Reply The Give or Take Advice Corner
Advice Givers and Secret Keepers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:11 pm
tell them BOTH that you are not interested but hane a friend or two casually be with you as you say this, you dont want to make a big scene but as well ya dont want anything bad to happen, the friends are there for backup and support gently say "sorry im not interested your not my type"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:12 pm
all right I have another issue one of my friends that I have known for quiet a few years has recently told me she is gay and now she is going to propose to her girlfriend....i'm happy for her and excited that she is happy but I'm also a Baptist and I don't believe that homosexuality is right I have told her that I don't agree with her lifestyle but I still love her as a person....I support her and think she should make decisions for her happiness but I'm torn religiously is it okay that I support her and let her make those choices even if she has doubts, she is also Baptist and has been taught the same as me, or should I try to convince her to change her lifestyle or even not hang around her so much, even though she is one of my best friends and it would hurt to tell her that, am I doing the right thing already or should I walk away from the situation it clashes with my beliefs but she is my friend...I'm so confused.  

Ironic Hero

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:44 am
times like these im glad that i am an ex-catholic. Does her lifestyle make her happy??? if so then let me be happy as a lesbian,dispite what religions say theres nothing really wrong with it. In my opinion, just my opinion, YOU should still be her friend, she needs you and you need her thats what best friends are for. Now...religion if something to believe in, somthing to guide you throughout life, but look around theres many different religions with many different beliefs. Whats means that even if being gay is "wrong or a sin" doesnt mean it is in another religion. You dont have to stick to it, and if your families and friends dont like you for supporting her or dont like you for hanging with her, then THEY are people who need a reality check. Your her best friends so go hang with her, go support her she needs ya. and if ya still believe that being gay is a sin or its wrong thats fine. But also check out the gay community. Notice that even though alot ALOT of it is crazy stuff, they are all happy. So in the end, its all up to you madam  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:44 pm
I'm really good at giving advice, so please allow me to help in the future.  

picaal

Misty Marina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:24 am
Monsters from the Id
Haha, this is cool. Funny thing is, when I'm not being an a** I can actually be rather friendly and intuitive. It's like I'm bipolar.

For me, my main problem is that my Grandfather, whom I am great friends with, has a very high chance of dying in the near future. Though, per usual I don't feel anything about it. But the problem is not knowing what to feel, it's actually feeling it. I don't feel sad, angry, confused, or anything. Hell, I'm not even happy so I know I don't hate the man. I'm not sure whether that makes me a terrible person or not, maybe it's a gift of sorts. But still, I've asked a few people what they've thought and the general consensus is that due to my relationship with him I should be feeling more concerned whereas I usually don't even think about it.
The question: Does the fact that I don't feel anything over the coming death of a family member who has basically shaped my life make me a bad person?

Not feeling something now doesn't make you a bad person. Why should you worry now about something that will happen down the road? We all have to die sometime. Right now attention should always be spent towards the living, being with them, letting them know you care. When the time comes you will feel many kinds of emotions but thats because its part of the healing process. I never feel bad for a person who is dying, unless of course they are in pain, I can't stand to see someone in pain & suffering. I know that afterwards they will be at peace. Its how we deal with it afterwards. So don't worry about how you or others think you should feel now...that will come later~  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:33 am
nice post Marina...death has to come eventually and when they do it is sad but they will be at peace...  

Saintsage777

Ultra lollipop flavor

Romantic Flatterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:40 pm
uhh...well i think one of my friends is kind of mad because he doesnt really like my friend because my other friend cussed me out and we weren't friend's for a while but now we're friends again and i think my friend might be a little mad. what should i do? should i talk to him?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:34 pm
have your friends sit down togeather and talk it over lock the door with a key if needed...friends get angry sometimes as long as they apologize and make it up then its good so talk to him or him with her in the same room...  

Saintsage777

The Knight Tuvei

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:07 pm
whee... i might start a thread of my own... i just started college for psychology... so i may borrow some things for papers if it fits... but confidintiality will be respected... ao ywah... im good at this... lemme help ya!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:24 pm
sure  

Saintsage777

Ultra lollipop flavor

Romantic Flatterer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:43 pm
Saintsage777
have your friends sit down togeather and talk it over lock the door with a key if needed...friends get angry sometimes as long as they apologize and make it up then its good so talk to him or him with her in the same room...

thanks they made up but thanks for the help! ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:33 pm
aye im here to help  

Saintsage777

Ironic Hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:52 am
thank you again for the advice.....I plan to continue being her friend I don't really have to agree with what she does to still be her friend so i'll stick with that because why throw away 7 yrs of friendship for one choice that clashes between us....I'll find away to still be her friend and keep standing in my beliefs I just will *nods*  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:13 pm
good to hear keep it up and tell others to come here if they have problems or ants to be married on gaia i do that too  

Saintsage777

Saintsage777

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:31 pm
no one else?? ill still be here  
The Give or Take Advice Corner

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items