Reply The L Guild Forum
Is L dead? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:43 pm
But you disagreed with the double/representative thing first! gonk x Infinity!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 pm
*reads first line*
Oh, oops.

My theory was that he gave the eraser to Near in case he died, then Near erased his name, and he came back to life, and then kept working. Uh-huh. Because, there was no WAY it was a coincidence that Mello JUST HAPPENED to kidnap Takada. No way. L would have figured out that Raito had figured out that Near figured out that Mikami had the notebook, and known that Raito would have made a fake, so he told Near to tell Mello to do something.  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:43 pm
I don't think that Mello would ever do anything that Near asked him to though...especally since hes risking his own life.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:09 pm
No, not directly. But here is what Near said:
"Hey Mello, I'm gonna get the Death Note. What have YOU done?"
"I got it first!"
"And then you lost it. xp "
"Grrr..."
*Boiling*

XD Mello is easy.  

faerygirl-14

tokijin0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:05 pm
So Near is not asking Mello, hes provoking him into acting the way he wants because Mello has an inferiority complex?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:23 pm
Either way, as long as it works.  

faerygirl-14

Fukin_Hidan-Sama

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 12:04 pm
uhh,well, all of the fangirls know that light killed him! why ask that question! rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:05 pm
I am strongly against that theory of yours. And it seems that you just want to defend it.
The Death Eraser. I was wondering about that the first time I read the series and why it was never mentioned again. But I haven't seen the pilot chapter in the official English manga at any time and I wonder if it actually really matters. Also, at the very beginning, Ryuk says, "I lost my notebook." And another shinigami replies, "You lost your notebook again?" "That's my style," was what Ryuk said back. So, it could have easily been that the pilot chapter was set in a time after Kira. How many other times has Ryuk "lost" his notebook before Kira? It's only an assumption.
Another thing: how the heck would L have known about the Death Eraser before he knew about the Death Note? It makes no sense. How could he have linked up those small-town tragedies with the world-wide serial killer anyway? I admit that L is a genius, but how is it possible he managed to connect all that together and finding out about the Death Eraser when it was not mentioned in the Kira plot. I just can't see it.
As for a "representative", I can see that happening, but it would against the logic we have established. Those interior monolgues... they would be fake. They shouldn't be there...

It's not that I want L to be dead, it's just a fact. If he came back from the dead as you claim, then that would be awfully disgusting, since he was dead a long time before Near even got around to creating the SPK. I really don't get that logic you're putting up. Maybe it's just me. (BTW, the 7-years-later is just in the pilot chapter, so it doesn't apply to the Kira plot. I think it was just an extra.)

Edit: After doing some research, I came across upon:

Quote:
The Death Note process began when Ohba brought thumbnails for two concept ideas to Shueisha; Ohba said that the Death Note pilot, one of the concepts, was "received well" by editors and attained "positive" reactions by readers.

Ohba described keeping the story of the pilot to one chapter as "very difficult" and he said that he remembered taking "more than a month" to begin writing the chapter. Ohba added that the story had to revive the killed characters with the Death Eraser and that he "didn't really care" for that plot device.

Count Chocolat

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:36 pm
faerygirl-14
It WAS part of the pilot, but the pilot did sort of connect to the actual story. For one thing, it said "Seven Years Later" on the first frame. Plus, there were those Death Note poll thingys.

And even if that WASN'T true, I'm sure L would have found some other way. I'm not a genius, so I can't really tell what.
トイス!!

I think you need to understand what a pilot is. It's just a sample of what is to come, and isn't really a part of what the real story is. The Death Eraser was not introduced into the main story, so it cannot be used by L at all.

It sounds like you're still in denial over L's death. But if L would have "found another way" then the manga wouldn't have ended the way it did.

Coelakanth is Android ♪  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 pm
Yes, I completely understand what a pilot is... stare
But, even though it isn't really part of the story, it CAN still be used in... certain situations...

He DIDN'T know about the eraser first, there was quite a length of time between finding out about the death note and his death...

Plus, the majority of manga is made of fanstuff... so, regardless of what the author thinks or writes, it's really the fans that interpret it.  

faerygirl-14

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:17 pm
How is the manga made up of fanstuff?
The fans interpret it, sure. But really, the fans have nothing if what the author writes means nothing. The author makes the story, the author has total control over it. Not the fans. If Ohba says he doesn't like the Death Eraser, he doesn't use it, then there's nothing the fans can do about, the Death Eraser does NOT exist in the actual plot. We interpret it, but if the author's thoughts or work doens't matter, then what does?

Antoher thing: if L and Light are basically working together (because even after L releases Light, he still stays behind), how will L find out about the Death Eraser without Light noticing? Without anyone noticing? He can't. He can't get it, he can't send it. Unless it's all done through Watari with some unspoke, unwritten command, there's no way that could happen.

I still don't understand your logic. L is dead. If he wasn't, wouldn't he have showed up at the end, with Near? That would make perfect sense, since neither Light nor anyone else can do anything. We just wish he was still alive. But he isn't. That's a fact.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:39 pm
faerygirl-14
He DIDN'T know about the eraser first, there was quite a length of time between finding out about the death note and his death...
Okay, here's some homework for you. Tell me where L says something about the Death Eraser. You can only use volumes 1 through 12 of the manga. When you come back to me with nothing, you'll understand that you're simply looking for a loophole that just does not exist.

faerygirl-14
Plus, the majority of manga is made of fanstuff... so, regardless of what the author thinks or writes, it's really the fans that interpret it.
Wait, what? I have no clue what you mean here. The manga is fanstuff?

Let's say that I interpret that the Death Note is not a notebook at all, but it is instead a pony. Since I am a fan, then this, by your logic, is a reasonable conclusion. Death Pony sounds pretty rad, amirite? neutral

Yeah, what you're saying is making almost as much sense as what I just said there.

Each Life Each End ♪  

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

faerygirl-14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:57 pm
L Lawliet
faerygirl-14
Okay, here's some homework for you. Tell me where L says something about the Death Eraser. You can only use volumes 1 through 12 of the manga. When you come back to me with nothing, you'll understand that you're simply looking for a loophole that just does not exist.

faerygirl-14
Wait, what? I have no clue what you mean here. The manga is fanstuff?

Let's say that I interpret that the Death Note is not a notebook at all, but it is instead a pony. Since I am a fan, then this, by your logic, is a reasonable conclusion. Death Pony sounds pretty rad, amirite? neutral

Yeah, what you're saying is making almost as much sense as what I just said there.

Each Life Each End

Why would L say anything about it? It's his loophole. His little way out. Saying something about it is about as good as never ever using it.

And, yes, if you interpret the Death Note is a pony, then that's quite great, and would make lots of sense if there was some kind of base. You're not interpreting the Death Note; you're making something random up.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:06 pm
faerygirl-14
Why would L say anything about it? It's his loophole. His little way out. Saying something about it is about as good as never ever using it.

And, yes, if you interpret the Death Note is a pony, then that's quite great, and would make lots of sense if there was some kind of base. You're not interpreting the Death Note; you're making something random up.
トイス!!

And not saying something means he uses it? That doesn't sound right in the series of Death Note, where Light and L always take a few pages of the manga to go into specific detail of their plans. And even if he wouldn't say anything about it to anyone else, we would definitely hear him think about it. C'mon I challenge you; where does he think about the eraser? There's no way L didn't NOT think his plan about avoiding death through.

If L used the eraser, then why didn't he come back in the series? Don't tell me he went on vacation in Hawaii and decided to forget about the Kira case and his job altogether. If he died and used the eraser, he would go back and catch the b*****d that killed him.

Rocket ♪  

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

Count Chocolat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:25 pm
I'm butting in the debate again.

If L knew about the Death Eraser, he could have said so in the interior monologue the geniuses of Death Note seem to have all the time. No one would know except him. He doesn't have to say, "Hey! Look! I know a way to bring those people back to life!". Back to... how would he get it? If it exists, a shinigami has it. He would have to get it from a shinigami, which means Rem. That's not possible, since Rem was the one who killed L.

Imagine if I had never read the pilot. It doesn't appear in the official English translation at all, so if I had just read the official translation, I would know nothing about the Death Eraser. So... how do I interpret the manga so that I can coem up with that? To someone who has never read the pilot chapter, your assumption is just something random. Your theory is not plausible if people don't know about the Death Eraser.

L Lawliet's got a point there. Where is L if he came back? I don't think he suddenly took a detour to investigate what happened to the candy factory in who-knows-where.

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff