Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

_xPuella

Shirtless Saint

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:46 am
Hahah!

I get the feeling!
Whenever I see a Kanda X Linalee fanlisting, I close my browser.
It pisses me off!
Hahaha!
But sometimes, it depends.
I like the Sakura X Syaoran pairing.
And I also like Sunako and Kyoheim from Yamato Nadeshiko.
biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:44 pm
My motto is, you should love who you want to love, no matter the gender or looks.  

iTobi iGoodBoy

thedancingbunny

Shirtless Lovergirl

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:26 pm
Well in the anime or manga if they like, love/like each other and you know they are going to end up with each other. Then I love 'em and am all for them. But if not I don't really like them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:27 pm
boring most of the time...i prefer the GuyxGuy, GirlxGirl pairings ^^  

Kei Tsukuda

palindrome88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 pm
Eh, I don't agree at all. I love straight couples just as much as gay ones. Both are capable of being boring and cliche as hell, and both are capable of being beautiful and deep and lovely. Or just cute and sexy. Not every couple has to be 'omg tru luv 4eva' for me to like it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:49 am
palindrome88
Eh, I don't agree at all. I love straight couples just as much as gay ones. Both are capable of being boring and cliche as hell, and both are capable of being beautiful and deep and lovely. Or just cute and sexy. Not every couple has to be 'omg tru luv 4eva' for me to like it.

My thoughts exactly. 3nodding
A well written, well plotted story with romance between two characters, or the right subtext, is appealing no matter what the gender of the characters themselves.
And then there are characters which I just wouldn't slash, because it doesn't make any sense at all to me. neutral

Plus, liking more than one pairing possiblity makes for better crack, and awesome threesomes when done right. Like delicious PIE. That's Phoenix/Iris/Edgeworth, and has some of the best potential for heartwarming I've ever seen. whee Plus I kinda like Phoenix/Iris a tiny bit anyway, but PIE's just even better.

Generally I tend to ship one pairing, whether m/m, f/f, m/f in a series like burning (but not to "die for my 'ship" levels!) or ship everything. The second one is definately more fun, and I don't go all wangsty when I see something other than my OTP, that way. XDD  

Lady Gyrfalcon
Crew

Dapper Ghost

sakura-haruno-sister

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:40 pm
For me, it depends on the couple. I can't stand Kairi x Anyone. I mean Kairi is kinda creepy to me. I can stand Namine though, she is a little witch (( I mean like Matilda. )) Other than that I'm fine.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:48 pm
Yup lol
But still,everytime i see a straight pairing that interferes with a yaoi pairing i like...i inwardly vomit >.>
Like SasuSaku or something like that.

But even though i hate most straight pairings i'm very tolerant and respectful to the people who support them.No point in bashing someone for liking something you hate ^-^  

Enzai Sebby3

Orehiroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:44 pm
I use to be a rabid fan for straight pairings. xD I dunno what happened, but now when I see a certain straight pairings, I just go "Bleh, can't believe I use to like this crap. stare " Well yeah. I'm kinda less loving of the straight pairings now, but I don't hate them just yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:12 pm
They normally don't bother me unless I can't stand one or both of them. I try to read between the lines to see if they go good with someone else whether I like the pairing or not. It's more just personal preference on the characters for me.  

Broken Hearted Hiei

Tsurupettanko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:31 pm
I don't hate het-pairings, it's just sometimes when it's flat out obvious, or I just don't like the characters, it's more of an "Ugh, just stop" type of thing. Like in this RP I'm in, I personally see a bit more chemistry with my partner's side-character guy instead of his clingy and kinda slutty heroine, but hey, what can you do?

Anyways, to get my point I much prefer my pairings m/m or even f/f. It just sits better with me than with some chick/guy the character has virtually no chemistry with what-so-ever.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:33 pm
If I like the chemistry, I like the pairing...though I tend to go for het pairings with a dominant woman. Not always, but usually.  

Degrees of Kitten

Shades Of Change

2,650 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:38 pm
I don't hate het pairings, per say, but I usually don't find them interesting all that much.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:59 am
if theres a pairing i like i want them to stay together but depending on the plot i hate it when they leave a person for someone else  

Shani Baby15

Drakie Cakie
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:06 am

Hi, Miss Alice.
Anata garasu no me de donna yume wo.
Mirareru no?
Mirareru no?

Ahmehgawd, we're on the same wavelength. xD I think that all the time when I see a girl and a guy hinting at each other in anime or anything. I'm currently doing this at Ringo and Ikki. I go NO, IKKI, RINGO'S A DUMB b***h GET WITH AGITO DD<.

I can mostly get over it now because then I go read fan fiction with pairings I like in it. : D The thing mostly that I don't like about het pairings is usually, it's so predictable. I don't like it when I can foresee the pairings in what I'm reading or watching. I prefer them tricking me or, hey, let's leave the romance out all together and just have plot. I'm cool with that, too. (No one has any idea how happy I was when those two in the Da Vinci Code didn't get together.)

So yes, on the whole, most het pairings annoy me. I prefer a homo pairing over a het one any day.

Mada atashi
Kokoro ga sakete nagareteru
Tsukurotta sukima ni sasaru.
Still you do not answer…
Still you do not answer…

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items