Black is the new Black! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:58 pm
trampyre
Update: I was in the mall yesterday. It's true: there's black stuff everywhere, and yes it's affordable (at least here in Canuckland). I saw one store that had clothing entirely consisting of purple and black... I stood there dumbfounded. Also, pretty much every 'club' - oriented store had at least some goth -passable clothing items. It's not so bad, really, if you can separate the cheap stuff from the quality goods. Also as an interesting side note, while browsing for jewelry in one little boutique, the store clerks kind of looked at me awestruck, because I was all... in fashion. sweatdrop Time to stock up on black stuff and crucifixes. XP

time to start dressing like Elvis  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:18 pm
trampyre
Update: I was in the mall yesterday. It's true: there's black stuff everywhere, and yes it's affordable (at least here in Canuckland). I saw one store that had clothing entirely consisting of purple and black... I stood there dumbfounded. Also, pretty much every 'club' - oriented store had at least some goth -passable clothing items. It's not so bad, really, if you can separate the cheap stuff from the quality goods. Also as an interesting side note, while browsing for jewelry in one little boutique, the store clerks kind of looked at me awestruck, because I was all... in fashion. sweatdrop Time to stock up on black stuff and crucifixes. XP
eek THE FILTER DOWN HAS BEGUN!!!
*stuffs 300 dollars in pocket, grabs a purse, keys, and cellphone, runs to the mall*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:59 pm
trampyre
Vampyr Heartagram
Blackrose Kaire
Sayga Takaino
AEtherclaw

odds are both in time
Well if it catches on and people start wondering about what goth really is. then there might be more goth bands
I don't see why it would, very few people do that now with the whole mallgoth hottopic thing, so I don't understand why a bunch of fashionistas following trends will be any different. surprised

I second that. There might be more mallgoth bands though. xp

I can see it now. A bunch of crazy people dressed like KISS, parading around a mall in a marching band. rofl

... eek THATS.. HORRIBLE!!! I feel like my nightmares just came true! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:48 pm
Sayga Takaino
trampyre
Vampyr Heartagram
Blackrose Kaire
Sayga Takaino
AEtherclaw

odds are both in time
Well if it catches on and people start wondering about what goth really is. then there might be more goth bands
I don't see why it would, very few people do that now with the whole mallgoth hottopic thing, so I don't understand why a bunch of fashionistas following trends will be any different. surprised

I second that. There might be more mallgoth bands though. xp

I can see it now. A bunch of crazy people dressed like KISS, parading around a mall in a marching band. rofl

... eek THATS.. HORRIBLE!!! I feel like my nightmares just came true! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!11!!

i think i'd actually like to see that happen, especially if there all really lousy musicians making it completely out of time and dissident as all hell. then they might even sound something like deadscovsky  

AEtherclaw

trampyre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:29 pm
AEtherclaw

i think i'd actually like to see that happen, especially if there all really lousy musicians making it completely out of time and dissident as all hell. then they might even sound something like deadscovsky

Heh.

Reminds me of this silly clip (French Erotic Film by Andrew Kepple - possibly NSFW!) with 'The Singing Goths' .

I actually don't think it's a bad idea! I'd be alllll over it. I'd be a Singing Goth! In a Mallgoth marching band! I could like, twirl batons or ribbons or something. LOL! I mean, who says we goths have to be serious and mopey ALL the time? Erm, I'm a bit of a goofball. I like silly things. I mean, I'd totally do it for fun, with the right group of people. I'd also do stuff like this (Starbucks Mobile Desktop),
but that's because I'm certifiably insane.

Then again... maybe it's not such a good idea. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 pm
AEtherclaw

Actually retro-rockstar is in fashion here where I live. I'm seeing lots of young kids with tousled hair, stylised mullets, fauxhawks, mohawks, deathhawks... Then, there's the older people. There are those annoying people here we call 'hipsters'. These people bother me a lot for some reason. They usually look as though they walked out of a clothing advert for H&M , except that they are just slightly fashion challenged (but think they look cool), because their clothing is so perfectly mismatched. Yuppie punks. I suppose that's the essence of downtown here... Yuppie versions of every subculture wearing fast-fashion labels.

At the main intersection near my old residence downtown, I have seen the following interesting people:

a girl dolled up in proper Gothic Lolita fashion
a man in full Purple Pimp regalia (complete with purple suit, tie, fedora hat, and a cane with a very large diamond at the end)
a man dressed up like a storm trooper
a man dressed up like a (real) pirate
many squeegee punks
a man dressed up like Santa Claus
lots of punks with dogs
punks with signs that say 'why lie? need money for pot!'
zillions of tourists
many punk-lite screaming teenagers (near the local music television studio)
a man picking up garbage off the street with a sign on his back asking for donations
a few goths of various persuasions
quite a few dread-locked folk
waaay too many drunken club kids D:

soo.. I wouldn't be too surprised if I actually did see one or two people dressed like Elvis. In fact, I bet Elvis is already 'last season'. D:  

trampyre

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:25 am
sounds like you live in a vary interesting city  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:08 pm
trampyre
AEtherclaw

Actually retro-rockstar is in fashion here where I live. I'm seeing lots of young kids with tousled hair, stylised mullets, fauxhawks, mohawks, deathhawks... Then, there's the older people. There are those annoying people here we call 'hipsters'. These people bother me a lot for some reason. They usually look as though they walked out of a clothing advert for H&M , except that they are just slightly fashion challenged (but think they look cool), because their clothing is so perfectly mismatched. Yuppie punks. I suppose that's the essence of downtown here... Yuppie versions of every subculture wearing fast-fashion labels......

soo.. I wouldn't be too surprised if I actually did see one or two people dressed like Elvis. In fact, I bet Elvis is already 'last season'. D:
Do you live somewhere in Canada...  

Henneth Annun
Captain

trampyre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:47 pm
XWraith_LordX

Yup. T.O., actually. It's pretty swell if you ignore the fact that the city is rather falling apart!

But it's a great city if you're a gothie. The style is more accepted here (at least downtown where I am) than it is other places I've been.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:50 pm
trampyre
XWraith_LordX

Yup. T.O., actually. It's pretty swell if you ignore the fact that the city is rather falling apart!

But it's a great city if you're a gothie. The style is more accepted here (at least downtown where I am) than it is other places I've been.
I knew it! I go there in summer time to visit my psycho grandmother.

Can you tell me about some gothie shops there? I want to go shopping next time I go. smile  

Henneth Annun
Captain

trampyre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:32 pm
XWraith_LordX
trampyre
XWraith_LordX

I knew it! I go there in summer time to visit my psycho grandmother.

Can you tell me about some gothie shops there? I want to go shopping next time I go. smile

OK, you've got mail! Hopefully it didn't send twice (somehow I got logged out in the process).  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:03 pm
Ugh.....if you ask me, the pictures I saw do not catch my eye at all....it just looks messy, there is no "feeling" in what there wearing, coarse then again I hate how most models now-a-day look so snobby...hmph! The'ir lacking Spikes and Buckles...... stare  

Manah Uchiha

4,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 pm
Manah Uchiha
Ugh.....if you ask me, the pictures I saw do not catch my eye at all....it just looks messy, there is no "feeling" in what there wearing, coarse then again I hate how most models now-a-day look so snobby...hmph! The'ir lacking Spikes and Buckles...... stare

Maybe because they don't particually "like" what they are wearing? *shrugs* It does look a bit messy they way they put the outfits together though >.<  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:03 am
XWraith_LordX
trampyre
eek THE FILTER DOWN HAS BEGUN!!!
*stuffs 300 dollars in pocket, grabs a purse, keys, and cellphone, runs to the mall*

I have to go to the mall today and see if the filterdown has begun in Britain!  

Veruniel
Crew

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas