Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Otherkin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:15 pm
Manhattan
If you don't mind me asking, what type of Otherkin are you, Armorussa and Ges? If you do mind me asking, then you don't need to tell me.

dragon kin/psychic vampire  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:52 pm
Manhattan
If you don't mind me asking, what type of Otherkin are you, Armorussa and Ges? If you do mind me asking, then you don't need to tell me.

Well, I'm still getting used to telling people specifically what I am, but no time like the present. We are called the Sons of Pulastya, which means nothing to me, heh. Another name is Sons of Makali, making more sense, heh. Paulastyas and Yatudhanas are two names I've seen used for us, but I've yet to research where those names have actually originated from. The most common name for us is one that more people are familiar, and that is Rakshasa. Now if you don't really know about Rakshasa from mythology/reality, and only through video games/D&D, we are not a Tiger race, though admittedly, my form is an AnthroTiger, but that's not how we look as a whole, by a cosmic joke I've decided the last while around to appear like this which happens to be the appearence put forth by game designers cause they are lazy, heh. If you do know us from mythology/reality, then before you start flaming/questioning/pondering, I like many of us (most famously Vibhishana) have gone through a Reformation, meaning well I am still a Rakshasa, I am not of their Dharma anymore.  

Ges

Meghiliz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:57 pm
You could always argue that tapeworms and cockroaches don't have souls; that higher order thought only allows for a soul. And not all otherkin claim to be reincarnated from their 'kin form, I can't really say anything concrete about that seeing as I do. sweatdrop

I identify as draconic otherkin myself - I don't quite find my beliefs silly. o.o Has anyone suggested
The Draconity FAQ? Its awfully shiny and helpful. o.O  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:00 pm
While I don't know a lot about the 'otherkin' crowd, my feelings on the issue is that we are all part animal in some way. Humans are animals, and unfortunately our culture (and especially Judeo-Christian religious influence) have created a mindset that humans are seperate from the animals. We're not. We're as much a part of them as they are of us. We all have something in common with them.  

Starlock

DakiDaki

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:08 pm
Otherkin I have no problems with, as long as it isn't used to be a attention whore (and you can tell real easy who those kind of folk are). I mean, do we *really* understand the multiverse?

Otakukin, on the other hand... xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:21 pm
Well, if you are asking if I believe in Otherkin... Hah...

Yes, I do...

Ges, I havn't seen you in a while. Heh... Thanks for helping me way back when...  

Miza_Radioaktiv

Questionable Prophet

6,450 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Ges

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:28 pm
Mizakichii
Well, if you are asking if I believe in Otherkin... Hah...

Yes, I do...

Ges, I havn't seen you in a while. Heh... Thanks for helping me way back when...

Not a prob, it's what I do. I'm always available online via messangers listed in my profile if you ever need to talk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:32 pm
Lord Kitwick, I can't say I'm suprised to see you here. I came to seek advice on starting a coven, but that will come with a different thread. As for my view on otherkin, I believe. Although I have a much different view on myself than most have on otherkin as a whole.

Most believe that they have an animal soul, or are otherkin from a past life. But I believe that I am otherkin because of my current life.

You see, I believe in other worlds. Other realities entirely. These include the mundane which is ours in a matter of speaking, the spiritual, astral, divine, and a multitude of others that are different yet have various things in common.

Think of existance as an ocean. And imagine the souls of existance as stars above that ocean. And the worlds are schools of fish, while our bodies are the individual fish. Now visaulise streams going from our souls to various fish. Some have one, some have many. When one body dies the stream is severed but there is still a past life connection. Currently I have many lives. I can stretch my mind to each world and see through their eyes, hear through their ears, smell through their noses, touch through their fingers, taste with their tongues. And I'm even in contact with a few. I call these other bodies, counterparts. They are mine and I am theirs. I've never heard of a two bodies of the same soul being in oen world though. And I believe there is a body for every soul for a few realm such as the astral and the spiritual. And we use those bodies as vesals in those worlds. But I will delve into this more deeply later. I must go.  

Tobias Raji Najir

Spring-heeled Jill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:56 am
How would one realize that they were otherkin? feeling diferent doesn't add up in my books. I'm very human, but I feel isolated. Lots of people do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:12 pm
Silver Intoxication
How would one realize that they were otherkin? feeling diferent doesn't add up in my books. I'm very human, but I feel isolated. Lots of people do.

Frankly, I think feeling different is a sad excuse to call one self Otherkin. I've heard so many better reasons. Like I said in my theory before, I think we mold our own souls into an image we find appealing.

About a year and a half ago I dabbled in the Otherkin communities, but no matter how much I tried I couldn't find what I was looking for. I feel a strong connection to the image of Dragons, but I don't know or think that makes me one. Either way, I came to my own conclusion that I don't care if I am or not. I identify a lot of myself with dragons because I love them. I don't think it makes me an otherkin.

Whatever it does make me, I'm still me. That's all that matters.  

Dice Witch

Keistera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:36 pm
Dice Witch, I've read your theory and it makes some sense to me. I can't say that I believe in "Otherkin", nor will I take 'em with more than a grain of salt. They don't fit into my belief that a human soul can only be reborn into a human body, a cat soul into a cat body, etc. IMO, if Dragons exist, they are spiritual entities and not physical, thus nullifying the need for a physical body.

That's just me. Meh.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:18 am
Starlock
While I don't know a lot about the 'otherkin' crowd, my feelings on the issue is that we are all part animal in some way. Humans are animals, and unfortunately our culture (and especially Judeo-Christian religious influence) have created a mindset that humans are seperate from the animals. We're not. We're as much a part of them as they are of us. We all have something in common with them.

Hey starlock, I like your siggy. that was pretty random and off topic, though.  

Spring-heeled Jill

blindfaith^_^

7,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:34 am
MY feelings on otherkin are sort of unstable. On one hand I think its a load of crap. I don't believe that souls have gender, race, and so on, souls just are and as they have no physical form they have no physical attributes.

Then I try to be more open to ideas and I think "well souls probably are more comfortable in some forms and less comfortable in others." Its probably not impossible that the soul may have experienced a life time as a being that the soul felt very comfortable in and enjoyed a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if the soul strives to mantain a lot of those qualities as it moves from different form to form, eventually though holding on too much to a previous form would cause the soul to feel isolated and strange in the body it was in. This could be a plausible way in my mind, that otherkin could exist. It would also explain why many people aren't other kin to less "cool" animals, because while there are good things about a bug, the whole package is not something I think a soul would want to emulate. This sort of theory would also help explain why some people feel that they are more than one other speices in my mind too.

Over all the whole otherkin thing is possible, I'm very skeptic towards it as a rule, but not entirely unopen to it. Though some of my problems might be that my own soul has chosen to keep reincarnating into very similar lives until I acheive some sort of goal. Certainly there are occasional variable lives to mix things a bit, but most of them I are eerily similar.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:31 pm
Ges
That depends on your belief in Souls and such. I violently opposed PokeKin (gotta be them all!) and hybrids. I'll admit, there are some I think are valid, but to me, hybrids are the exception, not the rule.

No.
Nononononono.
Please tell me there are not people running around saying they're the reincarnated soul of a pikachu! That's as bad as the Otakukin-thingies, and seriously hurts the validity of Otherkin in my eyes.  

TagraNar

Ges

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:09 pm
TagraNar

No.
Nononononono.
Please tell me there are not people running around saying they're the reincarnated soul of a pikachu! That's as bad as the Otakukin-thingies, and seriously hurts the validity of Otherkin in my eyes.

Actually, if someone said they were Pikachu, that would be Otakukin, not Otherkin. PokeKin refers to the idea of someone who says they are an Elf/Dragon/Phoenix/Wolf/Tiger/Potato/Seahorse/Faerie all at once, so their claimed identity is like a pokemon game, they are trying to be (catch) them all. Another term is WoodchipperKin, cause it seems like you threw a bunch of Kin in, and that's what resulted.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff