this up because I wanted to get some input on what everyone else thought. Nothing anyone says in here will stick to anyone if it isn't thought up out of love, love for Christ, and love for one another. SO! be respectful to one another :3 and be respectful to everyone's opinion! biggrin

As both Paul and zz1000zz have said, it's loving to correct those whose logic is faulty rather than let them continue in their ignorance. Yes, being ignorant is often a bad thing. Explaining why someone is ignorant is not necessarily hateful or a personal attack.  

Priestley

Samsoonie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:44 pm
Priestley
Samsoonie

I know, I was just making sure us crew follow the rules that we helped set. smile

Samsoonie
Everyone:

As both Paul and zz1000zz have said, it's loving to correct those whose logic is faulty rather than let them continue in their ignorance. Yes, being ignorant is often a bad thing. Explaining why someone is ignorant is not necessarily hateful or a personal attack.

yes in a loving manor :3 lol don't worry i know how a discussion works but I want everyone to learn from one another.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:19 am
Priestley

Stupid Paul. Always stealing the limelight.  

zz1000zz
Crew

Priestley

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:34 am
zz1000zz
Priestley

Stupid Paul. Always stealing the limelight.

He can have the limelight. Electric spotlights are much safer.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:23 am
I'm shocked no one has brought this up yet: What about Judas? Did he have a choice? Or was he predestined for Hell in spite of the guilt he clearly felt after what he'd done?  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:54 pm
I don't think so. And I actually wonder that he did end up there. Since he felt that guilt. I'm sure that he felt true repentance afterward. But who can really know since where he went is between him and God.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:38 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
I'm shocked no one has brought this up yet: What about Judas? Did he have a choice? Or was he predestined for Hell in spite of the guilt he clearly felt after what he'd done?

: /
I wish i knew...

but I think Jesus knew that it was going to happen but I think Jesus knows the heart of every man, just like when the pharisees would ask Jesus questions to prove that He isn't the Son of God, or when the rich young man came up to him and asked him what more he could do in order to get into heaven. I don't think those instances, including Judas, were a matter of Predestination more of the fact that Jesus knew the hearts of those people. I hope I'm not too out there  

Samsoonie

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:53 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly

Well, I don't think what he did was sin. Without his betrayal, Jesus would not have died, and the prophecies of salvation would not have been fulfilled. So, which is he? Condemned to Hell because of his role in the death of Christ and his suicide (which, as I remember, is considered a sin) or rewarded in Heaven because of his role in the salvation of mankind?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:46 pm
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

Well, I don't think what he did was sin. Without his betrayal, Jesus would not have died, and the prophecies of salvation would not have been fulfilled. So, which is he? Condemned to Hell because of his role in the death of Christ and his suicide (which, as I remember, is considered a sin) or rewarded in Heaven because of his role in the salvation of mankind?

You're assuming there's the simple duality of Heaven and Hell in the first place. This is not the case.  

Priestley

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

You're assuming there's the simple duality of Heaven and Hell in the first place. This is not the case.

Oh, point. sweatdrop Faulty theology is fail. Sheol, then. Or Gehenna. Whatever.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 pm
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

Oh, point. sweatdrop Faulty theology is fail. Sheol, then. Or Gehenna. Whatever.

'Sheol' is basically 'the grave', 'the common grave', 'death', etc.. It is the place everyone goes when they die. Jesus referred to people in this place as 'sleeping' or 'asleep'. This is where the dead wait until resurrection and judgement. It is not a place of punishment, but it deals with the effects of the curse of aging and death placed upon Adam and Eve.

'Gehenna' is the Jewish word for Hell. It comes from 'the Valley of Hinnom' which was known to be a garbage dump (rubbish tip if you're British like me wink ) where garbage was burned and criminals were punished. I suppose these were done in the same place because of the link between moral and physical 'uncleanliness'.

Judas would be in Sheol right now, sleeping until resurrection and judgement.

Priestley

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:20 am
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

'Sheol' is basically 'the grave', 'the common grave', 'death', etc.. It is the place everyone goes when they die. Jesus referred to people in this place as 'sleeping' or 'asleep'. This is where the dead wait until resurrection and judgement. It is not a place of punishment, but it deals with the effects of the curse of aging and death placed upon Adam and Eve.

'Gehenna' is the Jewish word for Hell. It comes from 'the Valley of Hinnom' which was known to be a garbage dump (rubbish tip if you're British like me wink ) where garbage was burned and criminals were punished. I suppose these were done in the same place because of the link between moral and physical 'uncleanliness'.

Isn't that where everyone goes when they die? To slumber until the Last Day, yadda yadda yadda?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:50 am
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Fushigi na Butterfly

Isn't that where everyone goes when they die? To slumber until the Last Day, yadda yadda yadda?

Yes, that's what I said in my first paragraph. stressed  

Priestley

Galad Aglaron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:34 pm
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley
Galad Damodred
Priestley

Yes, that's what I said in my first paragraph. stressed

Sorry. I'm an idiot.

Did you know that when the ancient Greeks prayed to Hades, they'd bang their heads on the ground? eek I totally didn't know that until, like, yesterday! Poor Hades... everyone is scared of him, and people are banging on his roof all the time...  
Thread Archive {Hot topics}

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff